The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:
They love their father and their mother
Do we know that? Do we know what they feel at all? How do we know that they didn't rebel against their father for marrying Camilla? How do we know that they didn't reject their mother when they saw the interviews she gave on TV. (Not then, Now). The only way we know what they feel is when they tell us and we can't take anything for granted.

Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
William and Harry are in a much different position than any of us are. They love their father and their mother. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and what they are tolerating and truly feeling about it all. The famous "stiff upper lip" may be on display. We don't know how happy they truly are and how much of it is to bolster their father.
That may be true tiaraprin, however, I have known children that never accepted the second wife (or husband).

Charles, William, and Harry are very close. I have a sense that William and Harry could have scuttled Charles' plans for remarriage if they had felt strongly enough.

I may be wrong but I daresay Charles will not let Camilla or any other woman come between him and his sons.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have no doubt Princes William and Harry are extremely fond of Camilla and have grown to accept her as an important part of their father's life. To lose a parent at such a young age, with the constant public obsession with her life, is not easy for any child, never mind two young men who are so close to the British throne.

They have to get on with it and that means moving on with their own lives, while accepting their father has the right to live his with happiness.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Charles, William, and Harry are very close. I have a sense that William and Harry could have scuttled Charles' plans for remarriage if they had felt strongly enough.
Charles would never have married Camilla without the acceptance of Princes William and Harry. Also, The Queen would not have consented to the marriage if she felt the boys would be offended by it.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Diana did cheat as well that is true. The entire marriage was a disaster. Charles never really loved Diana and Diana couldn't live with that. She learned very quickly that her idea of what would happen was completely off. Many people are to blame for various reasons, I am not vindicating Diana but she and her sons took most of the emotional toll of what happened.

I think Camilla and Charles belong together and are happy. But I hope that someday Camilla and Charles really realize what they did to themselves, Diana and most importantly Will and Harry. Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.
What do you want? Blood?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
Diana did cheat as well that is true. The entire marriage was a disaster. Charles never really loved Diana and Diana couldn't live with that. She learned very quickly that her idea of what would happen was completely off. Many people are to blame for various reasons, I am not vindicating Diana but she and her sons took most of the emotional toll of what happened.

I think Camilla and Charles belong together and are happy. But I hope that someday Camilla and Charles really realize what they did to themselves, Diana and most importantly Will and Harry. Just saying a prayer of forgiveness in church doesn't cut it if they don't mean it.
All I have to do is think of the things I believed that men said when I was 19 to be a little more on Diana's side.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
The entire marriage was a disaster.
Truer words were never spoken RoseMary.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
All I have to do is think of the things I believed that men said when I was 19 to be a little more on Diana's side.
I was 18 and a year younger than Diana and I certainly didn't believe the hype about the marriage of the century and I didn't know anything about Camilla at the time. It still looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

A lot of 19 year olds do have brains although the way they act its hard for us older folks to believe it sometimes.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I was 18 and a year younger than Diana and I certainly didn't believe the hype about the marriage of the century and I didn't know anything about Camilla at the time. It still looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

A lot of 19 year olds do have brains although the way they act its hard for us older folks to believe it sometimes.
Mayhap you were a tad more streetwise than those of us who attended Swiss finishing schools.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Mayhap you were a tad more streetwise than those of us who attended Swiss finishing schools.
Not really, I was just influenced by the girls I was around. Charles was not the type of man that us younger women were attracted to. We did see a couple of girls who dated and married much older men but the guys had a lot of charisma and the girls were very outgoing socially and a bit less naive than the rest of us.

Charles and Diana didn't seem to fit that picture. He always dated older women and Diana seemed to have no history with boys at all-not even an innocent highschool romance with just a peck on the cheek. So it was a strange pairing.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Not really, I was just influenced by the girls I was around. Charles was not the type of man that us younger women were attracted to. We did see a couple of girls who dated and married much older men but the guys had a lot of charisma and the girls were very outgoing socially and a bit less naive than the rest of us.

Charles and Diana didn't seem to fit that picture. He always dated older women and Diana seemed to have no history with boys at all-not even an innocent highschool romance with just a peck on the cheek. So it was a strange pairing.
Not for a man who was supposed to marry a virgin.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

That was beautifully said! Yes, one prayer everyone recites together during a blessing ceremony is not enough penance for what they did. Diana paid with her life. She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Not for a man who was supposed to marry a virgin.
That is true dakodas. How many lives were ruined in service of the search for a virgin bride for Charles I don't want to even think about. It was totally unrealistic to expect Charles after several relationships with women to have a decent marriage with someone almost half his age who really didn't understand what an intimate relationship with a man was all about.

I don't believe he brought Camilla as a lover into the marriage but I wish he would have stood up to his parents and said no. However, given the fact that his mother was still obeying his grandmother when she was middle aged and had grown children, he didn't have good role models for standing up to unrealistic demands.

Diana knew that she was getting into an unfamiliar situation and could have said no too but she was fleeing an unhappy family situation. I just wish both of them could have had the strength to say no and being 19 versus 33 really didn't make a difference in this case.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.
In the end, Diana paid the price for not having enough security and trusting in Dodi al-Fayed and his staff for her safety that night in Paris. Its terribly unfair I agree but that is the real and only reason she is no longer with us.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
In the end, Diana paid the price for not having enough security and trusting in Dodi al-Fayed and his staff for her safety that night in Paris. Its terribly unfair I agree but that is the real and only reason she is no longer with us.
I agree. We have a tunnel between DC and Virginia that looks very much like the tunnel in Paris. After Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon, our taxi driver was speeding through it while on a very animated conversation on his cell phone. My husband who is NOT interested in "royal" matters remarked on the similarities in way the tunnels looked. An accident easily could have happened even though he was not mixing alcohol and antidepressants (I hope!)
Old 11-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I agree. We have a tunnel between DC and Virginia that looks very much like the tunnel in Paris. After Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon, our taxi driver was speeding through it while on a very animated conversation on his cell phone. My husband who is NOT interested in "royal" matters remarked on the similarities in way the tunnels looked. An accident easily could have happened even though he was not mixing alcohol and antidepressants (I hope!)
Wow, that's scary, dakodas! I'm glad you made it home safe!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Wow, that's scary, dakodas! I'm glad you made it home safe!
I know! He was so into his phone call he asked us 3 times for the address-just an intersection!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
one prayer everyone recites together during a blessing ceremony is not enough penance for what they did. Diana paid with her life. She paid too much, Charles and Camilla much too little.
So what it comes down to is that Charles and Camilla are responsibile for Diana being smashed up in a Paris car tunnel, and now they have to pay? It's all about revenge?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
So what it comes down to is that Charles and Camilla are responsibile for Diana being smashed up in a Paris car tunnel, and now they have to pay? It's all about revenge?
Yes! Weren't you paying attention?

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships