The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
that was a pretty powerful statment that women made. She probably didn't even realize it.
I don't think it was powerful, just totally misguided. If this woman hadn't clamoured for the photos and news coverage of Diana, Diana would not have been killed trying to get away from the people who tried to supply the needs of this woman.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
someone should have slapped her face.
BeatrixFan, you have such a wicked sense of humour, I agree a good slap to bring her into the real world.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM

Re:

I remember one Christmas when my Aunty Peggy drank too much. Every year my Grandmother gets on the piano and we have a good sing song. And my Aunty Peggy, pickled to the eyeballs in brandy, got hysterical singing, "Down on Swanee River". And my grandmother jumped up and started bellowing, "Slap her face! Slap her face!". My mother yelled back, "You can't do that!" and my Grandmother pushed everyone out of the way, gave my Aunty Peggy a firm smack and then went back and started playing again. The only way to deal with someone who is hysterical is to slap them.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I remember one Christmas when my Aunty Peggy drank too much. Every year my Grandmother gets on the piano and we have a good sing song. And my Aunty Peggy, pickled to the eyeballs in brandy, got hysterical singing, "Down on Swanee River". And my grandmother jumped up and started bellowing, "Slap her face! Slap her face!". My mother yelled back, "You can't do that!" and my Grandmother pushed everyone out of the way, gave my Aunty Peggy a firm smack and then went back and started playing again. The only way to deal with someone who is hysterical is to slap them.
What you might call a right character, we could have done with her back in '97.:)
Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
... we know far less about C&C's affair than we know of Diana's doings. IMHO its because C&C didn't really say anything past one comment in the BBC interview and their friends for the most part followed their lead. Diana's friends followed her lead and released everything.
Charles and friends said quite a lot about the marriage in the Dimbleby book, but in a more sympathetic style. Also let's not forget that Charles' friends didn't need the money like Diana's friends.
Quote:
... she definitely minded James Hewitt's first book release.
I don't think she minded about Hewitt telling his story, but didn't like the style of the book which was fantasizing, sensational and not very flattering. According to Hewitt she asked him to speak to the press at one point.
Quote:
she would definitely be hurt if William distanced himself in any way from her to escape the scrutiny. But with her fame and the notoriety about her private life, my belief is that it would have been inevitable
But even if she hadn't said anything about her past private life, her present private life would have come out in the press with much the same embarrassing result for William.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
Charles and friends said quite a lot about the marriage in the Dimbleby book, but in a more sympathetic style. Also let's not forget that Charles' friends didn't need the money like Diana's friends.
Diana's friends didn't need the money either, most of them IMO spoke to the press and authors at her request. Very little was said in the Dimbleby book.

Quote:
I don't think she minded about Hewitt telling his story, but didn't like the style of the book which was fantasizing, sensational and not very flattering. According to Hewitt she asked him to speak to the press at one point.
Watching the interview, she really minded about him writing about their affair.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What? What on earth are you talking about? Can't you seperate emotion and give a statement on the issue? With all due respect, you're not a self-appointed representative for Diana and I find it ridiculous that you feel by saying you are, you'll somehow have some crusade to wage on those who don't care for Diana.
Sam, if you had read a few posts before mine, you might understand why I gave myself that title or designation if you will.

With all due respect also, emotion is not separated from your statements on Camilla IMHO. The rapture is quite evident.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
What you might call a right character, we could have done with her back in '97.:)
Then I guess you have had to slap millions of your own countrymen in the face because if memory serves, the world watched in awe as Britain showed public emotion in the rawest of terms deep felt pain not seen....

Hell, Sir George Solti and Mother Teresa died at around the same time and did not command the death coverage Diana did....
Old 11-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Wasn't it Prince Philip who allegedly wondered aloud in front of the Queen and servants present when they were watching Charles's interview on TV in which he tells about his own cheating and how his parents ignored him that he was the missing link?

Several prominent books and articles mention this quote as well...

So it goes to show that daddy was not happy what son was doing...of course, it is the pot calling the kettle black...
Old 11-17-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
With all due respect also, emotion is not separated from your statements on Camilla IMHO. The rapture is quite evident.
I believe it is. It isn't rapture - it's admiration. There's a slight difference. But I'm not a self-designated defender.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Hell, Sir George Solti and Mother Teresa died at around the same time and did not command the death coverage Diana did....
No easy access to Mother Teresa but at least she was grieved for by people who actually knew her. If the media had thought they could stir people up to a hysterical mob to make money, they would have done.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:37 PM

No easy access to Mother Teresa but at least she was grieved for by people
Quote:
who actually knew her. If the media had thought they could stir people up to a hysterical mob to make money, they would have done
Exactly. Mother Theresa was sacred and they didn't dare cheapen her memory by printing her face on teatowels, plates, spoons, mugs, t-shirts and other tacky ephemera that earned newsagents a fortune at the time of Diana's funeral.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

[quote]
Quote:
Wasn't it Prince Philip who allegedly wondered aloud in front of the Queen and servants present when they were watching Charles's interview on TV in which he tells about his own cheating and how his parents ignored him that he was the missing link?

Allegedly being the operative word. I really can't see anyone, let alone a servant repeating something like that. Sounds more like something a missing link made up.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I wonder. The Royal Family never speak private matters in front of the staff. The Kents use Russian, Charles uses French, Anne banishes them from the room and Philip and the Queen use German.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No easy access to Mother Teresa but at least she was grieved for by people who actually knew her. If the media had thought they could stir people up to a hysterical mob to make money, they would have done.
Hmm...I did not know her at all and I grieved her completely as a sign of my faith in her being a Catholic and for her selfless ways..
Old 11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

[quote=Skydragon]
Quote:

quote]

Allegedly being the operative word. I really can't see anyone, let alone a servant repeating something like that. Sounds more like something a missing link made up.
Oh c'mon.....the servants, keep their mouths shut?!?!?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

[quote=Lady Marmalade]
Quote:

Oh c'mon.....the servants, keep their mouths shut?!?!?
If they want to continue working they do and as you can see, BeatrixFan has also answered your post.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Hmm...I did not know her at all and I grieved her completely as a sign of my faith in her being a Catholic and for her selfless ways..
You didn't know Diana either, so what is your point, that you grieve for women you don't know??
Old 11-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I wonder. The Royal Family never speak private matters in front of the staff. The Kents use Russian, Charles uses French, Anne banishes them from the room and Philip and the Queen use German.
Nunca se sabe cuando haya persona que hable la otra lengua que use al frente de el/ella.

On ne sait pas quand il y aura des personnes qui parle l'autre langue qui parle devant lui.

Translation: One never knows when there may be a person that speaks the other language you are using in front of him/her.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
You didn't know Diana either, so what is your point, that you grieve for women you don't know??
Yes. I grieve for people who are well known in my lifetime, male and female, who I may have never met in person but felt connections with.

I cried when my Pope, my Holy Father, died earlier this year and I never met him.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships