The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
It's been said before in this thread but I guess its too long to go through, but there was never any confirmation which blonde was on the train with Charles right before the wedding.
I haven't heard that they were dancing passionately or kissing each other right before or in the beginning of his marriage to Diana. Maybe you can get us some more info on that.
This information is from Gyles Brandreth's book published this year. GB has spoken to Royal Family members and friends. He said the woman on the train was Camilla.
As for the passion, these occasions were birthday bashes beginning with Charles' birthday in 11/79 where their dancing was described by a guest as "electric"; the Queen Mother's birthday in the summer of '80 when they spent the entire evening dancing together; 2 more polo balls in the next month or two where they danced all evening, kissing passionately, dance after dance.
In the Dimbleby book, Charles and Camilla both accepted that his marriage would end their affair, but according to Dimbleby, Ch's feelings for Cam "had not changed". During the engagement Ch saw Cam once, to give her the bracelet. Charles told Diana about Camilla and told her he intended to be faithful in their marriage.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
This information is from Gyles Brandreth's book published this year. GB has spoken to Royal Family members and friends. He said the woman on the train was Camilla.
There is no solid evidence to confirm that the woman was Diana, Camilla or anyone else. We are pretty sure that it was a media story only.

Quote:
As for the passion, these occasions were birthday bashes beginning with Charles' birthday in 11/79 where their dancing was described by a guest as "electric"; the Queen Mother's birthday in the summer of '80 when they spent the entire evening dancing together; 2 more polo balls in the next month or two where they danced all evening, kissing passionately, dance after dance.
Now I have stopped laughing, I have to ask where on earth did you read such things? The dancing by EVERYONE could be described as energetic at most hunt balls. As for kissing passionately all evening, that was obviously written by someone who had never even attended such an event.
Who was the guest at all these events?

Old 12-07-2005, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
I never said Diana was a saint. She responded in the wrong way to a philandering husband and a mistress who did not respect the late Princess Of Wale's marriage even before it began. Diana should have sought a divorce right away or better yet an annulment (at least a civil annulment-I don't think those are possible in the C of E-like in the C of R).

My sister did the same thing as Diana in response to a cheating husband-which is one reason this is such a sore point for me. Adultery causes so much pain, and heartache for all involved. :( It is like my sister said about 'the other woman'. 'What did I ever do to her that she would do this to me? I didn't even know her'. The same could be said in regards to Diana and Camilla. Camilla threw the first punch in my estimation. Along with Charles. Diana did not know how to fight back. Her own parents had a horrible marriage record. :(
I feel the same way you do about this whole thing as well. In MY book, you don't mess with a married man or woman, that is sacred ground.
Wouldn't it be ironic to see Charles find a much younger and prettier woman and cheat on Camilla??? Afterall, history does eventually repeat itself, and they do say what comes around eventually goes around.
Camilla and Charles both started the whole thing first, although all of them were all guilty. Tit for Tat never works for anyones benefit.
Camilla was just trying to take after her great great grandmother Alice Kepple, and obviously thought that being a mistress was
totally ok and accepted by everyone.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
Charles' family members and friends were not on the train on the night in question. His valet Stephen Barry and 2 Royal Protection Officers were. Stephen Barry said there was no woman on the train. He also pointed out that Charles is rarely alone, where ever he is (when on duty as in the case of travelling on the Royal train to an engagement) SB was there and also 2 protection officers.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
The thing I think is important to remember are the accounts of how PCharles and PDiana became friends again and were on excellent terms--even planning a trip to Hong Kong together--before her death. He showed up at her apartment in Kensington one day wearing a tie she'd given him and from then on, showed up to chat. His status rose miles in my book when he fought so hard to ensure PDiana was treated with respect after her death and the way he travelled to Paris to collect her body and fly it home.

Again, time lends perspective. There was a lot of good PCharles and PDiana accomplished together--Prince William and Prince Harry are the primary examples. They travelled the world and inspired a lot of goodwill and renewed interest in the British royal family and industries in the UK. The good they did together is not lost.
I agree with all of that! They may not have had the traditional fairy tale happy ever after ending, but they had made peace with each other, and I doubt they had regrets.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowDawn
I feel the same way you do about this whole thing as well. In MY book, you don't mess with a married man or woman, that is sacred ground.
Wouldn't it be ironic to see Charles find a much younger and prettier woman and cheat on Camilla??? Afterall, history does eventually repeat itself, and they do say what comes around eventually goes around.
Camilla and Charles both started the whole thing first, although all of them were all guilty. Tit for Tat never works for anyones benefit.
Camilla was just trying to take after her great great grandmother Alice Kepple, and obviously thought that being a mistress was
They both had affairs and both admitted that it was after they realised that the marriage was over, are you suggesting that they both lied?

Charles seems to go for a woman he can hold a conversation with and who really shares the same interests, rather than a pretty younger type. I should think he would say, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

How do you know what Camilla thought about being a mistress? Are you suggesting that Camilla never loved Charles and only wanted the notoriety of being a mistress, to the husband of woman who was hugely popular but, privately could IMO be very vindictive? That knowing all this, she did it for a laugh?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

As to which affair was worse, Charles' or Diana's, we've ALL been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and none of us likes how it turned out.

Arguing, name-calling, spitefulness, and general unpleasantness for everyone around.

Let's not go there again, shall we?

New members are encouraged to read some of the threads before posting. All of this has been discussed and fought over before.

ysbel
British forums moderator
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowDawn
exactly! was more easy be a mistress that be a royal wife.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
exactly! was more easy be a mistress that be a royal wife.
I am curious, how on earth would any of us know. I think it would have been much harder not being with the man you love. Knowing the terrible time he was having and being unable to help him.
Why would it be easier, in your opinion?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I am curious, how on earth would any of us know. I think it would have been much harder not being with the man you love. Knowing the terrible time he was having and being unable to help him.
Why would it be easier, in your opinion?
whena women married a prince she married with a position, with a duty, with a title and lost so things from her old live. Camilla have a unhappy marriage with andrew, but she not married charles when she can do (in the '70). diana have royal's sons etc ect and many responsabilites. Camilla even was with the man she love, before, during and later charles's marriage.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is the point of debating this. Seriously, someone tell me. It is just a way for people to damn and blame Charles for all the drama. Charles and Diana delt with their differences. They divorced and MOVED ON. They started a new, freindly, and happy relationship. The buried the past and Diana said she would support the Charles marring Camilla. Diana and Charles buried the hatchet and moved on. If they did then everyone else should. There is no reason to continue debating a worthless topic.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
whena women married a prince she married with a position, with a duty, with a title and lost so things from her old live. Camilla have a unhappy marriage with andrew, but she not married charles when she can do (in the '70). diana have royal's sons etc ect and many responsabilites. Camilla even was with the man she love, before, during and later charles's marriage.
So you don't think it might have been painfull for her to watch the man she had loved since the 70's with another woman. This other woman being feted, treated as someone special, doing all the things with him that she wanted to do, bearing his children, visiting foreign countries? That this woman did not appear to make him happy or support him in any way, the things she would have done willingly and without thought because she loved him!
I won't even bother to point out to you that Diana herself later stated that by 1984, her marriage was over and that in 1984, she (it is claimed) was already having affairs.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Courtier

This is really getting pathetic now....

"MII"
Old 12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is. How many times does it have to be said that Diana and Chalres buried the hatchet and moved on. They started a new, friendly, and happy relationship. They let bygones be bygones. Diana wanted Charles and Camilla to wed. People need to see that. There is no reason to debate a topic that wont get anywere. It is worthless and pointless.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
This is really getting pathetic now....

"MII"
I agree. Its time to give this topic a rest. I'm closing the thread for now until the other moderators can review it.

People can't keep themselves from getting into pointless battles no matter how many other members complain. Its unfair to the rest of the community.

ysbel
British forums moderator
Old 12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I agree. Its time to give this topic a rest. I'm closing the thread for now until the other moderators can review it.

People can't keep themselves from getting into pointless battles no matter how many other members complain. Its unfair to the rest of the community.

ysbel
British forums moderator
I agree. We've done our best to keep this thread civil, but it's turning into the same sort of train wreck that caused the other one to be closed. Some of the posters here need to start being considerate of the rest of the membership.

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships