The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, this baby will be surrounded by love and family. I'm sure the baby will know lots of things about his or her late grandmother, The Princess of Wales. I don't think the DM journalist have to make Camilla out to be bad and pump up the commentors.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree, this baby will be surrounded by love and family. I'm sure the baby will know lots of things about his or her late grandmother, The Princess of Wales. I don't think the DM journalist have to make Camilla out to be bad and pump up the commentors.
The DM et al are just getting started. We have plus or minus seven months of this to endure.

One of the US tabs this week had a headline about Camilla being back on the booze. It is relentless, silly and sad.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Exactly. Camilla will be every bit a doting grandmother to William and Kate's baby as she is to her other grandchildren, but it's better to make up a story and get a rise out of people. Daily Fail is just sad in their oh so obvious attempts to rile people up.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The DM et al are just getting started. We have plus or minus seven months of this to endure.

One of the US tabs this week had a headline about Camilla being back on the booze. It is relentless, silly and sad.
I don't understand the point of publishing stuff like that. I know the gutter press wants sensationalism, but this is just a bit much. Why not stick to the trash like the Kardashians and leave the royals alone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Exactly. Camilla will be every bit a doting grandmother to William and Kate's baby as she is to her other grandchildren, but it's better to make up a story and get a rise out of people. Daily Fail is just sad in their oh so obvious attempts to rile people up.
Completely agree here. Camila appears to be a very doting grandma, as well as being absolutely wonderful with kids in general, so the baby will get all the attention and love that he/she needs and deserves.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Majesty

You only have to read who wrote it to know it would be anti-Camilla.

Richard Kay lost his best source of royal news when Diana died as she fed him relentlessly.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah, I know how Richard Kay shape his articles about Camilla sometimes. I just think they need to let it go and I think Diana would want them to let it go as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I only just read the article. I wish I hadn't. That Kay is a nasty piece of work. He needs an new hobby.

Three of my grandparents died before I was born, and the other one died when I was about five. Experience tells me that William and Kate's children will have no emotional connection to Diana at all. She has been dead 15 years now. It's not as though they will even have the connection of knowing she held them as babies or have vague memories of her presence, as I did with my grandmother. Their lives did not intersect at all and she will just be a historical figure to them: a pretty lady they see in photographs and in videos and hear William tell stories about. Sad, but true. It's a fact of life and happens in many families.

Camilla will be a grandmother figure to Charles' grandchildren and since she a warm woman with a great sense of humour and who loves children and gets on well with them, I'm sure William and Kate's children will benefit from the relationship. She has plenty of grandchildren of her own to occupy her time and I cannot imagine that she would try to push in on Carole's territory.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a well thought out and balanced post. Thank you!

As I see it, William and Kate are close to and get along very well with each other's set of parents and everything has seemed to meshed quite comfortably since the wedding. Their child will be grandly doted on by all sets of grandparents. There may be only one person that will top them on the spoiling angle and I think that will be Uncle Harry.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess is at Boxwood - here is some coverage (both are the same story but one has an additional pic):

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/ne...nza_at_Bowood/

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news...nza_at_Bowood/

The Duchess picked up some gifts for the Jack Russells and a few other things. She received some knitted toys. I do love a Christmas fair!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yeah, I know how Richard Kay shape his articles about Camilla sometimes. I just think they need to let it go and I think Diana would want them to let it go as well.
Stupid article. What a transparent effort to stir up trouble. Just trash.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On December 7 the Duchess of Cornwall has been in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, to meet those affected by flood damage.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** insidewiltshire.co.uk: Photos of the Duchess of Cornwall in Malmesbury **

** gazetteandherald.co.uk: Camilla hears Malmesbury flood victims' stories **

And here's a great additional gallery of the Bowood House visit:

** insidewiltshire.co.uk: Photos of the Duchess of Cornwall at Bowood House **
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Believe it or not : the Duchess is ranked number 10 among the celebrities " that are growing old gracefully" by the DM :

Helen Mirren to Joanna Lumley Meet the new WAGs... Women Ageing Gracefully | Mail Online#
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Believe it or not : the Duchess is ranked number 10 among the celebrities " that are growing old gracefully" by the DM :

Helen Mirren to Joanna Lumley Meet the new WAGs... Women Ageing Gracefully | Mail Online#
Is the surprising bit that Camilla is in such a list, or is it tha she is in such a list compiled by the DM?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

The second choice
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I do think Camilla is certainly a contender to be on the list. She is always age appropriately dressed, and has an elegant, classic style.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

and she's got great legs. She should show them off more often. Killer legs
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Well, I do think Camilla is certainly a contender to be on the list. She is always age appropriately dressed, and has an elegant, classic style.
There are times Camilla looks great and times that she looks awful. She looks older than she is. Where are her "killer legs"?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Majesty

I can't think of a single time, since she married Charles, that she has looked awful - some outfits have suited her more than others but she has always looked good.

I love her hats - they are so mmuch a part of her that without those large hats she looks as if her outfit is incomplete.

As for the 'killer legs' that is in the eye of the beholder but I have heard a number of men who have seen her in person, say that they think she has great legs. Not surprising given that she rides so much - riding tends to strengthen the legs and make the look very good.

She looks great - a woman in her mid-60s who has raised a couple of well-adjusted kids and is a grandmother to even more kids.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I can't think of a single time, since she married Charles, that she has looked awful - some outfits have suited her more than others but she has always looked good.
She looks great - a woman in her mid-60s who has raised a couple of well-adjusted kids and is a grandmother to even more kids.
Iluvbertie - I agree and am of the age where even when I don't like how C looks, I am happy for her that she has the sang froid to go for it.

Still, I wish she would finally retire that navy dress with the white cuffs and collar. I'm just tired of it and think she could buy it in 20 other colors if she finds it comfortable. Sage,peach, ecru, purple (she looks great in rich purple), royal blue, not red - not her color, emerald, wedge wood blue (she needs to wear that color - it would be good on her, etc)
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I love her hats - they are so mmuch a part of her that without those large hats she looks as if her outfit is incomplete.

As for the 'killer legs' that is in the eye of the beholder but I have heard a number of men who have seen her in person, say that they think she has great legs. Not surprising given that she rides so much - riding tends to strengthen the legs and make the look very good.

I agree, with one exception. I usually prefer her without the hats, because I like to see her face a little better than some of the hats allow.

Otherwise, occasionally she might be tired, but she always looks good, and she always looks good for her age. IF she has an extra wrinkle (and I don't know that she does), she has been fortunate, talented and energetic enough to be outdoors and active much of her life. Her face has wonderful expression and humour. And her killer legs are exactly where they're supposed to be.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall