Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte1 said:
Neither Queen Victoria's letters or extensive diaries were destroyed, they've been published... She would write daily to her daughter Victoria and underline words for emphasis.
Queen Victoria's diaries were extensively edited by her daughter Princess Beatrice, and much was destroyed.

For real emphasis, the Queen would double and occasionally triple underline!

Queen Mary I said:
Their betrayal of Diana and some people's 'so what-she had affairs too' attitude about it is what disturbs me. This is imo but I think Charles knows in his heart who betrayed who first.:/

None of us know that Diana did not betray Charles first, what we do know is that far from being the loving wife, Diana objected to Charles continuing with his commitments. She failed to understand that he couldn't just phone and cancel his arrangements because she didn't want to be on her own.
How would someone cope with the constant self harming that Diana admitted to? How would anyone have coped with a hysterical woman throwing herself and her unborn child down the stairs. You are left with wondering if she had aborted the child (William), was this for sympathy from Charles or the public?
Most men that I know would have been off, away from such a disturbed woman.
Charles probably feels sorry and guilty for being unable to cope with such a demanding person but, that's all, IMO

It might be best to tone it down a bit.

Warren

Thank you Warren. It very frustrating to read this particular thread with all the rumours that are stated as fact. There are just too many too list! As much as I adored Diana, she is in fact dead, and life has moved on. I too had wished that her papers were readily available..but lets face it..when you are 36 you think you have a couple of more years whereas Margaret knew that she time was short.

If you are pro Camilla/anti Diana or pro Diana/anti Camilla...you have already made up your mind and nothing is going to change it. Let's move on..the only people who truly knew what went on in this triangle are Charles/Camilla/Diana. Only God can judge them.

Correction to my last post

sorry..i meant that I wish Diana's papers were not readily available.

I doubt there is anything new to learn about Diana's thoughts. She cooperated with many writers and journalists over the years and is practically an industry in the number of books written about her life. I think people are done with that.

It's time to let the Princess rest in peace. Life is for the living.

Zonk1189 said:
It very frustrating to read this particular thread with all the rumours that are stated as fact.

Exactly the way most Charles and/or Camilla supporters feel.:)

Zonk1189 said:
sorry..i meant that I wish Diana's papers were not readily available.

So do I Zonk, but Diana made a conscious choice when she taped the interviews for Andrew Morton's book and did the Panorama interview.

Although I am sickened by all her associates that are selling books about her private life, I know exactly what their reasoning is. If she was willing to open the details of her private life to gain an advantageous position in an eventual separation and divorce, then they feel perfectly justified releasing her private details to satisfy their own agendas whether it is money, notoriety, or both.

Make no mistake, I find their actions abhorent and disgusting but that's also the reason I believe so strongly that it is never wise to release the intimate details about your personal problems to the general public. In doing so, Diana effectively lost control over how much of her life remained private.

Ysbel..I totally agree. I think there is a saying...once you let the genie out of the box..its hard to get her back in. And that totally applies in Diana's case. Its also frutrating for the so called "Diana experts" (i.e Paul Burrell, the faith healer, the lovers, etc) to talk about events they don't have intimate knowledge of. For example, Oliver Hoare...has he ever written a book? Yet, many claim to know every detail about his relationship with her. Either way, I think its shabby to write about someone who is dead and cant defend themselves. And I say this just not because of Diana but because of JFK, RFK, Marilyn Monroe, etc. Who continously sell 20, 30, 40 years after their deaths.

Queen Mary I said:
Charles and Milla sowed their wild oats young. It does not make them better than Diana.

Anyone who thinks it will be left in the past is dreaming. This 'hexagon' as you prefer to call it will have books written about it long after we are gone. That's just the facts. If historians were more 'grown up' they wouldn't have written about Mary, Queen Of Scots affairs, Elizabeth I's and so on. It's human nature to hash over historical figures and their romantic messes. Diana is part of British history now. Get used to it folks.

Amen!! And nothing any of Charles and Camilla's supporters do can erase that fact.

tiaraprin, where have you been? You've missed a lot. :)

tiaraprin said:
Amen!! And nothing any of Charles and Camilla's supporters do can erase that fact.
It may be timely, before we get too carried away, to point out that Mary Queen of Scots, Mary I and Elizabeth were all Monarchs, whereas Diana was not. Some historical perspective is required.

tiaraprin said:

It seems that it is only the remaining Diana fans, that give her any thought. I don't sit here thinking about Diana every moment of my day. I, like very many people don't see Camilla and think Diana.
She was IMO a very flawed individual best consigned to the history books.

Exactly Skydragon. Although Diana may be the talk of the town now, she'll be recorded in the footnotes of history as an ex-wife of a future King whereas Charles and Camilla will be recorded as a King and Queen - and thats the measure of it.

Time will tell what Diana's place in history will be. Its too soon now.

Is it? I don't think it is at all. Diana is in a similar position Anne Boleyn. A dead ex-wife of a King. We remember Anne Boleyn, but she's hardly up there with the great British legends is she? When it comes to the list of monarchs, Diana won't even get a mention and nor will Camilla - Charles will be the one history will remember and thats how it should be.

BeatrixFan said:
We remember Anne Boleyn, but she's hardly up there with the great British legends is she?
Oh I think she is- the great British legendary quadrangle of Henry VIII, Queen Katherine, Anne Boleyn and the Pope. People are still writing books about her.

Yes but people now don't scream in defence of Queen Katherine do they? Calling Anne Boleyn nasty names and putting Katherine's image on ceramics? They may have hailed her as a saint in her time, but the passion wears off and it will do with Charles, Camilla and Diana. And remember, Anne was a Queen - Diana wasn't. I think you get the gist of what I'm saying - People are already resigning her to the past - not everyone, but most people are. it's only the Biography Channel and Paul Burrell keeping her fresh in the media.

ysbel said:
Although I am sickened by all her associates that are selling books about her private life, I know exactly what their reasoning is. If she was willing to open the details of her private life... then they feel perfectly justified releasing her private details to satisfy their own agendas.
But don't you think this would have happened anyway? Imagine if she had said nothing, and we were all surprised to hear John Major announcing the separation, then 3 years of no comment, then the divorce and her death. People would be speculating like mad, and the book writers would be writing their books anyway. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they're writing their accounts of her- she's fascinating, and each different view of her from people who knew her as a child or adult adds to the interest. IMO she wouldn't mind all this coming out, she wasn't a private person, and may even have been pleased to know people were still paying her attention- that she was still "a star".

Skydragon said:
It seems that it is only the remaining Diana fans, that give her any thought. I don't sit here thinking about Diana every moment of my day. I, like very many people don't see Camilla and think Diana.
She was IMO a very flawed individual best consigned to the history books.

And Camilla is not flawed?? The flaws are endless!

A woman who has spent her life living up to her great grandmother's infamous legacy and getting lucky by marrying the POW? Gee, that is something I want to emulate--NOT!!

Last edited:
ysbel said:
tiaraprin, where have you been? You've missed a lot. :)

My computer needed to be fixed. I am sure however, that many did not miss me:cool:

I believe that she left those interview tapes to be shown. She wasn't that naive. She apparantly knew that she was going to die (I don't believe in a conspiracy theory but hear me out). If she knew she was going to be killed then wouldn't she want to leave her mark? And she did. By recording a series of interviews that she knew would be aired at some point, she could say what she liked and feel no come back. The only one they could hurt would be Charles - unfortunately, she didn't seem to realise that it would hurt her sons too.

And Camilla is not flawed?? The flaws are endless!

Aren't we all flawed in some way? I didn't realise Diana was born of the second immaculate conception.

BeatrixFan said:
Aren't we all flawed in some way? I didn't realise Diana was born of the second immaculate conception.

Diana had flaws just like everyone else. At least she tried to have an honest marriage before she sinned. Camilla just wanted to be Alice Keppel all over again.

At least she tried to have an honest marriage before she sinned.

We don't know that. Only Charles and Diana know that.

Camilla just wanted to be Alice Keppel all over again.

I doubt she was spurned on by the idea of creating a family tradition of being a Royal Mistress.

BeatrixFan said:
Yes but people now don't scream in defence of Queen Katherine do they? Calling Anne Boleyn nasty names and putting Katherine's image on ceramics? They may have hailed her as a saint in her time, but the passion wears off ...
Maybe, but it lies close under the surface, and that passion could be whipped up again (probably on both sides). You underestimate the power of these stories that resonate with our lives, they become myths, they don't go away. As for her not being Queen, neither was that timeless icon Lady Godiva-- can't you just see Diana riding naked through the streets, the crowds cheering, to force her husband to lower taxes ( so to speak).

Sam has a point there.

In the end all of them were to blame....and the only ones really left scarred were William and Harry.

Harry even more so..

When people are put on pedestals, the flaws in them are then very hard to see..

Diana and Charles have equal blame in many respects for the breakdown of their marriage.

Maybe when Diana was younger her parents could have gotten her help for the emotional toll she went through regarding her parents' nasty divorce and custody battle.

But then, Charles could have also realized his bride WAS only 19 and did need support directly from him early on.

BeatrixFan said:
I doubt she was spurned on by the idea of creating a family tradition of being a Royal Mistress.

Sure she wasn't:cool: Upon meeting Prince Charles for the first time she has been widely quoted as propositioning him on the premise of their great grandparents' indiscretions. Gee, that is the way I would greet the Prince of Wales for the first time--NOT!

Maybe, but it lies close under the surface, and that passion could be whipped up again
Really? All these years after? I know I couldn't give two hoots.

C'mon...Camilla knew EXACTLY what she was getting into once she agreed to rekindle their affair.. ;)

I hardly think anyone having an affair with either the prince or princess could hardly not be aware of the ramifications once the affair was made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom