The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

I've moved your post from the current events thread to this one as all events today were related to the Duchess' Patronage of the National Literacy Trust.

Camilla attended a literature festival that celebrates the work of the National Literacy Trust Hub in Peterborough at Peterborough Cathedral, she visited Boots Opticians, who work with the Trust to highlight the links between eye health and literacy and she attended a reception for volunteers, supporters and partners of the National Literacy Trust Hub.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Yesterday, February 4, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Poppy Factory attended a reception to mark the fact that the charity has now placed 500 wounded, sick and disabled veterans into employment:

I think this is wonderful. Over a span of her lifetime, I imagine she does know more about osteoporosis than many of us ever will and has made it one of her missions in life to support and inform the public about this debilitating disease.

Way to go Camilla!

I think this is wonderful. Over a span of her lifetime, I imagine she does know more about osteoporosis than many of us ever will and has made it one of her missions in life to support and inform the public about this debilitating disease.

Way to go Camilla!

Yes, she's become an expert about this cruel disease the same way I have w/Dementia, through having to watch it take a loved one/Parent away from us piece by piece. It's an Education I know I wish I never have had & I'm sure it is the same w/HRH & Osteoporosis. She is in a position to do what is in her power though, to both educate and fund raise needed Research Dollars to fight this thing in a way I wish I could, and has done in the years since becoming Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall.

Congratulations to Her Royal Highness on a very well deserved honour.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

An 125 year old hospice? Wow. In many countries such hospices are a fairly recent phenomenon.

Congrats to Camilla :flowers: She really has been quite dedicated to her patronages, especially osteoporosis since her marriage. The personal connection I guess helps. But her other patronages as well, they seem to be personal choices for her. I find myself having really come to like and respect her over the years.

And she looks very nice for the event as well

Congrats to Camilla :flowers: She really has been quite dedicated to her patronages, especially osteoporosis since her marriage. The personal connection I guess helps. But her other patronages as well, they seem to be personal choices for her. I find myself having really come to like and respect her over the years.

As have I. Speaking of a person that came to these forums in 2008 and knowing about Camilla only what the rags at the checkout in the supermarket were flashing that week, my opinion and viewpoint on the Duchess of Cornwall has done a total flip flop to the positive.

Along with being dedicated to Osteoporosis, I especially admire Camilla for her dedication to literacy. On a personal angle, her work for literacy has influenced me immensely. I now buy all my used books through a program where the profits from the sale all goes to literacy programs local, national and globally.

I am really liking the recognition that Camilla is getting in regards to the things she does and never fails to look happy doing what she's doing. Maybe, just maybe, more and more people will see her as we do and just how valuable she really is to the "Firm".

I always smile when I see her at literacy events. You can see she is such a natural grandmother, I bet her grandkids adore her. Seeing her reading them stories and interacting. She always has a huge smile. I have always been involved in literacy here, working as a study buddy, and the programs get so little support or even notice. It is so important that someone like Camilla steps up and makes it more front and center.

I also like her animal patronages. She has even brought her own dogs on tours who she rescued from a shelter.

Videos:
The Duchess of Cornwall today met with the Faculty of Medicine at Southampton University to learn more about how they work with local hospitals to research skeletal issues. .

Home - ITNSource News

The Duchess of Cornwall has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Southampton, where she spoke about her personal experiences with osteoporosis and the research done in part under her patronage. .
Home - ITNSource News

It was announced today that the Duchess of Cornwall is the new patron of RoaldDahl100, a nationwide year of celebration marking 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl. To mark the new patronage the Duchess of Cornwall visited The Wondercrump World of Roald Dahl at the Southbank Centre and read a passage from Roald Dahl's The BFG today, February 16.

** gettyimages gallery **

It was announced today that the Duchess of Cornwall is the new patron of RoaldDahl100, a nationwide year of celebration marking 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl. To mark the new patronage the Duchess of Cornwall visited The Wondercrump World of Roald Dahl at the Southbank Centre and read a passage from Roald Dahl's The BFG today, February 16.

** gettyimages gallery **

Wonderful.

Considering her dedication to literacy, it seems a great pairing for her :flowers:

Yes, Camilla certainly 'took no prisoners' as far as Diana was concerned.

Ah yes, Kathy Lette the Australian who for years on holidays back home lost no opportunity to poke fun at the British she mixed with as Geoffrey Robertson's wife. It's true, Camilla has taken on some worthwhile causes and good on her for doing so, but don't lets pretend that she is some kind of feminist icon.

Yes, Camilla certainly 'took no prisoners' as far as Diana was concerned.

Ah yes, Kathy Lette the Australian who for years on holidays back home lost no opportunity to poke fun at the British she mixed with as Geoffrey Robertson's wife. It's true, Camilla has taken on some worthwhile causes and good on her for doing so, but don't lets pretend that she is some kind of feminist icon.

Ah ah ah so difficult to give some credits isn't it ?
And why oh why bring Diana here, again.

I do have my feelings as a Diana fan and I don't consider Camilla is a feminist.
However, looking at the photographs accompanying the article, I do see a woman talking to these accomplished female guests who appears natural, engaged, interested. She seems to be exchanging more than pleasantries and a few platitudes and, thank God, there are no exaggerated facial expressions or wooden demeanour, nor have any stilted conversational titbits been reported. Please Kate, take note!

Diana, love her or hate her, sinner or saint, has been dead for nearly 19 years. Isnt it time to let it rest already?

Whatever she did in the past, Camilla has shown a real dedication to her patronages. She is engaged, interested and interacting on a genuine level, whether you see her in a room of women or a room of kids. She has done a lot for the causes of osteoporosis, children's literacy, and in this case, empowering women who are victims of domestic abuse. In her nearly eleven years of marriage, Camilla has shown to be a hard worker and willing to pull her weight as the consort of the POW.

Let's stay on topic......this thread isn't about Diana.

As Patron of the Royal Veterinary College Animal Care Trust the Duchess of Cornwall today, April 28, visited the Queen Mother Hospital for Small Animals in Hatfield to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom