The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess events like this make people of other countries more nationalistic and proud of their own royals.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Commoner

The Daily Mail just publishes these articles in order to divide public opinion, either people will love her, or despise her even more. Personally, I think she looks stunning and everything - dress and jewels - works.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Courtier

It is a sarcastic exaggeration, meant to draw The Duchess flak.
But I am glad to see far more positive response for Camilla from DM readers..
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

I don't understand the Camilla hate. She seems to be a fun person and Charles seems much more relaxed than he was before. The title discussion seems stupid. If she is going to be treated as the Queen with Charles as King then she should be called Queen. If William and Harry don't have a problem with her, the rest of us shouldn't
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't understand the Camilla hate. She seems to be a fun person and Charles seems much more relaxed than he was before. The title discussion seems stupid. If she is going to be treated as the Queen with Charles as King then she should be called Queen. If William and Harry don't have a problem with her, the rest of us shouldn't
I completely agree, Camilla is magnificent, Charles adores her and even said that she was "special", and WIlliam and Harry also like her. Sadly, the media loves a good pantomime villain and some members of the public will go along with it, despite citing what happened well over twenty years ago.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

A nice story from the DM, apparently in some kind of "Camilla phase".

'We love your Princess Camilla!': Dutch party tell how they bumped into Camilla and her new orange hat on streets of Amsterdam | Mail Online
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Commoner

One of my friend's sisters saw Camilla actually walking about in public during the parties for Queen's Day in the Netherlands! I didn't believe it but I've just seen an article in the Mail about it too! I'm telling you, the Duchess has just risen even further in my eyes!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?
Don't be shocked, you get the same comments on every single article on the website. The majority of commenters are people who are scouting the internet for something to moan at and the DM is the best place to do it.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Courtier

They're in the same class as those who are freezing and when given a coat complain about the color!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:

I personally love Camilla and my family does too however, people who only know of Diana and don't know the full story are very quick to abuse the Duchess. Its not anger at Camilla, it's ignorance plus sheer rudeness.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Majesty

That was very nice of Camilla to go out and mingle with the people.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Its a small group of people whom always comment by using different names to make you think it's different people...they are even on other royal forums and always comment on the Duchess's articles like that... look at William and Kate's articles at DM, the same thing, always vicious comments about Kate.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That was very nice of Camilla to go out and mingle with the people.
I really think Camilla is coming into her own. Even during the Jubilee celebrations, she's been seen with Charles walking among the crowds just soaking up the flavor of the day. She really seems to enjoy spontaneity and should she be recognized, enjoy talking with the people she meets. I don't think she aimed to have her orange hat purchase made public but I thought it was kind of cool that she got into the mood of the day and bought one.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:

The highest rated comments were all positive and the vicious comments were red arrow by hundreds of people. I have to agree with the previous poster this happens every single article about Camilla. Most of the negative posts are by the same people.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Her clothes were nice, but not as flattering as some I've seen her wear in the past. Its a shame. Great event for her though. I think she did well over there :)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's lovely. I get the impression Camilla is just a really down to earth, decent woman. I bet she'd be easy to talk to.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Nice article. Negative comments are made by the crazies. They are so bad they are funny.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeyah View Post
Its a small group of people whom always comment by using different names to make you think it's different people
I once had someone create 30+ different YouTube accounts (which would require 30+ different email addresses, etc.) in order to post crude comments on a video I uploaded where Camilla was visible for just a few seconds.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Many of those comments aren't even made by citizens of the UK and many of them also post over and over again the same rubbish on websites etc.

One who posts there posts on other fora, and if she ever turned up here I would be gone in a flash - but her vitriol towards Camilla is suggestive of something wrong in her life that she hasn't gotten over the fact that Diana married the wrong man for her, was cheated on, cheated herself, separated, divorced and died and it all happened nearly a generation ago.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall