The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
So do I; those pictures are always lovely and genuine. :)

That's not standard-issue! Camilla salutes RAF wearing bizarre beret in air force blue
The Duchess of Cornwall gave a nod to the RAF uniform today, her blue beret echoing the force's colours as she accepted the freedom of a town on behalf of its local air base. But perched on top of the Philip Treacy creation was a blue rose wrapped up in Saturn-style rings of felt. Camilla matched the bizarre headwear with a blue Anna Valentine coat dress and a brooch given to her by RAF Halton, of which she is the Honorary Air Commodore.
Judging by the comments at the end of the article, most people seem to agree that the hat is actually quite pretty. ;)

I like the hat too. It's quirky without being too 'out there'. Better than her Paddington hats certainly.

Camilla really suits RAF blue.

Camilla, The Duchess of Rothesay visited Rosslyn Chapel on May 8, 2012 in Roslin, Scotland.
The Duchess attended a service to celebrate the completion of the conservation programme of Rosslyn Chapel, toured the Chapel and met supporters during a reception, and unveiled a plaque to commemorate the opening of the new Visitor Centre.

- The Duchess of Rothesay
- With a lovely little bouquet
- [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010080031B13364980132199482"]Touring the Chapel with Peter Loughborough
[/URL] - The Duchess with some of the local schoolchildren
- With the well-wishers who had gathered outside the Chapel
- Gallery from Getty

The Duchess is wearing one of her favourite coats. Quite appropriately, the tartan in her coat is the Balmoral Tartan. One of the noblest of royal tartans, it was designed by Prince Albert back in 1850's. The overall grey look with over-checks of red and black was meant to achieve the appearance of rough granite. This particular tartan can be worn by any member of the Royal Family - but only with Her Majesty's permission.

Last edited:
Duchess of Cornwall visits Sudeley Castle
The Duchess of Cornwall visited Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe today to celebrate the quincentenary of Katherine Parr. The castle is the former home of Queen Katherine, the last wife of Henry VIII, and she is buried on site at St Mary’s Church.
The Duchess visited the castle in her role as patron of the Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival, which marks the 500th anniversary of the birth of Katherine Parr. She was welcomed to the castle by pupils from Winchcombe Abbey Primary School and met Lord and Lady Ashcombe, its current owners.

- The Duchess of Cornwall with historian Dr David Starkey
- The Duchess of Cornwall on the grounds of the castle with Sir Roddy Llewellyn

Thank you for the pictures. The close up with Dr. Starkey shows Camilla's engagement ring and wedding ring in their proper place, and the ring that appeared around the first of the year on her little finger. At least I haven't seen it in any previous photos. I'm curious about it because (besides the usual) I wonder if it marked an anniversary of some kind, perhaps an unofficial one, in which case we're not likely to find out anything about it. At this point, I'm as puzzled at the lack of press comment as I am about the ring. There were a bunch of pictures of the henna tattoo she got in Africa - what's the deal with the ring?

The Duchess of Cornwall has attended the wedding of her godson Henry Allsopp and Naomi Gummer at The Church of St. Nicholas, Chadlington in Chipping Norton on May 26, 2012.
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dailymail article **
** gettyimages/indigo gallery: GBR: Henry Allsopp And Naomi Gummer Wedding **
** hellomagazine: Camerons and little Florence share excitement at wedding of Camilla's godson **

Lovely pictures! :flowers:
Henry Allsopp is Honourable Henry William Allsopp, the son and heir of Charles Henry Allsopp, 6th Baron Hindlip of Hindlip, and Fiona Victoria Atherley McGowan. Camilla is very close to the Baron's family; I think their fathers were old army friends.

Naomi Gummer is Honourable Naomi Gummer, the daughter of Peter Gummer, Baron Chadlington and Lucy Rachel Dudley-Hill.

:previous:

Thanks for adding, Artemisia :flowers:

Besides an event together with the Prince of Wales (see here), the Duchess of Cornwall has toured gardens in Shoreditch and Dalston as part of a visit to the Chelsea Fringe Festival today, May 30. She met staff, volunteers and school children at Spitalfields City Farm and visited the Oranges and Lemons Garden at St. Leonards Church in Shoreditch, before touring The Geffrye Museum in Dalston and meeting community volunteers at the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** PA: Camilla's potty for plants at farm **

** itv.com: Duchess of Cornwall at Chelsea Fringe Festival **

** dailymail: Green-fingered Duchess of Cornwall isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.. **

She does look very nice. I also liked the wrap dress, simply because it fitted. I don't know why she doesn't wear more fitted dresses. Oh also change her hairstyle.

She really enjoys gardening

Lovely pictures! :flowers:
Henry Allsopp is Honourable Henry William Allsopp, the son and heir of Charles Henry Allsopp, 6th Baron Hindlip of Hindlip, and Fiona Victoria Atherley McGowan. Camilla is very close to the Baron's family; I think their fathers were old army friends.

Naomi Gummer is Honourable Naomi Gummer, the daughter of Peter Gummer, Baron Chadlington and Lucy Rachel Dudley-Hill.

Henry Allsopp is also the brother of the very well-known TV presenter, Kirstie Allsopp, who recently interviewed Prince Charles for Good Housekeeping magazine.

I think the balcony scene the other day with just the core members of the family may have been an introduction to a much busier schedule for all concerned. I may be wrong but I get the feeling that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are going to be seen alot more in the coming months.

Lovely pictures of Camilla, thanks Nico and Iceflower. :flowers:
I thought Camilla was in Transylvania, with Prince Charles.

That little blond girl gave a very sweet curtsy to Camilla.

Fair play to Camilla; it's been wet with winds of 70mph in the south west today but she still looks as if she wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

The pictures from the Royal Cornwall Show are great. EIIR, I'm in agreement with you about the little girl and her curtsey, as well as the fact that Camila's demeanor (at least in pictures) definitely said 'I want to be here'. Her smile was extremely genuine, and as always, she looked great in light blue.

I think the balcony scene the other day with just the core members of the family may have been an introduction to a much busier schedule for all concerned. I may be wrong but I get the feeling that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are going to be seen alot more in the coming months.

It's clear Camilla's schedule has already increased this year.

If you look at the annual engagements thread, last year Camilla did 250 engagements according to Tim Donnovan who does the yearly letter to the Times. On Iluvbertie's figures she has already done over 147 this year and we are not quite half way through the year.

The Duchess of Cornwall has marked a statue with SmartWater at Hyde Park, London on June 14, 2012.

Camilla promotes a campaign to stop war memorials being vandalised. In Memoriam 2014 will try and protect every memorial in the country by the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War in three years time. The campaign will aim to mark every one of Britain's 100,000 war monuments with SmartWater, widely used to protect house contents from burglary by putting an invisible code
on property.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** wenn gallery **

** itv.com: Duchess of Cornwall at Royal Artillery Memorial **

As a second event today the Duchess of Cornwall visited to a flower festival celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee
at St Mary's Church, Barnes in southwest London.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Attends Jubilee Floral Festival In Barnes **

** cozycot gallery ** wenn gallery **

Last edited:
Arrival of Duchess gives show a big lift
The Duchess of Cornwall lit up the county's largest annual event when she arrived at the showground on the outskirts of Wadebridge, and was greeted by large crowds during a scheduled four-hour tour. The sun didn't exactly shine but there was a lull in the rain and high winds by the time Camilla arrived via helicopter at the Royal Cornwall Show.
A lovely article. :)

I thought this happened awhile ago.

Camilla tastes Royal Canapes

The Duchess of Cornwall was left licking her fingers in approval when she joined a group of young cooks making canapes for the Queen.

Camilla could not resist sampling some of the royal mint icing that had stuck to her hand as she added a chocolate button to a miniature pudding created by the school children.

more detail article
Luv'lee Jub'lee Bub'lee! Just one of the recipes cooked up by schoolchildren making a meal fit for the Queen at the Palace

Last edited:

I think you might be remembering when she launched this idea and did some cooking with some children to get the scheme up and running. This event relates to the winners actually cooking in BP - the end of the competition.

Lovely to see her at the beginning and the end.

Yesterday, June 28, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a Diamond Jubilee tea party in St Paul's Church in south Kensington for elderly local residents. The Duchess provided the party with tea cakes decorated with her crest and was given a huge hand painted tea pot. Camilla also attended a 'Diamond Champions' reception at Queensway Ice Rink, Batswater, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** htb.org.uk: Duchess drops in for Jubilee tea at Onslow Square ** gallery **

** PA: Royal recognition for skating coach **

** express.co.uk: CAMILLA CHAMPIONS SKATING QUEEN ALICE **

The Duchess of Cornwall has attended the festivities in the village of Colnbrook in Slough, Buckinghamshire yesterday, June 29.

Colnbrook's Jubilee Clock was unveiled on the High Street in the centre of Colnbrook's conservation area. The clock is 5.5 metres
tall and is made of cast aluminium. It will stand close to where the town's Coronation Clock installed to mark Edward VII's Coronation stood until 1930s.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** sloughobserver.co.uk: Village's Jubilee clock unveiled **

** sloughexpress.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall unveils Colnbrook's clock **

** colnbrook.info: Crowds throng to see Camilla unveil Colnbrook’s Jubilee Clock **

It's lovely to see so much of the Duchess recently, she seems to be having a very busy year so far. Then again, as anyone who doesn't work for the Daily Mail knows, she's often busy but we just don't see what she's doing.

It's lovely to see so much of the Duchess recently, she seems to be having a very busy year so far. Then again, as anyone who doesn't work for the Daily Mail knows, she's often busy but we just don't see what she's doing.

I'm no fan of the Daily Mail but to be fair to them, their website often has coverage of Camilla's engagements - far more than the Daily Telegraph's. Their articles (except Richard Kay/Geoffrey Levy's) have also been quite positive in recent months.

As you say, it's lovely to see so much of Camilla. She has noticeably increased her workload this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom