The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I find it interesting how the DM is reporting that Camilla is on vacation while Charles "remained at home, still saddened by the death of a close friend" when we know that Charles is at the Highland Games with his parents and certainly doesn't look "saddened" - http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/179...dlkXyb2A%3d%3d
I simply chose to not take the DM bait. As another older lady, I was interested in her swimwear (we really have a lot in common ) and I liked the chatty photo with her sister.

The DOC was in a no win situation. Had she gone home the headline would have been about her rushing home to comfort the Prince's loss of friend and former resident of Charles and Camilla's love nest - Anmer Hall.

Sometimes, I try to guess what slams the DM will hurl before I read the stories. Their pictures are the best, though.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Every year when Camilla goes on vacation with her family without Charles the papers criticizes about something.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Every year when Camilla goes on vacation with her family without Charles the papers criticizes about something.
Yeps. Seems that there's trouble if they're not permanently joined at the hip. I envy Camilla her alone time sometimes.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Majesty

It seems to me as if some people can't get their heads around the idea that couples can spend time apart and still be happy.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It seems to me as if some people can't get their heads around the idea that couples can spend time apart and still be happy.
I agree, but I have said the same thing on other threads but someone always responds that they could not imagine ever having a separate vacation from their spouse which always seemed like a sign of insecurity to me.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I agree, but I have said the same thing on other threads but someone always responds that they could not imagine ever having a separate vacation from their spouse which always seemed like a sign of insecurity to me.

I suppose having grown up with parents who even lived 200 miles apart due to work commitments (and claimed until their dying days that those two years made their marriage stronger) as well as taking holidays apart, and seeing my siblings and myself do this I agree. I couldn't stand to always have my partner with me - I enjoy my annual two weeks away from him doing 'my thing' while he goes away and does his.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Well, even with his late wife, sometimes Charles prefers to vacation alone while his wife takes her time off elsewhere.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I suppose having grown up with parents who even lived 200 miles apart due to work commitments (and claimed until their dying days that those two years made their marriage stronger) as well as taking holidays apart, and seeing my siblings and myself do this I agree. I couldn't stand to always have my partner with me - I enjoy my annual two weeks away from him doing 'my thing' while he goes away and does his.
I know what you mean. Over my parents 60+ yr marriage they also took their own vacations. He liked to go off fishing/shooting/golfing and she liked to go off shopping in Paris/Milan or NYC or sunning in the South of France. They saw no reason why either should do something they did not want to. Of course there were also family vacations with their children and when we were off at school they would take their own vacation together traveling or a cruise which was their "together time". They kept up the routine well into their 80s. For their children this seemed perfectly normal and we all seem to have a similar habit.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, even with his late wife, sometimes Charles prefers to vacation alone while his wife takes her time off elsewhere.

That is true from the mid/late-80s after the marriage had 'irretrievably broken down'. Diana and Charles did holiday together in the early 80s and would go skiing together until the public breakdown of their marriage when there was no need to pretend in public at all.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Majesty

They still went on vacations together even after all of that but I guess it's normal to get away for a while with friends. Camilla looked like she was enjoying herself. Charles likes to get on with his painting and his gardening.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Administrator

It's time for a new thread, which can be found here Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - .

Thanks to all who posted!

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall