The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:39 PM

Diana had it easy where the boys were concerned. It was Charles who had to deal with the pot, the nazi uniform, the girlfriends, the thumping of photographers.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I agree. She was never happier than when she was the center of attention when it came to the press. Furthermore, for someone who had so much, she was incredibly miserable. I believe it speaks of a lack of gratefulness on her part.

The thing that really bugged me about Diana was she didn't seem to appreciate all she DID have. The girl had everything! More than the rest of us will ever have. Great looks, wonderful, healthy kids, a huge amount of money, an extravagant lifestyle, nannies, world adoration, people who really wanted to be her friend, access to everything from celebrities to energy healers. So ONE guy didn't love her. IT HAPPENS! Appreciate all the fabulous things you were given in life and be content with it. Be grateful!

I have to say I agree with your take on things:)

Old 11-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Courtier

Not if your going around in circles and not progressing within the conversation. No, its not as bad as syaing it outright because one keeps it to themsleves so as to not cause anyone else any offence. Now, I could and am so, so , so very close to to letting a very truthful and confronting post fly about Camilla, but as it shall get me no where and shall only cause further unrust amongst fellow contributors what is the point? Where does it get you or I? In a heated discussion. you thinking your right, me thinking that I am??

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 PM

Personally, I think its a shame that there isn't a board where this Diana, Charles and Camilla can be fought out, four letter words and all. It'd give everyone a chance to get it out of their system once and for all.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Whats the point of a discussion board where people keep their opinions to themselves? Surely that removes the discussion element?
Thats true, but you would have to be one of the most repetative posters I have come to post with and you really do bring nothing new to a discussion. So if your only repeating what you have already stated, where is the real discussion element?

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Diana had it easy where the boys were concerned. It was Charles who had to deal with the pot, the nazi uniform, the girlfriends, the thumping of photographers.
the drougs, the alchold......but harry continues with the alcohol.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Thats true, but you would have to be one of the most repetative posters I have come to post with and you really do bring nothing new to a discussion
Thankyou dear. That's very sweet of you to say so.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It wasn't really the press that gave her 'adulation', they just used her pictures to sell papers, which, in my opinion, she exploited. It's a bit like brainwashing, with so many pictures about, a lot of people fell for the hype. On the morning of her death the Guardian was running a story about her lack of intelligence and the way she contacted them to let them know her 'secret' location.

Diana opened the floodgates and threw the first stone by allowing the Morton book and encouraging her 'friends' to release her version to the press.

I don't know what accusations you want stopped but, I feel that as this is a forum, we are all entitled to put forward our own interpretation of history and the facts as we know them.
Oh please...I don't sit here and verbally trash Charles and Camilla to the extent some do to Diana on here.

In fact as I have pointed out several times, NONE OF THEM ARE INNOCENT IN ANY OF THIS.

This is not my interpretation so much as the fact I do not intend to beatify Diana as the same you need to realize Charles and Camilla did not come up smelling like roses either, my dear.

You are right, this is an open forum to post opinions, but I will be damned if I see such ridiculous and callous postings not answered with a touch of reality and fact.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

the material things are important in the life but not are ALL, if you only want material things, and be happy with that will die alone and sad, because the material things ot said: ''i love you'', ''i am with you'' etc etc, one person can have many many many material's things and not have nothing.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
With all due fairness, Diana had it "easy" as they were still boys when she died. Charles had to continue on as a single parent dealing with all the normal growing pains of two teenagers growing into adulthood.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Why are we insulting each other here?

It's all so silly. People are not their posts. I've learned something from almost everyone here in one thread or another.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
skydragon, I have a quetiosn very simply for you. if diana was so bad like you said and charles is a good person, because he married her? he not have a weapon in his her for say ''i will'' in the church in 1981
If you read any of my posts, you will see that I have never said that Charles was totally innocent. I believe that he gave up and married the woman he was told to marry. My arguement has always been that she mis-sold herself to him.
She hated dogs and was terrified of horses, both of which Charles loved.
She hated the country and loved London whereas he hated the town and loved the country.
He loved Scotland, she hated it.
He loved reading, she loved programmes like Eastenders.
She loved any publicity, Charles loved his privacy.
I think he thought he could make a go of it, but Diana, as was shown by her subsequent affairs, was unable to sustain a relationship with anyone at that time.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Quote:
the material things ot said: ''i love you'', ''i am with you'' etc etc
After several glasses of gin, material things definately do say "I love you". And I may die alone and sad but I'll have the best walk-in-wardrobe in town.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I agree. She was never happier than when she was the center of attention when it came to the press. Furthermore, for someone who had so much, she was incredibly miserable. I believe it speaks of a lack of gratefulness on her part.

The thing that really bugged me about Diana was she didn't seem to appreciate all she DID have. The girl had everything! More than the rest of us will ever have. Great looks, wonderful, healthy kids, a huge amount of money, an extravagant lifestyle, nannies, world adoration, people who really wanted to be her friend, access to everything from celebrities to energy healers. So ONE guy didn't love her. IT HAPPENS! Appreciate all the fabulous things you were given in life and be content with it. Be grateful!

If ONE GUY can cause you to have such misery, with sharp mood swings, feelings of loneliness, boredom and emptiness and impulsive behavior such as binge eating and self-mutilation -- and you still have this chronically and persistently YEARS after the divorce and years after you have had a few nice love affairs yourself, (the doctor, the Squidgie guy, Hewitt, her body guard, Dodi)... well then I do think you have some mental problems.

It makes my brain hurt with all the things she had. I read a book briefly called "The Princess and the Duchess" and it described in detail the luxurious things that Diana and Fergie could indulge in. When I work at my little icky job stocking produce and dealing with one irate customer after another it burns that Diana could possibly want more of anything. Seriously top position in society, security, and two healthy kids. I don't think she ever learned how to appreciate things .
You can have everything and still feel worthless and depressed and have mood swings.

Why don't you stop and think for a moment why she behaved instead of complaing in jealousy about yourself compared to her.

I am not rich either but I am not about to go off the screaming and crying that someone has more than me.

She had mental problems that were not dealt with properly. I would say depression...now we call it bipolar disorder. A lot of her misery stems from her messy childhood, parents' divorce, etc.

Her emotional problems were never dealt with in a proper and medical manner.

Use a little sense...and you can see the truth...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If you read any of my posts, you will see that I have never said that Charles was totally innocent. I believe that he gave up and married the woman he was told to marry. My arguement has always been that she mis-sold herself to him.
She hated dogs and was terrified of horses, both of which Charles loved.
She hated the country and loved London whereas he hated the town and loved the country.
He loved Scotland, she hated it.
He loved reading, she loved programmes like Eastenders.
She loved any publicity, Charles loved his privacy.
I think he thought he could make a go of it, but Diana, as was shown by her subsequent affairs, was unable to sustain a relationship with anyone at that time.
is that was true, was very diferents person, why are married? charles was dumb for said ''NO'',, I dont want marry?
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thankyou dear. That's very sweet of you to say so.
You're welcome doll...

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
You can have everything and still feel worthless and depressed and have mood swings.

Why don't you stop and think for a moment why she behaved instead of complaing in jealousy about yourself compared to her.

I am not rich either but I am not about to go off the screaming and crying that someone has more than me.

She had mental problems that were not dealt with properly. I would say depression...now we call it bi-polar. A lot of her misery stems from her messy childhood, parents' divorce, etc.

Her emotional problems were never dealt with in a proper and medical manner.

Use a little sense...and you can see the truth...
true, for charles was more easy ''diana is crazy'' than try to help her.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
After several glasses of gin, material things definately do say "I love you". And I may die alone and sad but I'll have the best walk-in-wardrobe in town.
Darling, you better not!

Although it is now cocktail hour in Chicago...so that sounds good...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh please...I don't sit here and verbally trash
I do not intend to beatify Diana as the same you need to realize Charles and Camilla are did not come up smelling like roses either, my dear.
You are right, this is an open forum to post opinions, but I will be damned if I see such ridiculous and callous postings not answered with a touch of reality and fact.
I post the facts as I see them as do others, deary
Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Darling, you better not!

Although it is now cocktail hour in Chicago...so that sounds good...
Gin sounds good! I heartily prescribe it to everybody here. If we were in a bar together I'd buy you all a round!

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships