The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 07-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: los angeles, United States
Posts: 52
I am not a big fan of The Duchess of Cornwall- Given her history with the Prince of Wales- but, I find this post really quite mean spirited.
__________________

  #142  
Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,151
I dont think those things go through her head, i think she has more important things on her mind, i think she would think that she is lucky enough to be where she is instead of what could have been. I think she is just thinking about what she does have now.

I dont think shes THAT vindictive Bellefleur
__________________

  #143  
Old 07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Ever wonder what CAMILLA thinks?!
not really,and I dont care.
  #144  
Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,878
Given that none of us have a clue what Camilla thinks, other than what's written by tabloid journalists trying to make money by exploiting people's feelings about Diana, I don't think this thread is really going anywhere useful, so I'm closing it.
  #145  
Old 07-09-2005, 02:51 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,832
I wouldn't go that far. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, so far it appears they don't really want to.

I think people are far less in love with Diana than they were; her wedding was a quarter of a century ago, her death was nearly 10 years ago, there have been a lot of books written about her, including by friends, that have shown her in a less than purely flattering light, and a lot of people are just tired of the whole business. They seem to be far more interested in Prince William than Charles, Diana, and Camilla these days.
I wouldn't go that far Elspeth. We are still here and we aren't going away no matter how much you wish we would.

I follow Princes William and Harry. Charles and Camilla are invisible to me.

Also remember, not everything put into print is ABSOLUTE FACT. The Diana haters are still poised to pounce on every word a person writes to make money from the Diana legacy. She has been gone nearly 8 years and still commands much attention.
  #146  
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,832
Camilla does not deserve to be Queen

What does it say for morality when the mistress of the King gets to become Queen?? Wallis Simpson didn't get the "full bag of tricks" and neither should Camilla. She should be happy with the title she has (and doesn't deserve
  #147  
Old 07-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I wouldn't go that far Elspeth. We are still here and we aren't going away no matter how much you wish we would.

I follow Princes William and Harry. Charles and Camilla are invisible to me.

Also remember, not everything put into print is ABSOLUTE FACT. The Diana haters are still poised to pounce on every word a person writes to make money from the Diana legacy. She has been gone nearly 8 years and still commands much attention.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that I wish the Diana lovers would go away. What I'm saying is that the Diana lovers are a much smaller factor than they were several years ago and will become an increasingly smaller factor as time goes by. For many young people, Diana is part of history, not part of life. That's just the way it is.

As far as what's written not being absolute fact, of course it isn't. But when it comes to the facets of her personality where her friends and partisans say much the same as her detractors about her, I think it isn't unreasonable to believe that there's some truth to it.
  #148  
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,878
Quote:
What does it say for morality when the mistress of the King gets to become Queen?? Wallis Simpson didn't get the "full bag of tricks" and neither should Camilla. She should be happy with the title she has (and doesn't deserve).

Sure she deserves it; she's married to the Duke of Cornwall, so she gets the title. That's all a woman has to do in order to deserve it. She isn't his mistress now, she's his wife, and that's the basis on which she shares his title. So far, Buckingham Palace seems to be sticking by the story that she'll be Princess Consort rather than Queen; it remains to be seen what will actually happen. I assume that depends on the timing involved.

Wallis Simpson didn't get to be Queen because Edward VIII abdicated. So far, Charles has stayed in the line of succession and appears to be going to remain so. That the Duchess of Windsor also didn't get to be HRH when she married is a shameful piece of work, of highly dubious legality, perpetrated out of self-righteous spite by people who wanted to punish the pair of them.

Moraganatic marriage doesn't exist in British law. When a woman marries a royal, she also becomes royal and she takes his title. I hope the vindictive actions of the Establishment against the Windsors aren't repeated this time around; they didn't reflect well on anybody in particular.
  #149  
Old 07-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Camilla IS HRH the Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess Carrick and Baroness Renfrew as the wife of Prince Charles. With the permission of the Queen, she has chosen to be known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, instead of her primary rank as Princess of Wales.

All of this nonsense about Diana is ridiculous. The Princess died eight years ago and it's time to move on. Why should Charles and Camilla be denied happiness together just because he is the heir to the throne? Parallels to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor are totally ridiculous. Wallis was a twice-divorced woman in 1936 who was not only the mistress to the King, but another man as well. I hardly think that Camilla could be compared to a Wallis Warfield Simpson. Her character is far more worthy and Diana had many affairs with different men throughout her marriage to Prince Charles.

I suspect if Diana were alive today she certainly would have embraced the notion of Charles marrying Camilla and making her his consort. More likely than not, Diana herself would have remarried by now and as the mother of Prince William, her role in public life was secure.

I see no reason why Camilla should not be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne. If not, then the Government can pass legislation to allow her to be HRH the Princess Consort, which I personally think will never happen.
  #150  
Old 07-10-2005, 12:26 AM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Camilla IS HRH the Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess Carrick and Baroness Renfrew as the wife of Prince Charles. With the permission of the Queen, she has chosen to be known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, instead of her primary rank as Princess of Wales.

All of this nonsense about Diana is ridiculous. The Princess died eight years ago and it's time to move on. Why should Charles and Camilla be denied happiness together just because he is the heir to the throne? Parallels to Wallis, Duchess of Windsor are totally ridiculous. Wallis was a twice-divorced woman in 1936 who was not only the mistress to the King, but another man as well. I hardly think that Camilla could be compared to a Wallis Warfield Simpson. Her character is far more worthy and Diana had many affairs with different men throughout her marriage to Prince Charles.

I suspect if Diana were alive today she certainly would have embraced the notion of Charles marrying Camilla and making her his consort. More likely than not, Diana herself would have remarried by now and as the mother of Prince William, her role in public life was secure.

I see no reason why Camilla should not be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne. If not, then the Government can pass legislation to allow her to be HRH the Princess Consort, which I personally think will never happen.
i would not agree with your posts!

but i knew that Camilla cant become POW because follow low profiles of their favourites Princess very much! but Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall that it!

Sara Boyce
  #151  
Old 07-10-2005, 12:55 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i would not agree with your posts!

but i knew that Camilla cant become POW because follow low profiles of their favourites Princess very much! but Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall that it!

Sara Boyce
Sara,
Whether you or I like it or not Camilla IS Princess of Wales. In deference to peoples feelings she has chosen "To Be Known As" Duchess of Cornwall.
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #152  
Old 07-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,878
We seem to be going round in circles on this one. Sara, Camilla is Princess of Wales. We can't help it if you don't like the fact, but that doesn't alter anything, so it's pointless to keep saying that she isn't Princess of Wales, because she is. She's simply being called by one of her other titles.
  #153  
Old 07-10-2005, 03:48 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,832
Law vs the Will of the People

To many around the world, Camilla is NOT and NEVER will be the Princess of Wales or Queen of England. Anyone who would curtsey to her, is beyond my comprehension.

Irregardless of the law, it is the people who ultimately make the decision about monarchy and who and what they like about it. A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
  #154  
Old 07-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,464
More Circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
I don't know how many times it has been stated in these Forums, but like the "Princess of Wales" title, here we go again:

** No one has to curtsey to any member of the Royal Family if that is their choice **

Being an American is quite irrelevant to the issue.
.
  #155  
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,975
It seems we are beating a dead horse with a stick. Regardless what anyone feels, Camilla is Princess of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and whatever other title Prince Charles holds.This is a fact. What is the point of continuing to argue about this? Let's move on!
  #156  
Old 07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I suspect if Diana were alive today she certainly would have embraced the notion of Charles marrying Camilla and making her his consort. More likely than not, Diana herself would have remarried by now and as the mother of Prince William, her role in public life was secure.

I see no reason why Camilla should not be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne. If not, then the Government can pass legislation to allow her to be HRH the Princess Consort, which I personally think will never happen.
Although I believe Diana would have moved on with her life and may have remarried possibly even having more children I highly doubt that she would have embraced the idea of Charles marrying Camilla. Diana may have embraced a marraige for Charles had it been any other woman than Camilla simply put not the one he carried on with while he was married to her. I think she would have found it publicly humiliating; to be replaced in the BRF by the the mistress that all the world knew of. :( Just imagine the tension at family gatherings for thier children. (Example: Williams graduation)

If Diana were alive do you really think the public would have supported Charles' & Camilla's union? Even so long after her death I don't - mega public outrage! As a matter a fact I don't see the queen ever considering a marraige for Charles & Camilla at all if Diana were alive.

Since Diana has passed away of course its a different situation but to think that she would be fine and dandy today with the present situation is in my opinion ridiculous.
  #157  
Old 07-10-2005, 02:24 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,051
I agree with you
__________________
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
  #158  
Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 PM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,832
Amen to that lashinka!! Well said!!
  #159  
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Although I believe Diana would have moved on with her life and may have remarried possibly even having more children I highly doubt that she would have embraced the idea of Charles marrying Camilla. Diana may have embraced a marraige for Charles had it been any other woman than Camilla simply put not the one he carried on with while he was married to her. I think she would have found it publicly humiliating; to be replaced in the BRF by the the mistress that all the world knew of. :( Just imagine the tension at family gatherings for thier children. (Example: Williams graduation)

If Diana were alive do you really think the public would have supported Charles' & Camilla's union? Even so long after her death I don't - mega public outrage! As a matter a fact I don't see the queen ever considering a marraige for Charles & Camilla at all if Diana were alive.

Since Diana has passed away of course its a different situation but to think that she would be fine and dandy today with the present situation is in my opinion ridiculous.
We're all entitled to our opinions. At the end of her life, I believe Diana had accepted Camilla as being a discreet and loyal companion to Charles (which she commented on privately to mutual friends) and she stated "Charles should make an honest woman of her". With time, I think Diana would have accepted a marriage, as did Princes William and Harry, provided her position in the royal family had remained paramount as the mother of a future king.

There is no question in my mind that had Diana had lived, she would eventually have been granted her own royal title and rank as HRH by the Queen upon returning to official duties. This was already well underway when she died and had the support of Tony Blair and the Government. The public would have accepted a marriage if Diana was seen to have embraced it and so would the Queen.

I guess we'll never know.
  #160  
Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,878
Quote:
To many around the world, Camilla is NOT and NEVER will be the Princess of Wales or Queen of England. Anyone who would curtsey to her, is beyond my comprehension.
To far more people than you might suppose, the matter is one of supreme indifference. In deference to the people in the United Kingdom who associate the title Princess of Wales with Diana, Camilla has chosen to use another of her titles. If people wish to delude themselves into thinking that somehow she isn't Princess of Wales in fact, they're perfectly welcome to do so, of course, but it doesn't change the fact.


Quote:
Irregardless of the law, it is the people who ultimately make the decision about monarchy and who and what they like about it. A British subject who doesn't like Camilla shouldn't have to curtsey to her or any member of the royal family. I thank God I am an American!
No British citizen (yes, we're citizens) HAS to curtsey to any of the royal family, including the Queen. Opinion in the United Kingdom is obviously divided about Camilla, but if she continues to perform her public duties in a considerate and cheerful way, and especially if she continues to have what seems to be a very beneficial effect on Charles, a lot of people are going to warm to her as time goes on. Obviously the hard-core Diana worshippers won't appreciate anything she does and would wish her to come to some sort of bad ending rather than taking her place as Charles's wife, but such people are going to be in an increasingly small minority over the years if Camilla and Charles carry on the way they've been going.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2 Warren The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 935 12-07-2005 06:49 PM
The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 4 Alexandria General Royal Discussion Archive 17 05-16-2005 08:02 PM
The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 3 Alexandria General Royal Discussion Archive 24 04-10-2005 06:33 PM
The Great Baby Guessing Challenge Part 2 Alexandria General Royal Discussion Archive 7 03-06-2005 11:20 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 1: November 2002-June 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 300 06-12-2004 08:13 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" aif antony armstrong-jones biography british royal family camilla canada clothes commonwealth games corruption current events daughter daughters duke of york emma extramarital affairs fashion germany harry and meghan hereditary prince alois history interesting facts iaki urdangarn jacobite juan carlos king felipe vi king willem-alexander liechtenstein meghan markle nobel 2017 norwegian royal family osborn piromallo porphyria prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales princess beatrice princess eugenie prince william public opinion pyrmont queen letizia queen mary of teck queen mathilde queen maxima royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal family royal geneology royal ladies royal wedding sarah ferguson siblings soldier spain state visit sweden swedish royal family the crown titles uk styles tony armstrong-jones visit from spain waldeck wedding windsor castle windsor wedding working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises