The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo! I have tears running down my cheeks. That's one classy lady, and a lot of classy men.

Should be in the voting for the picture of the month, in my opinion. Camilla certainly is a great lady. I don't know if I could look in the eyes of those soldiers. It makes me angry at the same time. Look at those young men who lost their legs. What a crap war is...... :nonono: Sorry.

War is always ugly, Westminster. What makes it bearable are people like teh DoC who remind them that their labors were NOT in vain and will NOT go unnoticed. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I totally agree with you.

By the way, what strikes me always is that she has such a warm attitude. She could be a wonderful Queen.

As much as we love to admire the pomp & majesty of the Royal Family on state occasions, it is ceremonies like this which demonstrate their true value in representing the country. I think the sincerity and commitment of the Duchess shines through in this story. And as for the soldiers, their determination to overcome such horrific injuries is inspiring.

Psst! Westminister, I think Elly C just said it better. ;)

I'm touched by the whole article about the Duchess and the soldiers; but I also must say that her outfit seems to be perfect for riding that scooter!:flowers:

The Duchess sure looks cool on the scooter. Glad she did give up and thought out of the box.:flowers:

Wow, I'm very pleased that despite her illness she still made this public engagement.

Wow, I'm very pleased that despite her illness she still made this public engagement.

What illness does she have?

I know that she has a broken leg but that isn't an illness and doesn't stop a lot of people from doing their jobs (I know it didn't stop me from doing mine of teaching on the second floor of my school with only stairs).

An illness might stop me if I was bedridden but a broken leg - no. Sure it could stop some people working but not all.

A broken body part can be bad, but it mainly just hinders people from doing their usual activity. My brother broke his wrist and he still had to go to school, etc. I'm glad she's out and about. It's good to show the people that regardless of how she feels, she will still put her country first.

What a nice article. And what a great idea to use a scooter to get around.

What illness does she have?....
Well, one can surmise that Camilla has more health issues and is older than you. She tried crutchers and ended up in a wheelchair so I am guessing that it has not been as easy for her as it obviously has been for you.

Not surprisingly we didn't get Camilla's whole health "report" so we are relying on our best guess and her move from crutches to wheelchair gives us a fair indication that there is a little more going on than we thought.

She isn't that much older than me - a couple of years.
I still maintain that a broken leg isn't an illness but an injury.
She used a chair on occasions, a scooter on occasions and has also used crutches, which is the norm to maintain strength in the other leg.

Can you tell me where she moved from crutches to a wheelchair - I have seen photos of her using a chair, crutches and a scooter with moving from the crutches to the scooter to review the troops but using the crutches when with the soldier who was determined to stand for a member of the roya family?

The chair makes sense when trying to getting somewhere on time but do you have a report that she isn't using crutches most of the time? That isn't my understanding.

I still maintain that a broken leg isn't an illness but an injury.
No argument from me there.
She used a chair on occasions, a scooter on occasions and has also used crutches, which is the norm to maintain strength in the other leg.

Can you tell me where she moved from crutches to a wheelchair - I have seen photos of her using a chair, crutches and a scooter with moving from the crutches to the scooter to review the troops but using the crutches when with the soldier who was determined to stand for a member of the roya family?

The chair makes sense when trying to getting somewhere on time but do you have a report that she isn't using crutches most of the time? That isn't my understanding.
Your wheel highness: Two weeks after leg break, Camilla goes from crutches to wheel chair after straining shoulder tendons (but she's still smiling) | Mail Online

Marg I was thinking that myself. Did you know that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's mother died from Osteoporosis? I think her grandmother too. I know the Duchess is very active in her Osteoporosis patronage. I just wonder if Camilla might have the illness. It does run in families. So it my be an injury with side effects from an illness.:flowers:

BINGO! That is exactly what I was thinking. I am hoping that DoC does NOT suffer from that malady!

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall presented medallions to Winston
Churchill Memorial Trust Fellows at a ceremony in the Guildhall,
London, May 21, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Note that the cast is gone.
Camilla looking lovely, as she continues to recycle her clothes from previous trips to Asia and the Middle East.

I can only bow in front of this woman - no matter how recent her adventure is, she's there for her people, as always! And looking lovely once again. I agree. :flowers:

I'm sure she's glad to be rid of the cast.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visited the Storytelling Centre in Edinburgh,
a development centre for live oral storytelling today, June 2nd, 2010.
During that visit Camilla met primary school children who have used the
story-telling facilities at the centre.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Happy to see her walking again... and in the sunshine !

Hé hé hé someone has retrieved her leg, her smile and her style ;)

Good to see the Camilla Chic back ...

I really like pic5 iceflower! Is our Duchess drinking water instead of wine for a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom