The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duchess of Cornwall has been in Aberdeen today, April 18, 2012.

As President of Barnardo's she visited Strive and Barnardo's Scotland Fostering and as President of Maggie's
she attended a reception at Marcliffe Hotel and Spa to meet supporters of the Monty's Maggie's Appeal which
plans to build and run a new Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre. In addition to that Camilla also visited the University
of Aberdeen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** BBC: Camilla, Duchess of Rothesay, sees teaching at University of Aberdeen **

** abdn.ac.uk: Duchess of Rothesay visits trainee teachers and music scholars at the University of Aberdeen **

Duchess Camilla praised as a 'fairy godmother'
Duchess Camilla is a 'fairy godmother'
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has been praised as a ''fairy godmother''.
The royal - who is married to Britain's Prince Charles - came up with the idea to run the competition Cook for the Queen with British Food Fortnight to encourage children to learn about British food and organisers say she has been fantastic to work with. Alexia Robinson told HELLO! magazine ''The wonderful thing about working with the duchess is the huge amount of support she provides, not just in attending our engagements but behind the scenes too. At British Food Fortnight we call her our fairy godmother because we really would not have made the event without her.''​
Glad to see Camilla is recognised for the contribution she's making. :)
Patronages are not just about arriving, waiving and raising the profile of the organisation; they are also about the rarely reported work behind the scenes.

Literacy is a great cause to support and I'm glad it's one of the things Her Highness is interested in. I think kids need to see reading as something positive, and Camila seems to bring joy with her whenever she talks about books, or does anything that is related to reading.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Women's Royal Voluntary Service's search for Diamond Champions hosted a gathering to thank Diamond Champions Ambassadors at Clarence House, London today, September 18, 2012.

** Pic ** PA: Camilla thanks stars for support **

Kind of looks like she did. She is looking absolutely radiant these days, I wonder why?

The Duchess of Cornwall as Joint Patron of Diamond Champions (Women's Royal Voluntary Service Campaign to recognise the contribution of older volunteers), receiving Mrs. Madeline Mason (Diamond Champion Volunteer), Miss Kimberley Walsh (Campaign Supporter), and guide dogs, owners and trainers at Clarence House on October 18:

** zimbio gallery: Camilla honors a volunteer **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Guild of St Bride attending a service to commemorate journalists, cameramen and support staff who have lost their lives in the world's conflict zones while bringing us the news at St Bride’s Church, Fleet Street, London, October 22, 2012. Following the service the Duchess attended a reception at the nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel, where she met Foreign Correspondents and members of the British news media.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Helen and Douglas House and of the London Taxidrivers' Fund for Underprivileged Children has invited children supported by the charities to decorate the Christmas tree and to have lunch at Clarence House, London on December 12, 2012:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Children's Party At Clarence House **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Hosts Clarence House Lunch **
Love these precious gems!:wub:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus visited the Emmaus Hampshire Community Centre, Winchester on December 13, 2012:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Hampshire **

As President of the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) Camilla visited the Osteoporosis Centreand attended a reception for a local NOS supporters group and for medical staff in the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital also yesterday, December 13:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Southampton Hospital **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus visited the Emmaus
As President of the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) Camilla visited the Osteoporosis Centreand attended a reception for a local NOS supporters group and for medical staff in the Medical Research Council Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital also yesterday, December 13:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Camilla Visits Southampton Hospital **
Love the pics of Camilla with the little boy. Precious!

Good to see Camilla and Zara having a great time together. :)
Both looked lovely too.

Last edited:

Today, January 23, the Duchess of Cornwall visited a reading scheme at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Primary School in Battersea, south-west London. The scheme is run by Beanstalk, a literacy charity of which Camilla is Patron.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio gallery: Camilla Visits St. Mary's RC School Battersea **

** standard.co.uk: Are you going to be Queen? You never know, answers a laughing Camilla **

Love seeing Camila interacting with children. She is so genuine with them, and doesn't mind getting down on their level. They sense it and therefore, want to be near her. Of course the fact that this event had to do with the Reading Campaign makes it even better :D.

:previous:
The DM is indeed stirring the pot; what response was the Duchess expected to give to a kid? Go into constitutional matters or explain what Princess Consort is?
Read the comments though; the best-rated ones are overwhelmingly supportive.

Her answer sounds like a teaser to me, not that it matters much.

It is the same answer she gave in exactly the same situation a couple of years ago. No big deal and certainly not new.

:previous:
The DM is indeed stirring the pot; what response was the Duchess expected to give to a kid? Go into constitutional matters or explain what Princess Consort is?
Read the comments though; the best-rated ones are overwhelmingly supportive.

I don't find her offensive on this at all - however as to answers to the child that would be less likely to get printed:

• I like my job right now - being a Duchess is lovely.
  • What do you think - would you like being a king?
  • You know being a Queen is not all it's cracked up to be. She never gets to blow bubble gum bubbles, you know.
  • I'm just happy to be helping you here with your reading. That's an excellent job to have.
  • Oh, I think our Queen right now is doing a wonderful job.
Like you , Atremisia, I think she knew exactly what she was saying. ;)

I agree the Mail is trying to stir the pot but I don't think its a bad thing that Camilla being Queen is put out there. IMHO as a Camilla supporter, the more people get used to the idea the better. If it were never discussed as a possibility then when Charles succeeds it were suddenly announced that she would be known as Queen Camilla after all I think there would be more of an outcry.

I can't remember whether it was in this article or the one in the Telegraph but at least one of them mentioned that according to constitutional experts she will be Queen automatically as wife of the King. That seems to be well known amongst people on these boards. However, not everyone is as well informed as posters to these forums and so, again, I think it is a good thing that Camilla's legal position is discussed now rather than when Charles succeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom