Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They love their father and their mother

Do we know that? Do we know what they feel at all? How do we know that they didn't rebel against their father for marrying Camilla? How do we know that they didn't reject their mother when they saw the interviews she gave on TV. (Not then, Now). The only way we know what they feel is when they tell us and we can't take anything for granted.

tiaraprin said:
William and Harry are in a much different position than any of us are. They love their father and their mother. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and what they are tolerating and truly feeling about it all. The famous "stiff upper lip" may be on display. We don't know how happy they truly are and how much of it is to bolster their father.

That may be true tiaraprin, however, I have known children that never accepted the second wife (or husband).

Charles, William, and Harry are very close. I have a sense that William and Harry could have scuttled Charles' plans for remarriage if they had felt strongly enough.

I may be wrong but I daresay Charles will not let Camilla or any other woman come between him and his sons.

I have no doubt Princes William and Harry are extremely fond of Camilla and have grown to accept her as an important part of their father's life. To lose a parent at such a young age, with the constant public obsession with her life, is not easy for any child, never mind two young men who are so close to the British throne.

They have to get on with it and that means moving on with their own lives, while accepting their father has the right to live his with happiness.

ysbel said:
Charles, William, and Harry are very close. I have a sense that William and Harry could have scuttled Charles' plans for remarriage if they had felt strongly enough.

Charles would never have married Camilla without the acceptance of Princes William and Harry. Also, The Queen would not have consented to the marriage if she felt the boys would be offended by it.

Diana did cheat as well that is true. The entire marriage was a disaster. Charles never really loved Diana and Diana couldn't live with that. She learned very quickly that her idea of what would happen was completely off. Many people are to blame for various reasons, I am not vindicating Diana but she and her sons took most of the emotional toll of what happened.

I think Camilla and Charles belong together and are happy. But I hope that someday Camilla and Charles really realize what they did to themselves, Diana and most importantly Will and Harry. Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.

Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.

What do you want? Blood?

RoseMary said:
Diana did cheat as well that is true. The entire marriage was a disaster. Charles never really loved Diana and Diana couldn't live with that. She learned very quickly that her idea of what would happen was completely off. Many people are to blame for various reasons, I am not vindicating Diana but she and her sons took most of the emotional toll of what happened.

I think Camilla and Charles belong together and are happy. But I hope that someday Camilla and Charles really realize what they did to themselves, Diana and most importantly Will and Harry. Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.
All I have to do is think of the things I believed that men said when I was 19 to be a little more on Diana's side.

RoseMary said:
The entire marriage was a disaster.

Truer words were never spoken RoseMary.

dakodas said:
All I have to do is think of the things I believed that men said when I was 19 to be a little more on Diana's side.

I was 18 and a year younger than Diana and I certainly didn't believe the hype about the marriage of the century and I didn't know anything about Camilla at the time. It still looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

A lot of 19 year olds do have brains although the way they act its hard for us older folks to believe it sometimes. ;)

ysbel said:
I was 18 and a year younger than Diana and I certainly didn't believe the hype about the marriage of the century and I didn't know anything about Camilla at the time. It still looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

A lot of 19 year olds do have brains although the way they act its hard for us older folks to believe it sometimes. ;)
Mayhap you were a tad more streetwise than those of us who attended Swiss finishing schools.

dakodas said:
Mayhap you were a tad more streetwise than those of us who attended Swiss finishing schools.

Not really, I was just influenced by the girls I was around. Charles was not the type of man that us younger women were attracted to. We did see a couple of girls who dated and married much older men but the guys had a lot of charisma and the girls were very outgoing socially and a bit less naive than the rest of us.

Charles and Diana didn't seem to fit that picture. He always dated older women and Diana seemed to have no history with boys at all-not even an innocent highschool romance with just a peck on the cheek. So it was a strange pairing.

ysbel said:
Not really, I was just influenced by the girls I was around. Charles was not the type of man that us younger women were attracted to. We did see a couple of girls who dated and married much older men but the guys had a lot of charisma and the girls were very outgoing socially and a bit less naive than the rest of us.

Charles and Diana didn't seem to fit that picture. He always dated older women and Diana seemed to have no history with boys at all-not even an innocent highschool romance with just a peck on the cheek. So it was a strange pairing.
Not for a man who was supposed to marry a virgin.

RoseMary said:

That was beautifully said! Yes, one prayer everyone recites together during a blessing ceremony is not enough penance for what they did. Diana paid with her life. She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.

dakodas said:
Not for a man who was supposed to marry a virgin.

That is true dakodas. How many lives were ruined in service of the search for a virgin bride for Charles I don't want to even think about. It was totally unrealistic to expect Charles after several relationships with women to have a decent marriage with someone almost half his age who really didn't understand what an intimate relationship with a man was all about.

I don't believe he brought Camilla as a lover into the marriage but I wish he would have stood up to his parents and said no. However, given the fact that his mother was still obeying his grandmother when she was middle aged and had grown children, he didn't have good role models for standing up to unrealistic demands.

Diana knew that she was getting into an unfamiliar situation and could have said no too but she was fleeing an unhappy family situation. I just wish both of them could have had the strength to say no and being 19 versus 33 really didn't make a difference in this case.

tiaraprin said:
She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.

In the end, Diana paid the price for not having enough security and trusting in Dodi al-Fayed and his staff for her safety that night in Paris. Its terribly unfair I agree but that is the real and only reason she is no longer with us.

ysbel said:
In the end, Diana paid the price for not having enough security and trusting in Dodi al-Fayed and his staff for her safety that night in Paris. Its terribly unfair I agree but that is the real and only reason she is no longer with us.
I agree. We have a tunnel between DC and Virginia that looks very much like the tunnel in Paris. After Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon, our taxi driver was speeding through it while on a very animated conversation on his cell phone. My husband who is NOT interested in "royal" matters remarked on the similarities in way the tunnels looked. An accident easily could have happened even though he was not mixing alcohol and antidepressants (I hope!):rolleyes:

dakodas said:
I agree. We have a tunnel between DC and Virginia that looks very much like the tunnel in Paris. After Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon, our taxi driver was speeding through it while on a very animated conversation on his cell phone. My husband who is NOT interested in "royal" matters remarked on the similarities in way the tunnels looked. An accident easily could have happened even though he was not mixing alcohol and antidepressants (I hope!):rolleyes:

Wow, that's scary, dakodas! I'm glad you made it home safe!

ysbel said:
Wow, that's scary, dakodas! I'm glad you made it home safe!
I know! He was so into his phone call he asked us 3 times for the address-just an intersection!

tiaraprin said:
one prayer everyone recites together during a blessing ceremony is not enough penance for what they did. Diana paid with her life. She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.
So what it comes down to is that Charles and Camilla are responsibile for Diana being smashed up in a Paris car tunnel, and now they have to pay? It's all about revenge?

Warren said:
So what it comes down to is that Charles and Camilla are responsibile for Diana being smashed up in a Paris car tunnel, and now they have to pay? It's all about revenge?
Yes! Weren't you paying attention?:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

ysbel said:
I don't believe he brought Camilla as a lover into the marriage but I wish he would have stood up to his parents and said no. However, given the fact that his mother was still obeying his grandmother when she was middle aged and had grown children, he didn't have good role models for standing up to unrealistic demands.

Many reasons for Camilla and Charles did not get married at the first place. Queen Mother and Lord Mountbatten certainly would resist this idea because of Camilla's colourful past. Camilla probably did not want to lose her freedom in marrying Charles and still wanted to marry Andrew PB. Charles also had his idea about marrying a woman to be his ideal wife and ideal future Queen. Their love was not strong to marry at 1973 but their love did not die after Camilla's marriage either. Camilla is ready for marriage and she cannot wait for Charles to risk the best time to get married. Life is not perfect.

There is no guarantee that a marriage between C & C when they were young would have been a happy or a lasting union. So to wish for them to have married each other instead of marrying their original spouses makes no sense. The tragedy is that they did not honor their individual marriage vows. If they realized their original marriages were mistakes they could not live with, they should have taken the only honorable way out, namely to admit the mistake and get a divorce before getting involved with each other again.

RoseMary said:
Most of the emotional toll on William and Harry, was brought about by Diana co-writing the Morton book, The emotional toll on Diana must have been hard, trying to keep the public from finding out she had been unfaithful. We don't know that Charles didn't love Diana, perhaps it was more that he couldn't cope with all her emotional problems.

Last edited:
branchg said:
I have no doubt Princes William and Harry are extremely fond of Camilla and have grown to accept her as an important part of their father's life. To lose a parent at such a young age, with the constant public obsession with her life, is not easy for any child, never mind two young men who are so close to the British throne.

Of the many things Harry said on his birthday interview, one was that Camilla is wonderful. He could have found 100's of different ways to answer the question or indeed have refused to allow the question in the first place.

Not all step-children hate the new parent, some are mature and loving enough to accept that they cannot decide who their parents love. I think Camilla and the boys get on really well and have for years. It is only the media and Diana fans that say it is all an act. The media for the chance to fill a gap and the Diana fan's because they can't accept that Camilla is the much loved wife of Prince Charles and a wonderful friend and step-mother to his children.

grevinnan said:
There is no guarantee that a marriage between C & C when they were young would have been a happy or a lasting union.

You're right grevinnan. But at least Charles could have said no to the union with Diana. And so could have Diana.

And yes, they should have not waited 14 years to get a divorce. I don't know what happened there unless it was pressure from the Royal Family to stick together. If so, that was wrong.

Diana paid with her life. She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.

Diana died in a car crash - it wasn't as a result of her divorce, her affairs or anything else. It was an accident. Are you saying that you wanted Charles and Camilla to be in that car instead of Diana? Warren put it perfectly. Charles and Camilla can never be happy because they are alive and Diana isn't? They should take to the black and remain depressed and lonely till the end of their days because his ex-wife died?

BeatrixFan said:
Diana died in a car crash - it wasn't as a result of her divorce, her affairs or anything else. It was an accident. Are you saying that you wanted Charles and Camilla to be in that car instead of Diana? Warren put it perfectly. Charles and Camilla can never be happy because they are alive and Diana isn't? They should take to the black and remain depressed and lonely till the end of their days because his ex-wife died?

How true BeatrixFan! Though I liked the was that Ozzy Osbourne said it best:

"It's his business you know. His first wife got killed so what's he expected to do, be single for the rest of his life?

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/osbourne%20defends%20prince%20charles%20marriage%20plans

LOL - I never thought Ozzy Osbourne could be quoted when discussing Royalty but today, I've been proved wrong.

dakodas said:

Most of the girls I know who attended finishing school, are very down to earth and 'aware', so much so, they could make a rugby player blush!:) .

BeatrixFan said:

Diana paid with her life for any sins she may have committed. Charles and Camilla got off scot free for theirs. That is not fair in the scheme of life. While I know life is not fair, this one instance makes my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom