The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

all you said in your post is very true.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'll leave it at that before I'm branded a fascist. Which I probably am, but I don't want that to become the topic of conversation and I'm sure you don't either!
Words of wisdom.
Quote:
Really? An ex-Princess with a string of lovers and a man who is as slimy as baby snot? There seems little point in having treason laws if they're never going to be used.
The critical points you're missing each time are chronology and causes and consequences.
Quote:
Do tell me when your Boney M style Megamix is coming out.
That was actually funny.
I happen to love your sense of humour (the only reason I still read your posts at this point).

Old 11-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
Thanks for the description, it's clear Camilla wasn't in his rooms-- love the bit about the cold supper! I don't think she was there either, I only meant that they could have got together somewhere that evening, it wouldn't have to be in his rooms-- so Barry might not know.

Charles' time the day, evening and night before the wedding was pretty much accounted for. The afernoon/evening before the wedding there was the final wedding rehearsal, when that finished the royal family went to Buckingham Palace for supper. They then watched the Hyde Park fireworks. As it was the day before what was a major event and the media attention was enormous it would have been highly unlikely that Charles would have been able to sneak off anywhere. He had staff around him going over last minute details and then assorted family members.
The story of Charles and Camilla having sex the night before his wedding I think goes into the category of "it didn't happen".
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
EXACTLY! this was the true, charles was jealous of the attention of the press and did not understand because the public love more diana than himself, the trip to Japan 86 is a good example of this.
Only some of the public thought more of Diana!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I agree about the diana-mania, sorry if i offend you with my post but I think that charles was very jealous abiut diaana's attention that she caused, he was in second plane when he was with diana.
The only person Charles has ever been 2nd too, is in fact the Queen.

I don't think he was jealous, just annoyed and embarrassed by her constant need for adulation from anyone and everyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, he'd hardly be human if he wasn't a bit jealous at some point. However, I think the really irritating thing probably was that when they were out together and he was making a speech about something, the press ignored it in favour of reporting on what Diana looked like and how people felt about her.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Charles' time the day, evening and night before the wedding was pretty much accounted for. The afernoon/evening before the wedding there was the final wedding rehearsal, when that finished the royal family went to Buckingham Palace for supper. They then watched the Hyde Park fireworks. As it was the day before what was a major event and the media attention was enormous it would have been highly unlikely that Charles would have been able to sneak off anywhere. He had staff around him going over last minute details and then assorted family members.
The story of Charles and Camilla having sex the night before his wedding I think goes into the category of "it didn't happen".
Yes I agree. Charles said he only saw Camilla once during the engagement, to give her the thank you bracelet.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
The situation with Tiggy was totally different than the one with Barbara Barnes. By the time Tiggy came along Charles and Diana were at war.

There was definitely a discipline problem and Barbara Barnes was known as a hug 'em type of nanny rather than a disciplinarian.
According to Ingrid Seward, Barnes and Diana got on to begin with but Di kept interfering between Barnes and the boys and undermining her authority. Barnes was told not to raise her voice to or spank them--when there was a difference of opinion between herself and one of the boys, Barnes was to call in Di to act as judge, and Di often sided with the boy against Barnes. In such a situation, it's not hard to see why the boys were running wild.(Not to mention the effect of the conflict in the house, Di's constant histrionics, and the fact that Di herself had run pretty wild as a child and probably encouraged it).

When Ken Wharfe started at Highgrove, he was warned by Barnes' assistant, (who had replaced her), that Di was a jealous mother, and to be careful how he played with the boys if she was around.

Di was jealous of other nannies too--her own childhood nannies, who she thought would steal her father's affection, and Marion Cox, a groom in the stable who was helping the boys to ride. The boys liked Cox, called her Mrs. Flopsy and started visiting her cottage to see her rabbits. Di gave her an ultimatum--leave or go to work in the garden. Cox only understood why she was pushed out when the Tiggy story broke and she made the connection- Di's jealousy.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

It safe to say jealousy ran on both sides for Charles and Diana.

In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.

And by the way, God forbid anyone should even gently make comments about Charles and Camilla.

Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.

Being the heir to the throne, the future head of the Church of England, etc, that was just plain stupid and careless to do.

As was Diana going on television to do her interview.

Both of them gave plenty of fuel to the press for years to come.

Let us deal with reality and not gloss over one or the other....
None of them were angels...so stop with the ridiculous accusations
Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
It safe to say jealousy ran on both sides for Charles and Diana.

In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.

And by the way, God forbid anyone should even gently make comments about Charles and Camilla.

Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.

Being the heir to the throne, the future head of the Church of England, etc, that was just plain stupid and careless to do.

As was Diana going on television to do her interview.

Both of them gave plenty of fuel to the press for years to come.

Let us deal with reality and not gloss over one or the other....
None of them were angels...so stop with the ridiculous accusations
exactly! charles and diana in nrespaper's front pages and the press happy!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Only some of the public thought more of Diana!
in the 80' (may be you are many young for remenber) all th press was all the time whit diferent diana's things. her hair, her style, her charity etc etc etc.
that ''some '' people like you said are MANY people and don's only un UK in ALL the world, oriente, america, europe etc.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think some people are confusing Charles' and Diana's behavior towards the end of their marriage with the way they were when they first married. There was a change - in attitudes, needs, and wants.

Diana and Charles did not start the marriage with a raving jealousy. These behaviors started after the marriage started to break down.

Diana was not particularly jealous with Charles at first or else she would have had a fit when he headed off for a 3 week tour of Australia right after their engagement.

Its also silly to imagine that she was jealous of Barnes. She hired Barnes because Barnes' philosophy of child rearing was similar to her own (high on love and affirmation-low on discipline) and Barnes came with very good references. Charles also agreed to Barnes at first because he wanted his children to have a less strict upbringing than he had. However, Barnes' previous experience was with 2 girls and while girls can be bad, in general 2 boys are going to push the limits with a nanny much more than two girls are. Basically Diana's and Barnes' shared philosophy of child rearing didn't work on William and that is what caused the problem. Charles later realized it and changed his mind on how the children should be raised. Diana didn't force Barnes out; Charles and the Royal Family stepped in and pushed her out.

The only criticism Barnes had of Diana was that Diana treated the nanny more like staff whereas in her previous employ the nanny was included in many family events and holidays. But it was a small gripe and she recognized that that was just the differences between the two households.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Encouraged by Diana in order to cover her many affairs.
diana have a very dificulted relationship with the press, if she manipulated the press? yes, diana was a product that sold, diana loved the camara and the camara loved diana. Still now diana sells, many people become rich for diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The only person Charles has ever been 2nd too, is in fact the Queen.

I don't think he was jealous, just annoyed and embarrassed by her constant need for adulation from anyone and everyone.
diana want attetion from her husband but she only have the press'a attention.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I agree with a lot that you have posted, Lady Marmalade but I have to disagree with you here.

Charles was responding to countless allegations in the press that stemmed from Diana's collaboration with Andrew Morton's book. You have to remember that Diana had originally alleged the affair through Morton.

Charles probably thought that saying something once and for all would end the speculation but of course it didn't and that was an error in judgment.

But at any rate, like you say, they both made a lot of mistakes - as couples do when their marriage breaks down. One thing that's important to remember is that what happened to Diana and Charles happens to a lot of couples regardless of whether the couples are in the press or not. The press attention just intensified what was already going wrong in the marriage.

If you feel hurt and violated you do stupid things. There were enough hurts between them for both to do a lot of stupid things and they did.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

a new book is being published...

Charles' divorce 'good for UK monarchy' -author
"Prince Charles' tortured love life may have had all the hallmarks of a soap opera but it ended up strengthening the monarchy in 21st century Britain, argues a new biographer of the heir to the throne. "

read more:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/w...e-charles.html

have at it, team!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
in the 80' (may be you are many young for remenber) all th press was all the time whit diferent diana's things. her hair, her style, her charity etc etc etc.
that ''some '' people like you said are MANY people and don's only un UK in ALL the world, oriente, america, europe etc.
On the contrary Corazon, I remember it all very clearly and from what I saw, as an adult, was that Diana encouraged the media.
A great many people throughout the world, had no interest in Diana, before or after her marriage.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
'She was a star but that is not necessarily what you want in a Princess of Wales. Camilla is a more traditional consort like the Duke of Edinburgh in his supporting role to the Queen,' Brandreth said
I agree with Brandreth. He's completely right. Camilla walks one step behind Charles - she doesn't bat her eyelashes and flash her legs to take the attention away from him.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
diana have a very dificulted relationship with the press, if she manipulated the press? yes, diana was a product that sold, diana loved the camara and the camara loved diana. Still now diana sells, many people become rich for diana.
There should never have been a relationship with the press and if it was difficult, it was Diana's making.

If Diana had been less willing to tell all to anyone she met, then these people would not have made money out of her name.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
According to Ingrid Seward, Barnes and Diana got on to begin with but Di kept interfering between Barnes and the boys and undermining her authority. Barnes was told not to raise her voice to or spank them--when there was a difference of opinion between herself and one of the boys, Barnes was to call in Di to act as judge, and Di often sided with the boy against Barnes. In such a situation, it's not hard to see why the boys were running wild.(Not to mention the effect of the conflict in the house, Di's constant histrionics, and the fact that Di herself had run pretty wild as a child and probably encouraged it).

When Ken Wharfe started at Highgrove, he was warned by Barnes' assistant, (who had replaced her), that Di was a jealous mother, and to be careful how he played with the boys if she was around.

Di was jealous of other nannies too--her own childhood nannies, who she thought would steal her father's affection, and Marion Cox, a groom in the stable who was helping the boys to ride. The boys liked Cox, called her Mrs. Flopsy and started visiting her cottage to see her rabbits. Di gave her an ultimatum--leave or go to work in the garden. Cox only understood why she was pushed out when the Tiggy story broke and she made the connection- Di's jealousy.
I totally agree with you, I had heard this before.:)

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships