The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,074
Camilla will never go down in history as being one of the world's most beautiful women or one of the best dressed either. I do think that Camilla is a classic example of a woman aging gracefully though. She's the type of woman that what one would call expressive. She has stepped into her role as Charles' wife and royal partner with grace and charm. Her facial expressions are what gives away her easy going inner nature... especially with children. She has a natural knack for making people feel at ease and that is most noticeable when you see Charles and Camilla together. It seems that looking at the two of them, they're smiling and laughing and telling us that all is well in the world.

She's the kind of woman I'd like to meet and share a joke or two with and not one of those women you stand on the sidelines just to admire. I think she's going to make an excellent Queen Consort no matter what she's called.
__________________

__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #882  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
'It's perishing out here!' Caped crusader Camilla wraps up warm as she takes her two rescue Jack Russells on a visit to Battersea Dogs Home
Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall dressed for the elements today in a striking cream cape as she conducted a series of charity engagements. Donning the thick wool cape over her smart working suit, Camilla told Mail Online: ‘I’ve had to give in. It’s perishing out there.’ First on a busy working day was a visit to the world-famous Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, where the Duchess arrived accompanied by her two little rescue dogs. Re-homed by Battersea Dogs and Cats Home with the Duchess of Cornwall, Beth and Bluebell have really hit the jackpot, now enjoying the finest dog food known to man and the run of several palatial estates.
Some really great pictures in the article.
I have to say, Beth and Bluebell are absolutely adorable; I have a sudden urge to adopt Jack Russells as well.

LOVE this quote from the article:
Quote:
Camilla eventually managed to persuade the puppies – 18-month-old Beth and Bluebell, just four and a half months – to follow her into the building and was tickled pink when Beth took a dislike to the waiting pack of royal photographers and began barking loudly. ‘Look how well trained she is,’ the Duchess said with a mischievous grin.
Prince Philip will be proud.
__________________

  #883  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,721
The DM article had great snaps today - even this one which created an odd position with antlers around the Duchess of Cronwall's head: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...02_634x308.jpg

And here is the video from the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Cats-Home.html. I think you can hear Paul O'Grady saying "She's a nice lady." at the very end of the video.


These two events today were lovely and a great choice for the holiday season.
I do want to say that when I ran to the Drugstore today, the first thing that caught my eye was "The Globe Presents...The Curse of Camilla" which is a special edition magazine designed to very specially slam her.

So I stood there in the aisle looking at all the pictures and skimming the text. It was all the usual horse hockey puck type stuff and made me chuckle where that was not intended.
I don't know where all it is being/has been distributed. It was not worth the price in any case.
__________________
  #884  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,827
The Duchess of Cornwall with animals and kids in one day? I don't know if my heart can take it.....
I have to say what really melted my heart to goo was the kids...
They looked as if they were having the time of thier lives, which I am sure was the case....
And the cab made to look like a reindeer.... precious.....
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
  #885  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,595
Lots of pictures from Camilla hosting a Children's Party for the Helen and Douglas House Hospice and London Taxi Driver's Fund for Underprivileged Children

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Children's Party At Clarence House
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #886  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Lots of pictures from Camilla hosting a Children's Party for the Helen and Douglas House Hospice and London Taxi Driver's Fund for Underprivileged Children

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Children's Party At Clarence House
Thanks- precious!
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
  #887  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall with animals and kids in one day? I don't know if my heart can take it.....
I have to say what really melted my heart to goo was the kids...
They looked as if they were having the time of thier lives, which I am sure was the case....
And the cab made to look like a reindeer.... precious.....
The children were just so precious, especially the little boy with the walker. He looked so dapper in his suit and tie .
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #888  
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The children were just so precious, especially the little boy with the walker. He looked so dapper in his suit and tie .
Oh I know, he turned my heart to goo!
He and Prince William should get together and compare notes....
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
  #889  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 AM
AnnEliza's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Camilla will never go down in history as being one of the world's most beautiful women or one of the best dressed either. I do think that Camilla is a classic example of a woman aging gracefully though. She's the type of woman that what one would call expressive. She has stepped into her role as Charles' wife and royal partner with grace and charm. Her facial expressions are what gives away her easy going inner nature... especially with children. She has a natural knack for making people feel at ease and that is most noticeable when you see Charles and Camilla together. It seems that looking at the two of them, they're smiling and laughing and telling us that all is well in the world.

She's the kind of woman I'd like to meet and share a joke or two with and not one of those women you stand on the sidelines just to admire. I think she's going to make an excellent Queen Consort no matter what she's called.
Well said! I also feel like it would be wonderful to sit down to a cup of tea and a chat with her.
__________________
  #890  
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Nico's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,330
Busy day again for the Duchess with a visit to the Southampton General Hospital for the Nos ...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1010...hire/?ref=mmsp

... followed by a visit to the liner "Queen Victoria" to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the ship, christened by Camilla back in 2007 ....

BBC News - Camilla portrait on Queen Victoria liner in Southampton

At this occasion a new portrait by Richard Stone of the Duchess was unveiled, wich is, sadly, simply horrendous :

http://www.cruisetricks.de/wp-conten...d-portrait.jpg
__________________
  #891  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Buzy day again for the Duchess with a visit to the Southampton General Hospital for the Nos ...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1010...hire/?ref=mmsp


At this occasion a new portrait of the Duchess was unveiled, wich is, sadly, simply horrendous :

http://www.cruisetricks.de/wp-conten...d-portrait.jpg
Love what a sweetheart Camilla is with children- 1st article.

Good description!
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
  #892  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
...
At this occasion a new portrait by Richard Stone of the Duchess was unveiled, wich is, sadly, simply horrendous :
http://www.cruisetricks.de/wp-conten...d-portrait.jpg
The hairstyle is familiar and I recognise the jewellery but Mr Stone needs to go to Specsavers if he thinks the lady in the portrait looks anything like the Duchess.
  #893  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The hairstyle is familiar and I recognise the jewellery but Mr Stone needs to go to Specsavers if he things the lady in the portrait looks anything like the Duchess.
Wow - that's awful. In the past Stone has painted much of the royal family and done some beautiful work. See:
Richard Stone, Royal Portrait Painter

However, do scroll back to the Countess of Wessex for his somewhat unsettling take on Sophie. Lovely dress - but that face has a lot going on.
__________________
  #894  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Wow - that's awful. In the past Stone has painted much of the royal family and done some beautiful work. See:
Richard Stone, Royal Portrait Painter

However, do scroll back to the Countess of Wessex for his somewhat unsettling take on Sophie. Lovely dress - but that face has a lot going on.
Can't make up my mind which one is the worst - Camilla's, Sophie's or Charles'.
The others are surprisingly good though, especially the Queen's and the Queen Mother's.
  #895  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,827
The Prince of Wales's is hideous, the Countess of Wessex downright scary. I love the rest except for Camilla's of course.
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
  #896  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Can't make up my mind which one is the worst - Camilla's, Sophie's or Charles'.
The others are surprisingly good though, especially the Queen's and the Queen Mother's.
I thought Andrew's very flat expression was interesting, as well, though I did think Charles' was pretty much as I see him (and not necessarily as he IS )
__________________
  #897  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 72
Wow, that portrait is certainly... interesting.

It's a shame considering the beautiful portrait he did of The Queen Mother. I also really love Andrew's portrait and The Duchess of Gloucester's. Margaret's would have been great if the shading on the face would've been a bit better.
__________________
  #898  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM
padams2359's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 388
There is too much white and grey in the Countess os Wessex's face, and the Queen's nose to too wide. The rest look very nice.
__________________
  #899  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love what a sweetheart Camilla is with children- 1st article.

Good description!
Agree completely. As for the portrait...just a tad in my book.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #900  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Nico's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,330
Video of the Duchess rocking the boat :

__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events 4: Sept 2012 - Feb 2013 Warren Current Events Archive 1797 03-02-2013 08:12 AM
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 485 01-24-2013 05:02 PM
Duchess of Cambridge current events 2: 1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 1905 01-05-2013 07:37 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]