The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
" Darrowby, 385, this is Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Mr. Farnon's new assistant speaking? How may I help you?"
Now I just got a mental picture of Camila actually doing something like that. I think, in reality, she may very well enjoy actually doing some hands-on stuff with our furry companions, regardless of them being great or small .

Let's remember, that one of the signs of being a good person is the fact that animals are not afraid to come to you and and interact. Camila certainly has no issues in that area.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Now I just got a mental picture of Camila actually doing something like that. I think, in reality, she may very well enjoy actually doing some hands-on stuff with our furry companions, regardless of them being great or small .

Let's remember, that one of the signs of being a good person is the fact that animals are not afraid to come to you and and interact. Camila certainly has no issues in that area.
No, no, she's very gifted in this area, but no one can top Siegfried. I have never seen anyone, besides RH come close to S. in terms of rapport with animals.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess Of Cornwall Becomes Patron Of The Big Jubilee Lunch, March 15, 2012:

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife gallery **

** Duchess of Cornwall: Wallace and Gromit are Prince Charles's 'favourite people in the world' **
Old 04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall has been in Aberdeen today, April 18, 2012.

As President of Barnardo's she visited Strive and Barnardo's Scotland Fostering and as President of Maggie's
she attended a reception at Marcliffe Hotel and Spa to meet supporters of the Monty's Maggie's Appeal which
plans to build and run a new Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre. In addition to that Camilla also visited the University
of Aberdeen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** BBC: Camilla, Duchess of Rothesay, sees teaching at University of Aberdeen **

** abdn.ac.uk: Duchess of Rothesay visits trainee teachers and music scholars at the University of Aberdeen **
Old 04-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Duchess Camilla praised as a 'fairy godmother'
Duchess Camilla is a 'fairy godmother'
Quote:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has been praised as a ''fairy godmother''.
The royal - who is married to Britain's Prince Charles - came up with the idea to run the competition Cook for the Queen with British Food Fortnight to encourage children to learn about British food and organisers say she has been fantastic to work with. Alexia Robinson told HELLO! magazine ''The wonderful thing about working with the duchess is the huge amount of support she provides, not just in attending our engagements but behind the scenes too. At British Food Fortnight we call her our fairy godmother because we really would not have made the event without her.''
Glad to see Camilla is recognised for the contribution she's making.
Patronages are not just about arriving, waiving and raising the profile of the organisation; they are also about the rarely reported work behind the scenes.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
JDRF, the type 1 diabetes charity, is delighted to announce that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall has agreed to become its President.
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cornwall becomes Patron of the JDRF type 1 diabetes charity
Old 06-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Booktrust attended a children's party and reception to mark the 20th
anniversary of Bookstart at the Roof Gardens in London yesterday, June 13, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** wenn gallery ** PA: Storyteller Camilla proves a hit ** lizpichons.blogspot: Bookstart 20th anniversary **
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Literacy is a great cause to support and I'm glad it's one of the things Her Highness is interested in. I think kids need to see reading as something positive, and Camila seems to bring joy with her whenever she talks about books, or does anything that is related to reading.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Women's Royal Voluntary Service's search for Diamond Champions hosted a gathering to thank Diamond Champions Ambassadors at Clarence House, London today, September 18, 2012.

** Pic ** PA: Camilla thanks stars for support **
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Women's Royal Voluntary Service's search for Diamond Champions hosted a gathering to thank Diamond Champions Ambassadors at Clarence House, London today, September 18, 2012.

** Pic ** PA: Camilla thanks stars for support **
Is it just me, or did Camila get her hair cut?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

Kind of looks like she did. She is looking absolutely radiant these days, I wonder why?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Joint Patron of Diamond Champions (Women's Royal Voluntary Service Campaign to recognise the contribution of older volunteers), receiving Mrs. Madeline Mason (Diamond Champion Volunteer), Miss Kimberley Walsh (Campaign Supporter), and guide dogs, owners and trainers at Clarence House on October 18:

** zimbio gallery: Camilla honors a volunteer **
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Guild of St Bride attending a service to commemorate journalists, cameramen and support staff who have lost their lives in the world's conflict zones while bringing us the news at St Bride’s Church, Fleet Street, London, October 22, 2012. Following the service the Duchess attended a reception at the nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel, where she met Foreign Correspondents and members of the British news media.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as patron of Battersea Dog and Cats visited the Battersea Dog and Cats Home today, December 12, 2012.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Helen and Douglas House and of the London Taxidrivers' Fund for Underprivileged Children has invited children supported by the charities to decorate the Christmas tree and to have lunch at Clarence House, London on December 12, 2012:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Children's Party At Clarence House **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Hosts Clarence House Lunch **
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Video of the visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats :

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Battersea Dogs & Cats Home - YouTube
Old 12-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Helen and Douglas House and of the London Taxidrivers' Fund for Underprivileged Children has invited children supported by the charities to decorate the Christmas tree and to have lunch at Clarence House, London on December 12, 2012:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Children's Party At Clarence House **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Hosts Clarence House Lunch **
Love these precious gems!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus visited the Emmaus Hampshire Community Centre, Winchester on December 13, 2012:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Hampshire **

As President of the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) Camilla visited the Osteoporosis Centreand attended a reception for a local NOS supporters group and for medical staff in the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital also yesterday, December 13:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Southampton Hospital **
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus visited the Emmaus
As President of the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) Camilla visited the Osteoporosis Centreand attended a reception for a local NOS supporters group and for medical staff in the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital also yesterday, December 13:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Southampton Hospital **
Love the pics of Camilla with the little boy. Precious!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the British Equestrian Federation hosted a reception for the British equestrian teams at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympics Games at Clarence House today, January 22, 2013. Zara has been among the guests.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts A Reception For British Equestrian Teams From The London 2012 Olympics And Paralympics **

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages