The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There actually still are Town Criers? I thought that post would have been winnowed out with the times. What are their duties, might I ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no doubt that Camilla is a lot more comfortable in her royal role now, and as a result, is happy to do a lot more solo engagements. I don't believe there was ever a shortage of potential solo engagements for her, I think it was just her reluctance to do them.

There actually still are Town Criers? I thought that post would have been winnowed out with the times. What are their duties, might I ask?

I think it's just a historicial remnant, like the night watch (or bellman)
in other old cities, a tourist attraction..:)

Here are pics from today:

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits Melcombe Primary School to meet
school children taking part in educational activities run by the charity
'Debt Doctors Foundation' in Hammersmith, London on February 25,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

:previous:Ah! Thank you Ice! :flowers:
And I see that the DoC has taken our Beatrix Fan's advice and is wearing a lovely pashmina scarf that looks very good on HRH.

Pics 4.3.2010

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall reads to children from Avondale Park School
during a visit to a Mad Hatter's Tea Party at Foyles, Westfield on March 4,
2010 in London, England.

The Duchess was at the bookshop to celebrate World Book Day and read
an extract of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to a group of children from
Avondale Park School.

Once more wonderful to see Camilla interacting with children!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio/getty gallery **

:previous: The 3rd photo is just priceless! Thanks much! :flowers: Camilla looked great once again. Apart from this elegant jacket - I think we see that quite often lately - the black skirt and the clutch were a nice match.

And I agree with Russophile above: the pashmina scarf looks wonderful on her! And what a beautiful blue shade! :)

I like this photo, it's lovely. Both Camilla and a child look in harmony with another one.:)

Mayor of London Boris Johnson poses with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
at Clarence House, March 09, 2010 in London, England. Johnson met
with Camilla to discuss helping victims of sexual assaults in the capital.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

since becaming duchesse , camilla has pulled out a lot of events !!
im sorry she cant be their with her hasband in this event again !

If your back hurts, it hurts - usually there is little you can do to predict when it might happen.

Good to see Camilla back on the job after the trip to Central Europe.

Although the news is sad, I'm glad to hear Camilla feels good and is determined to carry out all planned engagements. All the best wishes to her!! :flowers:

Although the news is sad, I'm glad to hear Camilla feels good and is determined to carry out all planned engagements. All the best wishes to her!! :flowers:

I have to say here too that Camilla really does have a lot of spunk to her.

A few years ago I was tripped up by a tornado in a puppy suit and ended up breaking my ankle and like Camilla, was told to keep weight off it and leave the cast be... no scratchin :) I know at that time would I have been in her shoes.. err cast.. I'd probably not commit to doing public engagements.

I am hoping for a speedy recovery for her. Also a Happy Anniversary for today as well.

A speedy recovery to the Duchess and a smile to her spunk.

Hope the Duchess of Cornwall recovers quickly. Camilla keep yourself positive and the time will go quickly. :);):)

Ouch!
Get well soon. God Bless.

I apologize if that's the wrong place to post this but I just have to share the front page of the current Globe tabloid, because that's one of the most hilarious thing I've seen in ages.

GLOBE

I won't even linger on their aggrandizing Camilla's mundane accident into a suicide attempt, but 'William is named King'? :lol::lol:
On what planet do these clowns live? Are they not aware that there is a monarch in exercise, that if something appends to her, Charles will succeed, that Camilla isn't on the succession line so her health is utterly irrelevant and that Kings aren't named?
It's hard to see the difference between tabloids and spoof magazines such as The Onion these days.

You mean it WASN'T a suicide attempt?? :eek: Let me see where's that article. . . "Boy trapped in Refridgerator eats own foot", um, not there, uh, "I had alien baby with Planet Zaytar Commander" hmmm. Not there. . .Ah. Here it is.Camilla Crisis! - Globe Magazine

Prince Charles' drunken second wife tried to kill herself in a shocking new meltdown that left her in seclusion and nursing a badly broken leg, royal sources say. Camilla's latest crisis was triggered when she learned Queen Elizabeth will formally bypass Charles and make William the heir to the throne later this year. GLOBE rips the lid off the malice in the palace. Don't miss a single word.

My oh my! :ohmy: Well crap. Russo wanted to have a glass of Merlot with TDoC. This puts a damper on things. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom