The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duchess of Cornwall officially opened the Catherine Goodman "Portraits From Life" Private View at the National Portrait Gallery on June 23, 2014.

Catherine Goodman (pics 2&3) is the Artistic Director of The Prince's Drawing School.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Thank you Iceflower for these updates! As much as we seem to like to complain about how much/little the BRF works, it's disappointing that no one has anything to say on this this thread as the DOC appears the last two days.
I'm happy anytime anyone is out looking at and promoting the Arts. :flowers:

:previous:

Pics of her attending the Desert Rats exhibition can be found at her patronages thread! :flowers:

Today, June 25, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Wimbledon Championships, met staff, players and members of the armed forces working at the Championships:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Video: Camilla & Her Sister-
The Duchess of Cornwall today met Armed Forces personnel who are acting as Stewards for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. The Duchess also met and ball boys and girls on the Players' Lawn. Her Royal Highness also met with some players. Her Royal Highness will then attend a private lunch in the Members' Dining Room before joining guests in the Royal Box to watch some tennis. .
Home - ITNSource News

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 18m
Her Royal Highness joined in with @TrewdyTheCow's 20th birthday celebrations earlier today #TRHCornwall pic.twitter.com/9MFO19YRTn

Where was Camilla today?

Commemoration of the Start of WWI in Belgium; August 4, 2014

Where was Camilla today?

She attended a candlelit vigil in Westminster Abbey this evening and extinguished the last candle near the tomb of the unknown soldier. The whole service was very moving. Across the UK major public buildings extinguished their lights between 10.00pm &11pm to mark the hour when the war commenced.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...s-a-vigil-of-prayer-in-Westminster-Abbey.html

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
At first I was surprised to see Camilla at such a high-profile national event on her own, but she looked very comfortable. Her outfit sparkled a bit in the candlelight too.

She attended a candlelit vigil in Westminster Abbey this evening and extinguished the last candle near the tomb of the unknown soldier. The whole service was very moving. Across the UK major public buildings extinguished their lights between 10.00pm &11pm to mark the hour when the war commenced.

Video: Duchess of Cornwall attends a vigil of prayer in Westminster Abbey - Telegraph

At first I was surprised to see Camilla at such a high-profile national event on her own, but she looked very comfortable. Her outfit sparkled a bit in the candlelight too.

Thank you.

Yes, it is clear that Camilla is now very comfortable in her royal role, and is able to carry out high profile engagements like this with grace.

The Tomb of the Unknown Warrior/Soldier (I've heard it referred to by both terms) just looks stunning w/the respective floral emblems of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland bordering it.

The commemorations may have also had a very personal meaning to the Duchess of Cornwall, as her family lost 3 brothers during the Great War, her great-uncles. Her own father himself was a distinghuised military, decorated for bravery and gallantry in the following World War.

As the next Queen Consort she was a very appropriate choice to represent the Queen and if people have a problem with her then they need to get over it. So one person thought she was the wrong choice and wrote to the Times about it. One person out of a population of how many million in the UK?

Everyone is unpopular with some section of the population and there will always be someone who will complain.

That's the shortest and lamest article I have seen in the Mail, ever. Heads will roll over being reduced to quoting one reader's letter in The Times, not to mention the dearth of photos to support her.

I am guessing all the feeble, anti-Camilla, DM reporters were following Catherine and 99.999% of the thousands of photo's taken by the media herd were binned as surplus to requirements. :lol:

As the next Queen Consort she was a very appropriate choice to represent the Queen and if people have a problem with her then they need to get over it. So one person thought she was the wrong choice and wrote to the Times about it. One person out of a population of how many million in the UK?

Everyone is unpopular with some section of the population and there will always be someone who will complain.

Very much this. What a stupid article.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Judging from the lack of follow up shock/horror headlines over Camilla's role in the WWI Centenary, I think we can safely say that a very large amount of anti-Camilla press is the result of the fertile minds of "Royal Correspondents".

Forgetting they are supposed to report the news instead of create it has never been better illustrated than the dismal DM attempt at stirring. :ROFLMAO:

I was very impressed by the Duchess of Cornwall during the Vigil in Westminster. In fact I am usually always impressed by how the Duchess fulfills her royal activities.

Video:
DUCHESS OF CORNWALL VISITS HM NAVAL BASE CLYDE-
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Rothesay (The Duchess of Cornwall) will join senior naval officers to welcome the return of the Navy's most advanced attack submarine, HMS Astute, which completes her maiden deployment at a special ceremony at HM Naval Base Clyde.
Home - ITNSource News

It's always good to see Her Royal Highness doing her duties and with a warm smile.

Zimbio calls her Camilla Parker-Bowles? *sigh* It's not like she's a newlywed.

That is just the search heading, they never changed it. In the text she is listed as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Well, technically that's wrong too. But it's better than Parker-Bowles. Baby Steps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom