The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Gentry

I am not a big fan of The Duchess of Cornwall- Given her history with the Prince of Wales- but, I find this post really quite mean spirited.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think those things go through her head, i think she has more important things on her mind, i think she would think that she is lucky enough to be where she is instead of what could have been. I think she is just thinking about what she does have now.

I dont think shes THAT vindictive Bellefleur

Old 07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Ever wonder what CAMILLA thinks?!
not really,and I dont care.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Given that none of us have a clue what Camilla thinks, other than what's written by tabloid journalists trying to make money by exploiting people's feelings about Diana, I don't think this thread is really going anywhere useful, so I'm closing it.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't go that far. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, so far it appears they don't really want to.

I think people are far less in love with Diana than they were; her wedding was a quarter of a century ago, her death was nearly 10 years ago, there have been a lot of books written about her, including by friends, that have shown her in a less than purely flattering light, and a lot of people are just tired of the whole business. They seem to be far more interested in Prince William than Charles, Diana, and Camilla these days.
I wouldn't go that far Elspeth. We are still here and we aren't going away no matter how much you wish we would.

I follow Princes William and Harry. Charles and Camilla are invisible to me.

Also remember, not everything put into print is ABSOLUTE FACT. The Diana haters are still poised to pounce on every word a person writes to make money from the Diana legacy. She has been gone nearly 8 years and still commands much attention.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla does not deserve to be Queen

What does it say for morality when the mistress of the King gets to become Queen?? Wallis Simpson didn't get the "full bag of tricks" and neither should Camilla. She should be happy with the title she has (and doesn't deserve
Old 07-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I wouldn't go that far Elspeth. We are still here and we aren't going away no matter how much you wish we would.

I follow Princes William and Harry. Charles and Camilla are invisible to me.

Also remember, not everything put into print is ABSOLUTE FACT. The Diana haters are still poised to pounce on every word a person writes to make money from the Diana legacy. She has been gone nearly 8 years and still commands much attention.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that I wish the Diana lovers would go away. What I'm saying is that the Diana lovers are a much smaller factor than they were several years ago and will become an increasingly smaller factor as time goes by. For many young people, Diana is part of history, not part of life. That's just the way it is.

As far as what's written not being absolute fact, of course it isn't. But when it comes to the facets of her personality where her friends and partisans say much the same as her detractors about her, I think it isn't unreasonable to believe that there's some truth to it.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What does it say for morality when the mistress of the King gets to become Queen?? Wallis Simpson didn't get the "full bag of tricks" and neither should Camilla. She should be happy with the title she has (and doesn't deserve).

Sure she deserves it; she's married to the Duke of Cornwall, so she gets the title. That's all a woman has to do in order to deserve it. She isn't his mistress now, she's his wife, and that's the basis on which she shares his title. So far, Buckingham Palace seems to be sticking by the story that she'll be Princess Consort rather than Queen; it remains to be seen what will actually happen. I assume that depends on the timing involved.

Wallis Simpson didn't get to be Queen because Edward VIII abdicated. So far, Charles has stayed in the line of succession and appears to be going to remain so. That the Duchess of Windsor also didn't get to be HRH when she married is a shameful piece of work, of highly dubious legality, perpetrated out of self-righteous spite by people who wanted to punish the pair of them.

Moraganatic marriage doesn't exist in British law. When a woman marries a royal, she also becomes royal and she takes his title. I hope the vindictive actions of the Establishment against the Windsors aren't repeated this time around; they didn't reflect well on anybody in particular.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla IS HRH the Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess Carrick and Baroness Renfrew as the wife of Prince Charles. With the permission of the Queen, she has chosen to be known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, instead of her primary rank as Princess of Wales.

All of this nonsense about Diana is ridiculous. The Princess died eight years ago and it's time to move on. Why should Charles and Camilla be denied happiness together just because he is the heir to the throne? Parallels to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor are totally ridiculous. Wallis was a twice-divorced woman in 1936 who was not only the mistress to the King, but another man as well. I hardly think that Camilla could be compared to a Wallis Warfield Simpson. Her character is far more worthy and Diana had many affairs with different men throughout her marriage to Prince Charles.

I suspect if Diana were alive today she certainly would have embraced the notion of Charles marrying Camilla and making her his consort. More likely than not, Diana herself would have remarried by now and as the mother of Prince William, her role in public life was secure.

I see no reason why Camilla should not be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne. If not, then the Government can pass legislation to allow her to be HRH the Princess Consort, which I personally think will never happen.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Camilla IS HRH the Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess Carrick and Baroness Renfrew as the wife of Prince Charles. With the permission of the Queen, she has chosen to be known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, instead of her primary rank as Princess of Wales.

All of this nonsense about Diana is ridiculous. The Princess died eight years ago and it's time to move on. Why should Charles and Camilla be denied happiness together just because he is the heir to the throne? Parallels to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor are totally ridiculous. Wallis was a twice-divorced woman in 1936 who was not only the mistress to the King, but another man as well. I hardly think that Camilla could be compared to a Wallis Warfield Simpson. Her character is far more worthy and Diana had many affairs with different men throughout her marriage to Prince Charles.

I suspect if Diana were alive today she certainly would have embraced the notion of Charles marrying Camilla and making her his consort. More likely than not, Diana herself would have remarried by now and as the mother of Prince William, her role in public life was secure.

I see no reason why Camilla should not be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne. If not, then the Government can pass legislation to allow her to be HRH the Princess Consort, which I personally think will never happen.
i would not agree with your posts!

but i knew that Camilla cant become POW because follow low profiles of their favourites Princess very much! but Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall that it!

Sara Boyce
Old 07-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i would not agree with your posts!

but i knew that Camilla cant become POW because follow low profiles of their favourites Princess very much! but Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall that it!

Sara Boyce
Sara,
Whether you or I like it or not Camilla IS Princess of Wales. In deference to peoples feelings she has chosen "To Be Known As" Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

We seem to be going round in circles on this one. Sara, Camilla is Princess of Wales. We can't help it if you don't like the fact, but that doesn't alter anything, so it's pointless to keep saying that she isn't Princess of Wales, because she is. She's simply being called by one of her other titles.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

Law vs the Will of the People

To many around the world, Camilla is NOT and NEVER will be the Princess of Wales or Queen of England. Anyone who would curtsey to her, is beyond my comprehension.

Irregardless of the law, it is the people who ultimately make the decision about monarchy and who and what they like about it. A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

More Circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
I don't know how many times it has been stated in these Forums, but like the "Princess of Wales" title, here we go again:

** No one has to curtsey to any member of the Royal Family if that is their choice **

Being an American is quite irrelevant to the issue.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

It seems we are beating a dead horse with a stick. Regardless what anyone feels, Camilla is Princess of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and whatever other title Prince Charles holds.This is a fact. What is the point of continuing to argue about this? Let's move on!
Old 07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg

Although I believe Diana would have moved on with her life and may have remarried possibly even having more children I highly doubt that she would have embraced the idea of Charles marrying Camilla. Diana may have embraced a marraige for Charles had it been any other woman than Camilla simply put not the one he carried on with while he was married to her. I think she would have found it publicly humiliating; to be replaced in the BRF by the the mistress that all the world knew of. :( Just imagine the tension at family gatherings for thier children. (Example: Williams graduation)

If Diana were alive do you really think the public would have supported Charles' & Camilla's union? Even so long after her death I don't - mega public outrage! As a matter a fact I don't see the queen ever considering a marraige for Charles & Camilla at all if Diana were alive.

Since Diana has passed away of course its a different situation but to think that she would be fine and dandy today with the present situation is in my opinion ridiculous.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Amen to that lashinka!! Well said!!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Although I believe Diana would have moved on with her life and may have remarried possibly even having more children I highly doubt that she would have embraced the idea of Charles marrying Camilla. Diana may have embraced a marraige for Charles had it been any other woman than Camilla simply put not the one he carried on with while he was married to her. I think she would have found it publicly humiliating; to be replaced in the BRF by the the mistress that all the world knew of. :( Just imagine the tension at family gatherings for thier children. (Example: Williams graduation)

If Diana were alive do you really think the public would have supported Charles' & Camilla's union? Even so long after her death I don't - mega public outrage! As a matter a fact I don't see the queen ever considering a marraige for Charles & Camilla at all if Diana were alive.

Since Diana has passed away of course its a different situation but to think that she would be fine and dandy today with the present situation is in my opinion ridiculous.
We're all entitled to our opinions. At the end of her life, I believe Diana had accepted Camilla as being a discreet and loyal companion to Charles (which she commented on privately to mutual friends) and she stated "Charles should make an honest woman of her". With time, I think Diana would have accepted a marriage, as did Princes William and Harry, provided her position in the royal family had remained paramount as the mother of a future king.

There is no question in my mind that had Diana had lived, she would eventually have been granted her own royal title and rank as HRH by the Queen upon returning to official duties. This was already well underway when she died and had the support of Tony Blair and the Government. The public would have accepted a marriage if Diana was seen to have embraced it and so would the Queen.

I guess we'll never know.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
To many around the world, Camilla is NOT and NEVER will be the Princess of Wales or Queen of England. Anyone who would curtsey to her, is beyond my comprehension.
To far more people than you might suppose, the matter is one of supreme indifference. In deference to the people in the United Kingdom who associate the title Princess of Wales with Diana, Camilla has chosen to use another of her titles. If people wish to delude themselves into thinking that somehow she isn't Princess of Wales in fact, they're perfectly welcome to do so, of course, but it doesn't change the fact.

Quote:
Irregardless of the law, it is the people who ultimately make the decision about monarchy and who and what they like about it. A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
No British citizen (yes, we're citizens) HAS to curtsey to any of the royal family, including the Queen. Opinion in the United Kingdom is obviously divided about Camilla, but if she continues to perform her public duties in a considerate and cheerful way, and especially if she continues to have what seems to be a very beneficial effect on Charles, a lot of people are going to warm to her as time goes on. Obviously the hard-core Diana worshippers won't appreciate anything she does and would wish her to come to some sort of bad ending rather than taking her place as Charles's wife, but such people are going to be in an increasingly small minority over the years if Camilla and Charles carry on the way they've been going.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships