The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, HRH looked very good at the gala. It's nice to see her out and about.

She looks much better in bright jewel colors. The all white elderly bride look doesn't do her any favors. Not a good look for 99 % of the people.

The Duchess of Cornwall was in Surrey today, February 13, 2014. She visited H.M. Prison Coldingley in Bisley, Woking and the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) in Guildford and she officially opened the Anniversary Halls at St Catherine's School, Bramley, Guildford.

** gettyimages gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Visits Surrey **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Camilla Parker Bowles Visits RASASC **

** bbc: Duchess of Cornwall visits HMP Coldingley prisoners **

** getsurrey.co.uk: Pupils and prisoners enjoy Royal visit from the Duchess of Cornwall **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall looked like she meant business today as she attended a seminar at a Hackney school led by Apprentice star Nick Hewer.

The royal power dressed in a flattering blue skirt suit with black heels and a snake skin clutch bag.

Camilla visited the City Academy in Hackney, east London, as part of her work as patron for the National Literacy Trust.

Duchess of Cornwall goes back to school! Camilla joins students for business talk from Apprentice star Nick Hewer | Mail Online

Looking good Camilla.

I love that suit. She looks confident and poised.

The Duchess of Cornwall was in East Sussex today, March 26. She visited St Wilfrid's Hospice in Eastbourne, she visited the new Wine Research Centre at Plumpton College in Plumpton and as President of the Ditchling Museum of Art & Craft she visited the Ditchling Museum of Art & Craft in Ditchling.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** theargus.co.uk: Camilla visits Eastbourne, Ditchling and Plumpton today **

** dailymail: It would be rude not to! Duchess of Cornwall enjoys a glass of wine at tasting class after opening hospice..**

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall was in East Sussex today, March 26. She visited St Wilfrid's Hospice in Eastbourne, she visited the new Wine Research Centre at Plumpton College in Plumpton and as President of the Ditchling Museum of Art & Craft she visited the Ditchling Museum of Art & Craft in Ditchling.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** theargus.co.uk: Camilla visits Eastbourne, Ditchling and Plumpton today **

** dailymail: It would be rude not to! Duchess of Cornwall enjoys a glass of wine at tasting class after opening hospice..**

She looks better in thesevdarker colors. Still needs a visit from the under pinning s fairy.

Charles is the "Jane Brady" of the BRF : stuck in the middle of two more popular members of the Firm, it's all about the Queen and the Cambridges. He's a man with a redundant problem of self confidance and always need to be reassured, so i pretty think that sometimes, if not often, he thinks that his hard work is underestimated.
That's why Camilla has a key role in the story : she's the only one (with the late Queen Mum) to be able to comfort this insecure man (and that's why it didn't work at all with Dinana ...).

It's natural for anyone who works hard to be a bit jealous if the limelight is shining on someone else, but the intent of this article is obviously just to stir things up. First, I find it hard to believe that any of Camilla's friends talk to the Daily Mail (especially Richard Kay).

Moreover, the Queen referred to Camilla as that "wicked woman!" Really? Other questionable nuggets: Edward and Sophie are upset because Sophie is no longer the Queen's 'favorite,' Charles and his parents agreed about expanding his role only after the 2012 Jubilee, and Edward is now furious that Sophie has to curtsey to Camilla (didn't she always have to do so after Camilla and Charles got married).

I believe that Camilla makes Charles happy and less moody. This article though is just meat for Camilla haters.

Last edited:
The Daily Fail once again tries to whip up trouble with NO attributable sources given ! I find no substance in this article whatsoever...

The Daily Fail once again tries to whip up trouble with NO attributable sources given ! I find no substance in this article whatsoever...

It's from Richard Kay, Diana's hagiographer. No surprise here.

I will believe what Camilla wants and what Camilla thinks when it comes from her own mouth in a reputable interview. To me, the entire article was pure hogwash.

It's from Richard Kay, Diana's hagiographer. No surprise here.

Who does Richard Kay hate more Charles or Camilla?
I was surprised that the comments section was more pro-Camilla or at least people seem to see that he is doing a hatchet job.

:previous: I thought about your question which is quite a valid one and then I thought about the word 'hate' and thought again. Hate is a very intense verb. It takes so very many words to explain what it means in a dictionary, and yet, when you read what Richard Kay writes about Charles and Camilla you can't help but feel it. It oozes unhealthy venom and is utterly reppellent to any half-way decent human being.

I think his main target is actually Camilla because going back over time, the media had Charles, William and Harry on the defensive. Who could forget Charles 'open mic' incident when he said what he felt and his sons felt it too. Then along comes Camilla and, against all odds, Charles marries her and one of the things she brought to the marriage was experience dealing with the media on her own terms. She never let them define her and I think she worked hard to support her entire family in this arena and, let's face it, Charles, William and Harry all deal with the media with a lot more ease and aren't afraid of laughing at them.

This was never Richard Kay's dream career of writing ever more scathing articles about Charles, dining out on the quasi-fame he engendered in the haters, maybe he even saw himself as a King maker. Who knows. But what we do know is the Camilla changed the entire dynamics of the BRF and Kay and others of his ilk are reduced to trying to whip up a frenzy any way they can.

Charles is a happily married man as is his son William and if William isn't quite as sanguine as his father when dealing with the media, at least he is past pouting. Harry is doing alright but is able to keep a greater distance from the media and at least he hasn't actually punched one out lately.

I think that even if Camilla is obstensively seen to lose in the media, she wins more support with every continuing drop of poison. Don't you just love the irony.

Last edited:
:previous: I thought about your question which is quite a valid one and then I thought about the word 'hate' and thought again. Hate is a very intense verb. It takes so very many words to explain what it means in a dictionary, and yet, when you read what Richard Kay writes about Charles and Camilla you can't help but feel it. It oozes unhealthy venom and is utterly reppellent to any half-way decent human being.

I think his main target is actually Camilla because going back over time, the media had Charles, William and Harry on the defensive. Who could forget Charles 'open mic' incident when he said what he felt and his sons felt it too. Then along comes Camilla and, against all odds, Charles marries her and one of the things she brought to the marriage was experience dealing with the media on her own terms. She never let them define her and I think she worked hard to support her entire family in this arena and, let's face it, Charles, William and Harry all deal with the media with a lot more ease and aren't afraid of laughing at them.

This was never Richard Kay's dream career of writing ever more scathing articles about Charles, dining out on the quasi-fame he engendered in the haters, maybe he even saw himself as a King maker. Who knows. But what we do know is the Camilla changed the entire dynamics of the BRF and Kay and others of his ilk are reduced to trying to whip up a frenzy any way they can.

Charles is a happily married man as is his son William and if William isn't quite as sanguine as his father when dealing with the media, at least he is past pouting. Harry is doing alright but is able to keep a greater distance from the media and at least he hasn't actually punched one out lately.

I think that even if Camilla is obstensively seen to lose in the media, she wins more support with every continuing drop of poison. Don't you just love the irony.

Good points. I especially like your last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom