The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: February-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Camilla.jpg

Welcome to part 11 of the thread to discuss the Duchess of Cornwall's solo current events.

Part 10 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...15-november-2007-5-february-2008-a-14767.html

Last edited:
Camilla in the cake factory
February 5

It was never going to be her finest sartorial hour.

But the Duchess of Cornwall did her best with the obligatory hygiene uniform when she visited a bakery yesterday.

Camilla in the cake factory | the Daily Mail

( with some very nice pics :))

Camilla in the cake factory
( with some very nice pics :))
How strange, or perhaps not, that they didn't pick the best photos to use in their 'newspaper'.:rolleyes:

How strange, or perhaps not, that they didn't pick the best photos to use in their 'newspaper'.:rolleyes:

WHAT is it with the Mail ? When I looked at the article last night at 10pm US CST there was a nice bland article about Camilla and the bakery with no Bad Hair pictures. This morning Bad Hair pictures. It is as if they change the article and pictures to trigger negative comments. I saw the same switch when she launched the ship.

The link i posted this morning was an article with nice pics! They changed it afterwards to show the ´stormy pics´...:cool: But i think Camilla is a lady who also looks good on a stormy day!:flowers:
________
some more pics from getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Last edited:
The link i posted this morning was an article with nice pics! They changed it afterwards to show the ´stormy pics´...:cool: But i think Camilla is a lady who also looks good on a stormy day!:flowers:
I did wonder if that was what had happened. :flowers: That or the remote possibility that you were feeling 'unwell'. :ROFLMAO: Only joking! :flowers:

Those pictures are funny. Looks likes she was craking up laughing. The shoes are hilarious.

Pics 6.2.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall went to Scotts Restaurant in Mayfair
London, England to meet her children Laura and Tom- 06.02.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Goodness. The Duchess seems to be overdressed for the occasion, if the attire of her children is a guide as to the general dress code for the place. :ROFLMAO: Maybe we are unduly critical of Beatrice.

Thanks for the pics, iceflower. :flowers:

Camilla looks great though. I think she has a warmer hair colour at the moment, thought that could just be the light.

Last edited by a moderator:

:eek:I tend to think that Camilla's children had mistaken-thoroughly-the dresscode!:eek:

Goodness. The Duchess seems to be overdressed for the occasion, if the attire of her children is a guide as to the general dress code for the place. :ROFLMAO: Maybe we are unduly critical of Beatrice.

Tom Parker-Bowles is a food writer/TV-presenter and such an ultra VIP for any top restaurant. He could probably come there in a swimsuit! Laura is the step-daughter of the Prince of Wales, she needs not dress up - and I think she looks quite nice. While Camilla is every inch HRH - as she should be when about town. But I really have to check up Scott's and their menu/chef. Must be quite good if Camilla goes there so often.

Tom Parker-Bowles is a food writer/TV-presenter and such an ultra VIP for any top restaurant. He could probably come there in a swimsuit! Laura is the step-daughter of the Prince of Wales, she needs not dress up (snip)

Yes, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. :bee:

:eek:I tend to think that Camilla's children had mistaken-thoroughly-the dresscode!:eek:
Sadly, Scotts do not have a dress code! :flowers: Although most of the older patrons do 'dress for dinner'.

Sadly, Scotts do not have a dress code! :flowers: Although most of the older patrons do 'dress for dinner'.

I just found that it's still the same Scott's from my first honeymoon - I still remember the Irish oysters with a light champagne vinaigrette, then the lobster bisque and afterwards we had a ragout from king's and queen's scallops in Sauterne sauce, followed by a marvellous lemon pudding. The next day we were invited by Anton Mosimann to have dinner in his club and though this was good as well, I can't really remember what we had except for a Salmon mousse as starter and instead of a pudding I took the Stilton with a glass of Taylor's LBV. And we heard from Anton Mosimann (who is one of the oldest friends of one of our oldest friends, a top chef from Germany) that Charles and Diana had been there the evening before when we had gone to Scott's.... Those were the days, more than 20 years ago... And my first husband died more than 8 years ago... The times, they are a-changing. Well, yes. :flowers:

Last edited:
Pics 7.2.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, visiting The Fan
Museum in Greenwich, London, Britain - 07 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, visiting The Fan Museum in Greenwich, London, Britain - 07 Feb 2008

Thank you for the pictures iceflower. :flowers: You can see how interested Camilla is in the fans and I have to admit some of them are absolutely beautiful. :flowers:

Vielen Dank iceflower!:flowers:Nice to see the private pics from yesterday evening and the official ones from today!

Here are some more pics: (from isifa)

The Duchess of Cornwall visits The Fan Museum, Greenwich
February 7

Fotobanka isifa image service

There is a fan museum.. she did a good job of acting interested..
Why 'acting interested', the variety of fans is enormous and of genuine interest to very many people, including Camilla I would imagine. :)

YUM i love this suit, fabulous with her jewelry, she looks beautiful. i think it looks like good event, the history and language of the fan over the centuries is interesting imo. great photos Thanks!

Pics 12.2.2008

Here are some pics from yesterday:

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Patron of the British Equestrian Federation,
presents the Equestrian Olympic Owners of the Year award at a reception
held by the BEF World Class Programme for owners of candidate horses for
the Beijing 2008 Olympic and Paralympic Games at the Worshipful Company
of Saddlers on February 12, 2008 in London, England

Danke iceflower! You´re the picture- :queen:!!!

The dark velvet suit fits Camilla very well and it´s always nice to see her relaxed and beaming at royal duities.:wub:

Camilla presented Mary King with the British Olympic Association honour during a reception for owners of candidate horses for the Beijing 2008 Olympic and Paralympics Games.

The Press Association: Horsewoman hopes for Beijing gold

Thank you for the pictures iceflower. HRH does look nice in the green. :flowers:
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess presents the Equestrian Olympic Athlete of the Year award
The Duchess of Cornwall today presented an award to one of Britain’s best hopes for equestrian success at the Beijing Olympics this year.
Her Royal Highness, who is Patron of the British Equestrian Federation, presented Mary King with the Equestrian Olympic Athlete of 2007 award during a reception for owners of candidate horses for the Beijing 2008 Olympic and Paralympics Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The deeper colours are flattering to her skin tone. I'm glad she's gone back to the not so platinum hair. This hair colour suits her.

I'm glad she's gone back to the not so platinum hair. This hair colour suits her.

I think the platinum hair was only ´an idea´ of the D....Mail. I haven´t seen a pic of Camilla with this colour apart from the one in the Mail where Mr Kay tried to tell us something about Camilla´s 100th ´make over´....:cool::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom