The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
I once had someone create 30+ different YouTube accounts (which would require 30+ different email addresses, etc.) in order to post crude comments on a video I uploaded where Camilla was visible for just a few seconds.
Now that is sad.

Thank you very much for the link to the Mail articles. I think she looked lovely at both events in Amsterdam.

I particularly liked the article about her wandering around Amsterdam just soaking up the atmosphere. I reminds me of her going out to meet the crowds outside of Clarence House the night before William's wedding. She seems to get as much enjoyment from other peoples pleasure as she does from being part of the event.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder who will get the orange hat for christmas?

Old 05-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Commoner

I think it's a good way of showing how everyone can just enjoy the party and have fun. People always talk about William and Catherine as the future of the monarchy but I wouldn't write Charles and Camilla off just yet.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?
When you see comments, dont just see the ones on first page.
Go to best-rated and worst-rated and number of green/red arrows. They will give you a more clearer picture.
And for this article, you will find that public response is far more in favour of Camilla, than against.
And as for the vily comments, these are nothing compared to the ones on many Youtube videos.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
When you see comments, dont just see the ones on first page.
Go to best-rated and worst-rated and number of green/red arrows. They will give you a more clearer picture.
And for this article, you will find that public response is far more in favour of Camilla, than against.
And as for the vily comments, these are nothing compared to the ones on many Youtube videos.
Thank you all for the clarification on the comments! I quite like Camilla and I think P.Charles and she are a really good couple
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Sales of bee venom soar after Camilla is reported to swear by it - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Commoner

The comments on those YouTube videos are all the same basically. I hardly think a few trolls would worry Camilla anyway.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

The DM still in love with the Duchess :

Duchess of Cornwall adds glamour to the Badminton Horse Trials as she makes appearance to hand out trophy (shame Zara won't be getting one!) | Mail Online
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics of Camilla at the Badminton Horse Trials 2013 today, May 6:

** gettyimages/wireimage ** gettyimages/daylife **
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Ahem :

Rachel Johnson: Finally, The Firm has given Camilla the top job she deserves (and I don't care what the bigots say - even if they do scrawl it in green ink) | Mail Online
Old 05-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the link. The Daily Mail does seem to be trending towards more positive coverage of the Duchess over the past few months.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Today, May 15, the Duchess of Cornwall met staff and members during a visit to the Peckham Branch of the London Mutual Credit Union.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** zimbio: Camilla Parker Bowles Visits the London Mutual Credit Union **

** telegraph.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall joins credit union ** bbc: Camilla joins Peckham credit union **
Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

"Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall" ?!? Or is is The Duchess of Cornwall? I'm fairly pedantic by nature but even I have trouble keeping up with who gets a capital "T" in their "the". I need to revise.

If she is to be described in this manner, surely it should be "Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor, the (or The) Duchess of Cornwall."
Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
"Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall" ?!? Or is is The Duchess of Cornwall? I'm fairly pedantic by nature but even I have trouble keeping up with who gets a capital "T" in their "the". I need to revise.

If she is to be described in this manner, surely it should be "Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor, the (or The) Duchess of Cornwall."
I believe it should simply be The Duchess of Cornwall. No need for surnames (or forenames).
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I believe the "The" refers to the monarch, the monarch's children, and their consorts, but does not descend to the monarch's grandchildren or their consorts.

Thus, Charles is The Prince of Wales and Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall while William and Catherine are only the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I believe it should simply be The Duchess of Cornwall. No need for surnames (or forenames).
I agree with you, but it's not going to happen that way.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I believe the "The" refers to the monarch, the monarch's children, and their consorts, but does not descend to the monarch's grandchildren or their consorts.

Thus, Charles is The Prince of Wales and Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall while William and Catherine are only the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
I just went to the Official Monarchy site to check how it's written there, and though they do refer to Camilla as The Duchess of Cornwall, they also refer to Catherine as The Duchess of Cambridge. Mind you, they also note that Charles is the Earl of Chester and Camilla is The Duchess of Chester. So I'm afraid that the Official site is not a reliable source as far as those things go.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The way I kind of see it is that she could be called any of the following:
- Camilla, The Duchess of of Cornwall
- Mrs. Charles Mountbatten-Windsor
- Mrs. Charles Wales
- Mrs. Charles Cornwall
- Ms. Camilla Parker Bowles
- Ms. Camilla Shand

The surnames should not be mixed with the title, and the most accurate name to use is Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall as it is the name that she's expressed a desire to be known as.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I just went to the Official Monarchy site to check how it's written there, and though they do refer to Camilla as The Duchess of Cornwall, they also refer to Catherine as The Duchess of Cambridge. Mind you, they also note that Charles is the Earl of Chester and Camilla is The Duchess of Chester. So I'm afraid that the Official site is not a reliable source as far as those things go.
Hahah, of course. Wikipedia refers to the whole lot as "The" if they have a title beyond "Prince" or "Princess." I'm almost remote to email the official site to get an official response.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I hope you've noticed that it's not been my choice to call her that way, but the need to quote the given caption correctly. Citation rules come first

On May 14 the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew and saw the exhibition "Rory McEwen The Colours of Reality" in The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art. The exhibition celebrates the varied work of the late Scottish artist and musician and includes pieces not seen since 1988.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** The Duchess of Cornwall visits the Rory McEwen art exhibition **

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall