Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Please. The Diana Trio indeed. Can we leave the adoration and jingoism out of this? It turns the stomach.

Last edited:
Now now......we can have a spirited and lively debate as I believe there are equal number of supporters on all ends posting on here... :)

It keeps one humbled and grounded to remember none of them were angels and saints in the behavior over the years..

BeatrixFan said:
Ladies and Gentlemen we will we soon be departing for 'Old Ground' so please fasten your seat belts. There are no emergency exits, however, if you look in the overhead lockers you will find a gun and rope which you may use as appropriate. Please note that in case of turbulence, we recommend a quote from a Paul Burrell book or alternatively, you could make a small cardboard sign which reads, 'Diana - Light of the World' or 'Charles and Camilla - We love you' as you see fit. Thankyou for travelling with The Royal Forums - we wish you a safe and endless journey.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
I think the gun and the rope wouldn't be necessary though!... :)

It keeps one humbled and grounded to remember none of them were angels and saints in the behavior over the years...

Agreed. Do we need a 'Diana Trio' working in league? What are you guys like anyway? The New Seekers?

BeatrixFan said:
Oh Please. The Diana Trio indeed. Can we leave the adoration and jingoism out of this? It turns the stomach.

Well, I don't write my messages based on your stomach, BeatrixFan. So if you feel bad, please don't read them.

Lady Marmelade, you are correct. None of them were angels or devils. I don't recall anyone, even after her death, calling saint to Diana. I don't put her on a pedestral, but sure she was a person with a lot of value and who suffered from many injustices. This way, I'm glad to read the posts of her supporters.

BeatrixFan said:
Agreed. Do we need a 'Diana Trio' working in league? What are you guys like anyway? The New Seekers?
"Dianatrio" was an expression used by princejohnny, and I think it's a funny expression. It's good to have some humor sometimes.

Thank you Tzu An and everyone who explained about treason.

You are right, even in this day and age both Diana and any of her lovers could have been tried for treason.:)

You are right, even in this day and age both Diana and any of her lovers could have been tried for treason

Yes but would they have been hung, drawn and quartered? One would hope so.

ysbel said:
Barbara Barnes was sacked because William was getting unruly and it was felt that Barbara wasn't strict enough with him. Right before Sarah and Andrew's wedding, Diana took William to a function by herself and had to leave early because he became unmanageable.

I think it more likely that William played his mother up because he knew his nanny better and that would have been why she was dismissed.
Didn't Diana have a fit when Charles arranged for Tiggy to spend time with the boys and she found out they had confided things to her?
Diana at one point approaching Tiggy at a party to intone: "So sorry to hear about the baby". A flurry of legal threats followed the erroneous claim that Tiggy had had a child aborted.

BeatrixFan said:
Yes but would they have been hung, drawn and quartered? One would hope so.

One has got to be kidding.

ysbel said:
Agreed. But the fact that he published an account of his affair without telling Diana ...
It was Diana who first asked him to give an interview to Richard Kay to lay some of the rumours and gossip to rest. He was passed on to Anna Pasternak and decided to do the book. He told Di about it and said she was "unconcerned" by the documentary of his life it was meant to be. But Pasternak and her editor changed it into a romance despite Hewitt's and Di's protests. Hewitt later wrote the book he had intended as Love and War.

One has got to be kidding

One isn't. That's the only way to deal with traitors. You then set an example and discourage the mob.

No it isn't the only way to deal with traitors. Heavens - a person having an affair with the Princess of Wales is a whole different kettle of fish from a person passing secrets to the enemy during war. Once a state starts using extreme cruelty in its treatment of its offenders, it doesn't have much international moral high ground where human rights are concerned.

BeatrixFan said:
One isn't. That's the only way to deal with traitors. You then set an example and discourage the mob.
You frighten me. Seriously.
Then, if your kind is what constitute the Charles and Camilla circle of supporters, I am now absolutely certain I am not mistaken on these two people.

Idriel said:
You frighten me. Seriously.
Then, if your kind is what constitute the Charles and Camilla circle of supporters, I am now absolutely certain I am not mistaken on these two people.

I hope to hell that nobody here makes an assumption on any royal based on what any one member posts here . :(

Besides, I think nobody here is serious about a hanging, drawing, and quartering. If so, they haven't seen one in real life. I haven't either but what I've read about them makes me glad they belong to the previous centuries.

I don't speak for any elected circle unlike some on here. I speak for myself and if you don't like my opinion then there we are. I have actually seen a hanging, drawing and quartering - I believe it was on Charles II : The Power and The Passion. And please, don't use my opinions to build yours on Charles and Camilla. I don't speak for them.

Lady Marmalade said:
Oh Please.....none of them treated their staff with respect or grace, with the exception of HM. Don't just single out Diana on this one!!

Based on what people are postingI don't think we are. It's all a matter of what rubs you the wrong way. I can take temper tantrums if they're short, sweet and to the point and then everybody goes off on their own business. I climb the walls though at extended emotional outbursts that don't get any conclusion. Sulkers I don't mind, I can just ignore them and I do. ;)

BeatrixFan said:
I have actually seen a hanging, drawing and quartering - I believe it was on Charles II : The Power and The Passion.

A real one BeatrixFan? :eek: Yuck!

The Queen can be very nasty as well you know. She's noted for three huge blasts all concerning the dogs. 1) A footman tripped over the Corgis and hurt one of them by stepping on him 2) A footman spiked the Corgi water with neat Gin and 3) A footman said that he wouldn't mind the Corgi's dinner (fillet steak) for himself. She treated them all to a Royal tounge lashing and they were all removed from her personal service

A real one BeatrixFan? :eek: Yuck!

Yes, it was very graphic and showed it in it's entirety. And then in the Helen Mirren thing, they showed the beheading of Mary Queen of Scots - very graphic. A good deterrant if any there was one.

Skydragon said:
I think it more likely that William played his mother up because he knew his nanny better and that would have been why she was dismissed.
Didn't Diana have a fit when Charles arranged for Tiggy to spend time with the boys and she found out they had confided things to her?
Diana at one point approaching Tiggy at a party to intone: "So sorry to hear about the baby". A flurry of legal threats followed the erroneous claim that Tiggy had had a child aborted.

The situation with Tiggy was totally different than the one with Barbara Barnes. By the time Tiggy came along Charles and Diana were at war.

Tales about William's escapades as a young child were littered in the papers. One I remember was him hanging Harry out a window. There was definitely a discipline problem and Barbara Barnes was known as a hug 'em type of nanny rather than a disciplinarian.

One I remember was him hanging Harry out a window

Surely we've all done that to our siblings?

Well I got smacked for grabbing my one year old sister around the chest and swinging her around. :rolleyes: But my parents couldn't understand that's the only way an 8 year old can carry a 1 year old baby! :eek: I got no sympathy!

He was very well-known as a little terror....Willy the Wombat was one nickname used for him...

His brother was the one known to be a little more sedate and quiet as a child.

Amazing how the roles have switched now they are adults...but they are both still good men.

ysbel said:
Based on what people are postingI don't think we are. It's all a matter of what rubs you the wrong way. I can take temper tantrums if they're short, sweet and to the point and then everybody goes off on their own business. I climb the walls though at extended emotional outbursts that don't get any conclusion. Sulkers I don't mind, I can just ignore them and I do. ;)

I love how you phrased that...I am sure they have all lashed out at some point to their servants.

Although the Queen Mother's staff absolutely adored her...

Although the Queen Mother's staff absolutely adored her...

They were all old Queens themselves dear. There was the story of the two camp young men having an argument when the Queen Mother said, "When you two old Queens have quite finished , will you get this old Queen a gin and tonic?"

ysbel said:
The situation with Tiggy was totally different than the one with Barbara Barnes. By the time Tiggy came along Charles and Diana were at war.

quote]
She it seemed, hated anyone who had dealings with the boys and it was a pretty ghastly thing to say to a young woman in front of so many people.:(

BeatrixFan said:
They were all old Queens themselves dear. There was the story of the two camp young men having an argument when the Queen Mother said, "When you two old Queens have quite finished , will you get this old Queen a gin and tonic?"

LOL!!!!

I read that story too and just burst out laughing. She had a hell of a sense of humor in a good way.. :)

Princess Margaret insisted on gay staff. When asked why she said, "They create the best flower arrangements and mix a pink gin to perfection".

Come to think of it, if I had been waited on hand and foot since birth, I'm sure I'd be high-maintenance too! My great-grandmother grew up with a lady's maid, chambermaid, parlourmaid, cook, kitchen maid, chauffeur and gardener and her family wasn't even wealthy. She was married before she learned to dress herself and it was quite a transition. Ah those were the days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom