The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.
Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.
so stop with the ridiculous accusations
It wasn't really the press that gave her 'adulation', they just used her pictures to sell papers, which, in my opinion, she exploited. It's a bit like brainwashing, with so many pictures about, a lot of people fell for the hype. On the morning of her death the Guardian was running a story about her lack of intelligence and the way she contacted them to let them know her 'secret' location.

Diana opened the floodgates and threw the first stone by allowing the Morton book and encouraging her 'friends' to release her version to the press.

I don't know what accusations you want stopped but, I feel that as this is a forum, we are all entitled to put forward our own interpretation of history and the facts as we know them.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
diana want attetion from her husband but she only have the press'a attention.
Sadly it wasn't only the attention from the press she encouraged, as history has shown us!

Old 11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Courtier

With all due respect Skydragon, do you have ANYTHING nice to say about Diana at all?

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentally checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I check it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentall checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I read it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.
Thankyou Zonk!

I could not garee more. The repetative state of this thread is so vexing.

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
On the contrary Corazon, I remember it all very clearly and from what I saw, as an adult, was that Diana encouraged the media.
A great many people throughout the world, had no interest in Diana, before or after her marriage.
is claer that all the world love diana, but is many people in the worl that still love her. I live in a republic and my country was in war with england and here coming andrew and charles, in vicit offical and diana coming here in private's visit. When charles and andrew were here was many incidents, insults etc, but with diana was a very loverly visit, istill in GAIMAN (a country from wales people) has a little monument.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
With all due respect Skydragon, do you have ANYTHING nice to say about Diana at all?

"MII"
AMEN, very well said!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

"MII"
Do you know, I had to sit and think about that one. I just didn't see the same person some of you saw. When I saw her engagement on the tv, to me she looked more in love with the idea of being a princess than in love with Charles. The 'body language' was wrong for someone supposed to be in love.
To me she abused her position as the wife of a member of the royal family.
I failed to see the excitement of someone with so many rooms to use and so much personal fortune going to visit the homeless. Her trips abroad on behalf of the charities were paid for by the charities, her clothes by the foreign office and tax payers.
If Diana had kept her dignity and kept the gory details to herself, insisted on a divorce and got on with her life, I would have admired her.
But no, I can't at this moment think of one thing:(
Old 11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There should never have been a relationship with the press and if it was difficult, it was Diana's making.

If Diana had been less willing to tell all to anyone she met, then these people would not have made money out of her name.
is very clear, the press love diana because diana was popular and because diana was a product tath sold (like now, she still sells), and diana in some occasions used the press.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
is claer that all the world love diana, but is many people in the worl that still love her. I live in a republic and my country was in war with england and here coming andrew and charles, in vicit offical and diana coming here in private's visit. When charles and andrew were here was many incidents, insults etc, but with diana was a very loverly visit, istill in GAIMAN (a country from wales people) has a little monument.
No all the world does not love Diana.
Andrew was there in the war with your country so he was hardly likely to get a warm welcome. I don't recall Charles visiting your country. Charles and Diana were only just married during the Falklands conflict, so by the time she visited, I would think everyone had calmed down!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you know, I had to sit and think about that one. I just didn't see the same person some of you saw. When I saw her engagement on the tv, to me she looked more in love with the idea of being a princess than in love with Charles. The 'body language' was wrong for someone supposed to be in love.
To me she abused her position as the wife of a member of the royal family.
I failed to see the excitement of someone with so many rooms to use and so much personal fortune going to visit the homeless. Her trips abroad on behalf of the charities were paid for by the charities, her clothes by the foreign office and tax payers.
If Diana had kept her dignity and kept the gory details to herself, insisted on a divorce and got on with her life, I would have admired her.
But no, I can't at this moment think of one thing:(
I thank you for your response.

But I dont understand the need to continue to reiterate your more than obvious ill feeling towards the late Princess. If you look back through the thread you shall see just how evident it is...

It is somewhat tiresome as its nothing new being brought to the discussion.

No offence meant.

"MII"
Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentally checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I check it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.
Here live in the '50 a policy' women, Eva peron, she was loved and hated in the same way. you can to be indifferent to her, or you love her o you hated her. she die in 1952 but still here averybody remember her,, why? because she was a icon, you cant not loved her, you can noy hated her but you never can be indifferent.
with diana happend some similar, if somebody hated diana nver will love her and the people that love diana will never can hated her. The both thing in the same time is imposible. are 2 sides of history.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
No all the world does not love Diana.
Andrew was there in the war with your country so he was hardly likely to get a warm welcome. I don't recall Charles visiting your country. Charles and Diana were only just married during the Falklands conflict, so by the time she visited, I would think everyone had calmed down!
charles visit argentina in april of 1999. was a big scandal and later he was to in malvinas or falklands.
And the ex- soldiers received him very badly with many protest, diana was here in 1995.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

when diana was here was a little prtenst from the ex- soldiers, and she later visited gaiman ( like princess of wales) the tea hause do a little monnument and all the hause have photos and another diana's things. Charles no visited the wales's country in chubut..
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I thank you for your response.
But I dont understand the need to continue to reiterate your more than obvious ill feeling towards the late Princess. If you look back through the thread you shall see just how evident it is...
It is somewhat tiresome as its nothing new being brought to the discussion.

No offence meant.

"MII"
I have learnt a lot from the new posters and I am truly sorry if my posts irritate you. It may all be things said before but, not all of it by me.
I suppose I just live in hope that the adulation of Diana can be laid to rest and she is accepted for what she was, a flawed person, the same as all of us.
When you or one or two others disagree with what has been written, you reserve the right to reply, is that only to be made available to the Diana supporters?
I do try not to reply to anyone that I obviously upset.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

diana not was a flawed's person, was a deceived's person
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
charles visit argentina in april of 1999. was a big scandal and later he was to in malvinas or falklands.
And the ex- soldiers received him very badly with many protest, diana was here in 1995.
I would imagine that the ex soldiers from your army would have greeted any British Officer the same way. Everyone was upset over the Falklands war and it is still a raw subject for many.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
diana not was a flawed's person, was a deceived's person
To me she was flawed, to you she was not.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I would imagine that the ex soldiers from your army would have greeted any British Officer the same way. Everyone was upset over the Falklands war and it is still a raw subject for many.
no is true, was a expedition for search the BELGRANO a war's ship sunk and argeinta's ex sildiers work together with british's ex soldiers.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 05:57 PM

Let's not get into the Falklands business or I may transmogrify and start spouting Thatcher speeches. Trust me - it won't be pretty.

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships