The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Hewitt has never claimed to be Harry's father, where did you get that from?
Diana and Hewitt admitted to 1986, Charles admitted he started seeing Camilla in 1986.
You inferred that William was educated solely by Diana, when as everyone knows he was at school and with nannies most of his young life. His formative years were spent also at school and with Charles and Camilla!
the last yeras of school he live in the school, and yes he was educated with charles AND diana. Hewitt have a pension but is a little pension and he have the life like a rich.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
He tried to sell Diana's letters but no one was prepared to buy them. James Hewitt lives on a small army pension, he lost all the money he made from the books he co-operated on in various failed business ventures. He's a sad case as he lives off his notoriety doing trashy TV shows, to make money.
yes, you right, but in showh he go only because he was diana's lover.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Hewitt's financial situation isn't as dour as you may think. He's done three reality shows to my knowlegde which can bring about 75,000 a time. Then you add about 50,000 for interviews about the shows - and if he gets hard up, he'll release a few more stories about Di and live a life of riley till the end of his days. Much like Burrell.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Hewitt's financial situation isn't as dour as you may think. He's done three reality shows to my knowlegde which can bring about 75,000 a time. Then you add about 50,000 for interviews about the shows - and if he gets hard up, he'll release a few more stories about Di and live a life of riley till the end of his days. Much like Burrell.
I have to agreed with you, FOR FIRST TIME!, hewitt will live all his life for his affair with diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Hewitt has never claimed to be Harry's father, where did you get that from?
Diana and Hewitt admitted to 1986, Charles admitted he started seeing Camilla in 1986.
You inferred that William was educated solely by Diana, when as everyone knows he was at school and with nannies most of his young life. His formative years were spent also at school and with Charles and Camilla!
he is centerpoint's patron.......he learned that for camilla for charles or for diana?, he ant work for the AIDS (and harry too, especially in africa) for charles, camilla or diana? he visited a hospital in new zeland and he ''touched'' to the patients like diana did, and this I don's said, mewspaper etc said this, not only me.
He have many thingh of his father, is true, and I say again HE IS LIKE HE IS; NOT FOR DIANA; CGARLES OR CAMILA; HE IS LIKE HE IS FOR HIMSELF!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You only have to look at his tax liability to realise just how much he is raking in.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
yes, you right, but in showh he go only because he was diana's lover.
Thats as may be, but Diana, by choosing to have an affair with him, put him in that position!
We could even have revelations from some of her other lovers yet and the Diana fans will rush out to buy their copies.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thats as may be, but Diana, by choosing to have an affair with him, put him in that position!
We could even have revelations from some of her other lovers yet and the Diana fans will rush out to buy their copies.
yes, but if charles have a affair with any women (I not are saying that charles have a affair, is only a example!) and the women later do like hewitt do not is responsibility
of charles, is women's responsibility that she want to make money by his affair with a royal person.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM

The Diana hype is big business. Those souvenir shops in London don't sell postcards and plates to keep the memory alive. They do it to make money and the tourists never let them down. It's the same theory with Hewitt etc.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
yes, but if charles have a affair with any women (I not are saying that charles have a affair, is only a example!) and the women later do like hewitt do not is responsibility
of charles, is women's responsibility that she want to make money by his affair with a royal person.
It would show that the Prince was a poor judge of character, the main difference being that Charles could never get pregnant, it would matter if the woman got pregnant but, she and the child would be supported.
Another thing to remember is that his affair with Diana cost him his career.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I found a website that brokers sales for used and out of print books. It has some copies of Stephen Barry's book available.

http://www.biblio.com/isbn/0025074903.html

I just read it in the bookshop when it first came out and would like to re-read it.

Charlotte1 its very interesting you say that he quit of his own accord. You may be right but I distinctly remember him being muscled out of the valet position. I'd have to re-read the book though to be sure.
It's very easy to find second-hand books at Amazon and Half.com. If you're registered at Amazon to buy new stuff, or registered for dealing on eBay, which owns Half.com, you can do major financial damage buying second-hand books there! At the moment, Amazon is offering "Royal Secrets" second-hand starting at 23c and "Royal Service" starting at 1c.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
It would show that the Prince was a poor judge of character, the main difference being that Charles could never get pregnant, it would matter if the woman got pregnant but, she and the child would be supported.
Another thing to remember is that his affair with Diana cost him his career.
One could say that having any type of affair is a poor judgment but the difference between Charles and Diana is that generally Charles' friends have not taken advantage of him in the same way Diana's friends did.

He may have been just lucky and Diana unlucky but it really seems that after making the mistake of marrying Diana, Charles learned his lesson and used good judgment in choosing friends (and a lover, Camilla) that would not turn on him and use him for public profit. Diana's judgment when choosing her friends was not as good; therefore, she got used and taken advantage a lot more.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It's very easy to find second-hand books at Amazon and Half.com. If you're registered at Amazon to buy new stuff, or registered for dealing on eBay, which owns Half.com, you can do major financial damage buying second-hand books there! At the moment, Amazon is offering "Royal Secrets" second-hand starting at 23c and "Royal Service" starting at 1c.
Thanks Elspeth. I used half.com awhile back but thought they had disappeared. :)
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Commoner

Weeeelll!!! I've been reading with all my attention and respect all the opinions of this Forum members and I would like to express my point of view!!! First of all my excuses for my poor english!!!!I'm quite amazed with the poor memory of the British people!!!! How soon they forgot their Queen of Hearts... I still remember how much I cried during those days and I didn't expected the way they accept Camilla as their future Queen!!!I'm not criticizing that old passion of Camilla and Charles... by the way, they sacrificed a young and beautiful girl just to pursuit their interests!!! He didn't had the nerve to afront the Queen and the Public Opinion, as his late great-uncle Edward the VIII did! Noooo, he choosed a young, and innocent as a breeder of the future generation and then put her in the dustbin!!! And that is, in my opinion, an Unforgivable action!!! Put yourself in Diana shoes!!!! special you the female members of this forum!!!! You a beautiful, elegant and desirable young Lady being michieviously used and abused during years... Diana was admired by the majority of the World and desired by millions of men, but ironically her own husband married her under false pretenss and openly substitued her by that woman Camilla!!! No Wonder Diana lost her balance, her mind, her self-esteem, and iniciated a lot of silly adventures with other men while still marrid to Charles! It was the way she could avenged her distroyed life, the coldness of the Royal Family and the way they treated her... Many women do the same so I'm not catching her the first stone!! Many persons talk about the rights of Women, and so many critics to those civilizations where men treat women lik trash... and I ask you: and Charles? How can you defend such a man???? To me it doesn't matter if Charles and Camilla are the future kings... I'm not british and that question doesn't bother me at all, but I can't go away without menttioning an old English saying: OLD CRIMES CAST LONG SHADDOWS! and I'm sure that the shaddows are already there!!!Thanks for reading me!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:36 PM

Off we go again darlings...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Off we go again darlings...
ROFLMAO BeatrixFan!

Can you hear the theme song? "Does it go round in circles?" Billy Preston, my dear.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

I never thought I would be posting this (because, faults and all, I adored Diana and so much of what she did) but even I have to admit Camilla is taking me by surprise with the way in which she is comporting herself now. I just finished paging through "Hello" and some coverage of the US trip and she looks very nice, says things that seem very pleasant and personable, and, all in all, I can't fault her one bit.

No, I don't think many people will ever forget Diana or her life and all the good she did. But, with time--and my own aging--I guess I can recognize these are two different women who bring their own strengths to the proverbial table.

If Charles and Camilla have found their joy being with one another in our relatively brief lifespans, that's good. I wish Diana had had as much time to find her own personal joy with a special someone--or perhaps on her own with her boys. I mean, having a man in one's life isn't necessary for happiness!

The people I find dubious and annoying are those still looking to make some money (or a lot) off of Diana's life and death. I've been reading through posts on this thread and others and it's truly astonishing how many of her "friends" and acquaintances are still having a go at capitalizing on her memory by revealing private thoughts and actions (not that anyone will ever know for sure if these people are being accurate.....). Diana was very clear on the fact she hated people making money off of her...... I wonder what Simone Simmons, Hewitt, et al have made in total by now? It's got to be a lot! Wendy Barry (sp?) was a housekeeper at Highgrove and wrote one of the first "tell all" books, I think while P Diana was still alive. It was banned in Britain when released. I wonder if it still is. Either way, it's sales in the US and other places had to have made her a pretty penny......
Old 11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

Very well said, Maryshawn!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana accomplished a lot in her relatively short life and passed away. Her time was up, as it will be for all of us, and death is part of life. She and Charles were divorced and she was never going to be Queen.

Charles is alive and the monarchy must go on. Camilla is now his wife and future Queen Consort and that's the way it turned out. If the boys are willing to get on with it, then everyone else should too.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I wonder what Simone Simmons, Hewitt, et al have made in total by now? It's got to be a lot! Wendy Barry (sp?) was a housekeeper at Highgrove and wrote one of the first "tell all" books, I think while P Diana was still alive. It was banned in Britain when released. I wonder if it still is. Either way, it's sales in the US and other places had to have made her a pretty penny......
Hi maryshawn,

Quite assuredly they've made a lot of money, its totally disgusting.

There were a couple of books in the 80s but they were tame compared to what came afterward. The Andrew Morton book was really a turning point. Although Diana collaborated with it, it brought on a deluge of tell-all books from all sorts of sources and they continue today. Once Diana opened up her private life to the public, all her most private secrets were on the open market.

In hindsight, I think it was a mistake, although I'm sure others here would disagree with me.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships