The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I cannot speak from experience on this matter but I do know that when women go through something life so shattering and traumatic as rape and sexual abuse, its impact is one that for the most part sends a woman into a feeling of isolation and self recrimination that is very difficult to come back from.

For the Duchess of Cornwall to address these issues and give her support physically and verbally to the women facing these issues is a major cry out to all women that they're not alone and that there are places they can go and people that will support them should they need it. I think its very commendable.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help rape victims by giving away wash bags with luxury toiletries 'to make them feel more human':
Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help rape victims by giving away wash bags with luxury toiletries 'to make them feel more human' | Mail Online
I'm glad that she actually spoke to victims to find out what would help them. This is such a worthwhile cause and I really admire Camilla for getting involved with it.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Majesty

I agree, I like that Camilla & Catherine are taking on issues that royal ladies weren't allowed to take on in the past. Rape and drugs aren't easy issues to tackle.

Royal Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall has held a reception at Clarence House, in support of victims of rape and sexual abuse. The Duchess gave a speech and the reception was attended by Home Secretary Theresa May:
http://news.itnsource.com/
Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree, I like that Camilla & Catherine are taking on issues that royal ladies weren't allowed to take on in the past. Rape and drugs aren't easy issues to tackle.

Royal Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall has held a reception at Clarence House, in support of victims of rape and sexual abuse. The Duchess gave a speech and the reception was attended by Home Secretary Theresa May:
http://news.itnsource.com/
Diana was very involved with drug charities so Kate is hardly breaking new ground.

Camilla's support for rape crisis is something I admire and not easy for anyone to be involved with.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Diana was very involved with drug charities so Kate is hardly breaking new ground.

Camilla's support for rape crisis is something I admire and not easy for anyone to be involved with.
I mean, in the past like in The Queen's day. Now the royal women can tackle those hard issues and I think that's great.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Majesty

The Queen was praised for going to a leper colony in her day. Queen Victoria set the example of having a smallpox injection.

Royals have taken on the hard issues within their own times.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Regardless of who did what first, drug and rape causes are very hard to take on and I admire Kate, Camilla and any other royal that chooses to highlight these issues.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help rape victims by giving away wash bags with luxury toiletries 'to make them feel more human':
Duchess of Cornwall launches new initiative to help rape victims by giving away wash bags with luxury toiletries 'to make them feel more human' | Mail Online
It seems like a small thing but it really does make a difference in the lives of these women and children. Our volunteer group had a similar initiative for the mothers and children who lived in rescue housing – escaping situations of abuse and violence. And it was something that everyone got involved in --the moms in our group collected items and the kids made up the bags and delivered them. Kudos to the Duchess.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited Mulberry School for Girls, Commercial Road, London today, February 7, 2013.

Here are some nice pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk: Royal visit: Duchess of Cornwall comes to Tower Hamlets **
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cornwall looks really nice, especially in the first picture.
I rather like the fact she appears to be promoting education and reading at every opportunity; the importance of both should not be underestimated.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I rather like the fact she appears to be promoting education and reading at every opportunity; the importance of both should not be underestimated.
I agree. This is especially key when visiting deprived areas of London where some of the children may not have access to as many opportunities as their counterparts in other parts of the country may.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree with you. The Duchess strikes as someone who is genuinely interested in what she does, and has great passion for helping those that are in need.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is my favorite pic of her ever. How pretty her smile lines (crows feet) are in this photo. I've never thought it fair that wrinkles give a man "gravitas: while they "spoil a woman's beauty." Camilla in this photo shows life's lines can make a lady more beautiful than ever.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited Wiltshire today, February 12, 2013.

She visited the RISE Children's Centre to meet volunteers and those supported by the Chippenham Time Network and Wiltshire Money in Chippenham, she met young people taking part in courses run by Community First's Youth Action Wiltshire programme at Langley Burrell Village Hall, Chippenham, she visited the Wiltshire Scrapstore and Resource Centre to tour the charity, open the Centre's new community room and join a story-telling session to commemorate the visit in Bowden Hill, Lacoc.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio gallery: Camilla Visits Wiltshire Scrapstore **

** zimbio gallery: Community First's Youth Action Wiltshire **

** gazetteandherald.co.uk: Camilla's praise for Chippenham children's centre **

** wiltshiretimes.co.uk: Duchess makes stops in Chippenham, Langley Burrell and Lacock **
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another worthy cause the Duchess in engaged with: the more involved the youth is with community projects, the likelier they'll stay out of troubles and learn responsibility, community effort and hard work from the start.

On a different note, how lovely does Camilla look lately? She's positively glowing on all her recent engagements.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Another worthy cause the Duchess in engaged with: the more involved the youth is with community projects, the likelier they'll stay out of troubles and learn responsibility, community effort and hard work from the start.

On a different note, how lovely does Camilla look lately? She's positively glowing on all her recent engagements.
Agree with you on all points.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

On February 7 the Duchess of Cornwall has visited the "Amongst Heroes: The Artist In Working Cornwall" exhibition at Two Temple Place in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** sipa gallery **

** thisiscornwall.co.uk: Gift fit for a Duchess – a tin of pilchards **
Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

DM article :

'I've got my eye on you, Charles': Camilla poses with a pair of makeshift pottery binoculars during visit to bric-a-brac store | Mail Online
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness

A strong possibility for a future pic of the month I think.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

A winner pic for sure

Today, February 13, the Duchess of Cornwall officially opened the exhibition, "Floriculture - Flowers, Love and Money" and met the museum's supporters children from Vauxhall Primary School's Gardening Club at the Garden Museum in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** london-se1.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall visits Garden Museum **

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall