The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Camila is indeed a very animated public speaker. She's supporting a great cause and appears to enjoy promoting it by bringing her own grandkids to experience some of the productions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Cornwall as President hosted a dinner and cabaret for the National Osteoporosis
Society’s 25th Anniversary at St. James’s Palace State Apartments, London, November 21, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall as President hosted a dinner and cabaret for the National Osteoporosis Society’s 25th Anniversary at St. James’s Palace State Apartments, London, November 21, 2011.
** Pic 1 **
Is that not Camilla's sister, Anabel, in the white jacket behind Camilla? Does anybody know if Anabel is also involved in the National Osteoperosis Society?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla and Anne, to me, have the best voices of the BRF. Their timbre puts me at ease.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is that not Camilla's sister, Anabel, in the white jacket behind Camilla? Does anybody know if Anabel is also involved in the National Osteoperosis Society?
Yes, I think you are right, good observaton! I guess she's involved in the National Osteoperosis Society
as well, as she attended various events like this one before.

Today the Duchess of Cornwall as President of Barnardo's attended the event "Help Cut Children Free
From Sexual Exploitation" at the KPMG building in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Like every years the Duchess switched on Burlington Arcade Christmas lights this evening.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Meets Shopkeepers And

BBC News - Camilla sings 'too loudly' at arcade lights switch on
Old 11-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more great pics without watermarks. Camilla attended the event as Patron of DecAid,
later she also visited the Prince's Trust Rock Gala 2011 held at Royal Albert Hall.

** Camilla Switches On Burlington Arcade Christmas Lights **

** Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the Christmas lights ceremony at Burlington Arcade in London **

** The Prince's Trust Rock Gala **
Old 11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as member of the Tetbury Evening Women's Institute met members of
the Lincolnshire South Women's Institute during a luncheon party, Hale Magna Village Hall, Little
Hale Road, Great Hale today, November 29.

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall had some helpers decorating the Christmas Tree at Clarence House.

Decorating the Christmas Tree at Clarence House | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I know I've said this before, but I love watching Her Highness interact with children. She's at ease when surrounded by them, and they appear to be at ease with her. I love the festive look of the tree in the background.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Helen and Douglas House invited children from The London
Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children and Helen and Douglas House to decorate the
Christmas tree and join her for tea at Clarence House in London today, December 6, 2011.

** PA: Duchess gets into festive spirit **
Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

That is an adorable picture and the children must have been thrilled to have trimmed the tree and have tea with HRH. BTW, Camilla looks smashing in that deep purple velvet suit. I love that little girl in a similar color-coordinated dress with the furry stole.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Majesty

I can't even choose a favorite picture, but I think Camila had a shadow in the form of the little boy in the collared shirt and sweater vest . He was in so many pictures, and almost always by the Duchess. The little girl in the dress similar shade as Camilla's was precious. She was hamming up with white stole . This would be a great event to volunteer at.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Those pics melted my heart. Love the DOC's outfit too-
@ Daria- Oh, boy, oh boy, can I ever see RH at this event! Said it once in my reply to your profile comment, that I just now got and replied to, but had to say it again!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Those pics melted my heart. Love the DOC's outfit too-
@ Daria- Oh, boy, oh boy, can I ever see RH at this event! Said it once in my reply to your profile comment, that I just now got and replied to, but had to say it again!
Robert Hardy would have had a blast, and the event would have been even more merrier (if that's possible, because by looking at the children's faces, they're having the time of their lives there). The Duchess looks fabulous, but is doing an even more fabulous thing for those who may not be able to have Christmas at home this season.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Maggies Cancer Charity participated in the ICAP Charity
Day at ICAP in London on December 7, 2011 in support of Maggies Cancer Charity.

The event is organized to support various charities.

And here's an additional article about yesterday's event:

** dailymail: 'It puts everything in perspective': Camilla fights back tears as she invites disabled children to deck the halls of Clarence House **

The Duchess of Cornwall choked back tears as she decorated her Christmas tree at Clarence House with a group of severely disabled children yesterday.Camilla was particularly taken with three-year-old Finley Middleton, who suffers from a combination of restricted growth and immune deficiency problems, as she handed him a glittering stocking to hang on the evergreen at her London residence. 'Here you are Finley, let's do this together,' she said as she knelt down by his side while his mother, Michaela Middleton, from Bicester in Oxfordshire looked on in tears. Afterwards she told the Mail: 'It just makes you realise how lucky you are. Honestly, it was all I could do not to cry. It puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?'

Each year Prince Charles’s wife invites a group of youngsters from the Helen and Douglas House Hospice, a charity providing respite and end of life care for seriously ill children, and the London Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children, to tea. The 16 youngsters met the duchess in the Morning Room before she invited them to each take a decoration to put on her tree helped by her equerry. Captain Charles Fraser-Samson, who was dressed in his Welsh Guards uniform, allowed some of the goggle-eyed children to try on his bear skin and even helped them to place their decoration on with his sword.

Afterwards the excited group feasted on apple juice, mini sandwiches and bite-sized cupcakes as Camilla walked round the table handing out goodie bags filled with sweets and Christmas gifts.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, as a fairy
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

** dailymail: 'It puts everything in perspective': Camilla fights back tears as she invites disabled children to deck the halls of Clarence House **

The Duchess of Cornwall choked back tears as she decorated her Christmas tree at Clarence House with a group of severely disabled children yesterday.Camilla was particularly taken with three-year-old Finley Middleton, who suffers from a combination of restricted growth and immune deficiency problems, as she handed him a glittering stocking to hang on the evergreen at her London residence. 'Here you are Finley, let's do this together,' she said as she knelt down by his side while his mother, Michaela Middleton, from Bicester in Oxfordshire looked on in tears. Afterwards she told the Mail: 'It just makes you realise how lucky you are. Honestly, it was all I could do not to cry. It puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?'

Each year Prince Charles’s wife invites a group of youngsters from the Helen and Douglas House Hospice, a charity providing respite and end of life care for seriously ill children, and the London Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children, to tea. The 16 youngsters met the duchess in the Morning Room before she invited them to each take a decoration to put on her tree helped by her equerry. Captain Charles Fraser-Samson, who was dressed in his Welsh Guards uniform, allowed some of the goggle-eyed children to try on his bear skin and even helped them to place their decoration on with his sword.

Afterwards the excited group feasted on apple juice, mini sandwiches and bite-sized cupcakes as Camilla walked round the table handing out goodie bags filled with sweets and Christmas gifts.
This melted my heart all over again, brought tears to the eyes. Jolly well done, Camilla!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Awesome pics!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

Really wonderful action from the Duchess to receive those kids. It seems to have been a great time for everyone: the Duchess, the kids, the mothers and the equirry. How fun it must have been to that boy to try the equerry's bear-skin

Camilla is really great with kids
Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Maggies Cancer Charity participated in the ICAP Charity
Day at ICAP in London on December 7, 2011 in support of Maggies Cancer Charity.

The event is organized to support various charities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
This melted my heart all over again, brought tears to the eyes. Jolly well done, Camilla!
Rose, you and me both. This is what Christmas is all about; helping others feel better and give them something to cherish and rejoice over. Her Highness has even more respect and admiration from me. Yet another royal who would have been a wonderful special education teacher.

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages