The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, she was rather young back then!
Yes, the downside or double-edged sword of dying in your prime. She is remembered for her beauty, good works, and all the negative stuff. Frozen in time, and in people's minds. We never did get to see a proper reconciliation, or a happy ending outside of the marriage. Who knows how Diana would have matured and moved on from the preceding ugliness. Maybe she would have admitted that saying Charles didn't want to be King in the Panorama interview was a mistake. One would hope so, but we'll never know. Whatever, at least we have evidence that she and Charles were moving to a more mature relationship as time went on, and that's reassuring, and maybe enough.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 PM

True Warren. She's immortalised just as James Dean and Marylin Monroe are. I remember saying to a Marylin fan that I thought Marylin was a lesbian, based on a daliance with Joan Crawford - I almost lost my eyes.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Not as a dancer, but as an actress or other type of performing artist.
That's what I meant, lots of these kids go to RADA. Would she have had the discipline to rehearse and then perform the same thing over and over? I can't see her being happy with a bit part in Eastenders or any production where she wasn't the 'star'.:)
Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
That's what I meant, lots of these kids go to RADA
RADA training means nothing anymore sadly. I have at least 15 pals who are brilliant performers, 6 of whom went to RADA and have only had the odd commercial. Diana wouldn't have needed talent - she'd be a singing dancing Princess but in the grand league of actresses, she wouldn't be much IMO.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Yes, the downside or double-edged sword of dying in your prime. She is remembered for her beauty, good works, and all the negative stuff. Frozen in time, and in people's minds. We never did get to see a proper reconciliation, or a happy ending outside of the marriage. Who knows how Diana would have matured and moved on from the preceding ugliness. Maybe she would have admitted that saying Charles didn't want to be King in the Panorama interview was a mistake. One would hope so, but we'll never know. Whatever, at least we have evidence that she and Charles were moving to a more mature relationship as time went on, and that's reassuring, and maybe enough.
yeah, is very true, we'll never know. may be charles and diana have a good relationship, for them and for the boys. diana (if she would alive may be happy with charles marriage), but is imposible know, all is speculation.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
RADA training means nothing anymore sadly. I have at least 15 pals who are brilliant performers, 6 of whom went to RADA and have only had the odd commercial. Diana wouldn't have needed talent - she'd be a singing dancing Princess but in the grand league of actresses, she wouldn't be much IMO.
Fergie wasn't much good at acting but, didn't she do commercials in America?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Fergie wasn't much good at acting but, didn't she do commercials in America?
Yes, she did commercials for a cranberry juice company and Weight Watchers.

Caroline
Old 12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda
Yes, she did commercials for a cranberry juice company and Weight Watchers.

Caroline
Thanks for that Caroline mathilda!:)
Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Also, Charles and Diana, whatever happened after the divorce had she lived, would still have had that unbreakable link, their sons. There seems to be no evidence of major disagreement between them of their upbringing, and maybe this is the one thing in which they were united.

They would both have been justifiably proud at the overall success of their raising of the boys, and would have shared that pride. This would always have been their bond.
yes, william and hary ever will be sons of CHARLES AND DIANA and nothing more about this, both have things of both parents. and they are like are for the mother and the father. thae are very close to the diana when are kids, later diana's death they know a ''new father''. they learned much of their parents.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana and Charles already were on good terms before she died. They agreed on what was best for raising their kids and they were both excellent parents together. Diana would have matured and I think she already did a little after the divorce. After the Queen ordered a Divorce and she lost her Royal Status I think that shock matured her. She could not get everything she wanted and I think she realised what was really importent to her and what she actually wanted. I remember her brother saying that when the Queen offered the HRH to Diana after she died the Earl denied it saying Diana would not have wanted it. Diana wanted Charles to get married. She knew that made him happy and she wanted him happy. She wished that Charles would make an honest women out of Camilla when they divorced. I think Charles and Diana would have been close friends and good parents. Remember, Diana and Camilla were friends in the first years of the marriage. They liked each other for a reason and I think after maturing and reconcilation they would have become friends somewhat.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

diana and camilla are friends? I know that lunch together one time before diana's wedding but I dont's know if was friends, i don't think so.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

They were acquiantences and on affable terms. They werent close friends but they got a long and did things together.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

mmm I don't know. never read nothing about this.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
They were acquiantences and on affable terms. They werent close friends but they got a long and did things together.
I believe that Camilla offered Diana genuine friendship but, I dont think the age difference would have enabled them to be close friends.:)
Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I believe that Camilla offered Diana genuine friendship but, I dont think the age difference would have enabled them to be close friends.:)
camilla offered friendhip to the wife of the man she love? ha ha ha funny!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Corazon, do you have something substantive to say, or are you just going to ridicule other people's posts?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

no, only for my is a funny thing that a women want be close friend of another women that is the wife of the man she love. only I think that is rare.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

She did not want to be close friends. Just friends. Camilla is a very freindly person who like to interact and make friendships. She loved Charles yes, but loveing someone doesnt mean haveing a sexual relationship. And Corazon, be a bit more openminded. Its obvious you dont look at anything besides the tragic Di. Diana was always miserable and Charles caused it. Be a bit more open minded and realistic and dont make fun of other peoples post. This thread needs to be intellectual not childesh otherwise its useless.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

you can be sure that my maind is VERY open. camilla lunch with diana one time, before the wedding m(camilla invited to diana when diana move on to buckingham palace) and was the unique time.
And I speak MANY times about diana defects. for camilla diana heve to be like andrew (andrew parker bowel still is charles's friend) but diana was 19 years old and was some inmadure. but camilla never can controlate diana and diana NEVER want be camilla's friend.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

one more thing, may be you're right and in the time of charles's wedding not have a relationship sexual, but the LOVE not ever is sexuality and then was in love EVER, with sex or not, the love ever was the same.

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships