The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary

As for the other statement Diana may be dead but Camilla will never be the grandmother of Harry and William children. Diana is still their grandmother whether she is dead or alive.
I completely agree, Camilla will never be a grandparent to William or Harry's children. She will never have the natural & unconditional love to give when one becomes a grandparent. She will always simply be Charles' wife.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Oh, so you're saying that adoptive and step-parents can't give love? How offensive.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I totally agree, the marriage was doomed to failure from the beginning because of Charles. He didn't even love Diana but Diana was clearly in love with him. Although she had suspcionous about Camilla and Charles she had nothing to back it up really.

As for the other statement Diana may be dead but Camilla will never be the grandmother of Harry and William children. Diana is still their grandmother whether she is dead or alive.
i agree it!

but i think Prince Charles and Late Diana,Princess of Wales's grandchildren would be their own! not Camilla if Camilla would share with Charles's its would be so suck if im mistakes or correct?

Sara Boyce
Old 05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

I forget where this came from, but somewhere it said that Charles and Diana's marriage was an arranged marriage that she mistakened for a fairy tale love match. She fell in love with the idea of Prince Charles, not the man. Besides the 13 year age gap, they had completely differently personalities. Charles is an introvert who likes the quiet, country life. Diana was the sloane range into all things hip and comtemporary and the city life. In last year's 20/20 special on modern royals, they said that Charles was the last European crown prince who had to find a "virgin bride."
Old 05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh, so you're saying that adoptive and step-parents can't give love? How offensive.
No, I think she was saying that the sort of love that a grandparent gives his/her own grandchildren is a different sort of love from the love he/she has for other people's grandchildren. You may not agree with that opinion, but it isn't offensive. I agree that the notion that adoptive and step-parents can't give love is offensive, but that isn't what was said.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
No, what I'm saying is that the love that she will have for her William and Harry's children will be a different love than the love she will have for her own biological grandchildren (Tom & Laura's). If that's offensive than so be it!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

I know William and Harry will not let their children think Camilla is their grandmother. Diana didn't get the chance to grow old.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

How can anyone speculate on what one feels in their heart? I know people that love their step children and step grandchildren as if they were their own blood.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

If Camilla and Charles were anyone old people than that would be true but when you have the history that family has its different.
I have no doubt that Camilla will embrace William and Harry's children. But the children will not be held under the impression that Camilla is their grandmother. It would be wrong. Diana will be grandma,she will hold this title, unless someone has a way to change DNA, Camilla can never be grandma. Diana will roll in her grave if Camilla is called grandma by Diana's grandchildren. If Camilla's grandchildren want to call Camilla grandma than let them.

It won't take long after their children start reading to realize who Camilla is. If I were William and Harry's wives, a big if, I would not want Camilla's title to be grandma to my children. They would have to call her Duchess Camilla or Aunt Camilla but not grandma. But that is just me.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If Camilla and Charles were anyone old people than that would be true but when you have the history that family has its different.
I have no doubt that Camilla will embrace William and Harry's children. But the children will not be held under the impression that Camilla is their grandmother. It would be wrong. Diana will be grandma,she will hold this title, unless someone has a way to change DNA, Camilla can never be grandma. Diana will roll in her grave if Camilla is called grandma by Diana's grandchildren. If Camilla's grandchildren want to call Camilla grandma than let them.

It won't take long after their children start reading to realize who Camilla is. If I were William and Harry's wives, a big if, I would not want Camilla's title to be grandma to my children. They would have to call her Duchess Camilla or Aunt Camilla but not grandma. But that is just me.
i agree it!

but Prince Charles would be good grandpa in future!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Could be hard to enforce. How do you explain to a two or four year old that it is Grandpapa & "Aunt Camilla" when their peers have Grandpapa & Grandmama. They will also have Camillas own grandchildren around who they will hear address her as grandma (or some other derivative). However, there are numerous other things we call our grandmothers

Nanna, Gran, Grandmere

to name a few.

There are also less obvious alternatives like

Gangan (which all of Queen Victorias grandchildren used)

Or maybe they could just be encouraged to call her Granny Milla. Her grandchildren will probably call Charles Grandpapa Charles.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Could be hard to enforce. How do you explain to a two or four year old that it is Grandpapa & "Aunt Camilla" when their peers have Grandpapa & Grandmama. They will also have Camillas own grandchildren around who they will hear address her as grandma (or some other derivative). However, there are numerous other things we call our grandmothers

Nanna, Gran, Grandmere

to name a few.

There are also less obvious alternatives like

Gangan (which all of Queen Victorias grandchildren used)

Or maybe they could just be encouraged to call her Granny Milla. Her grandchildren will probably call Charles Grandpapa Charles.
Its not hard to enforce at all, the child may for a while call Camilla something or other but will eventually grow out of it when he/she understand thats not what Camilla is to be called. My daughter started calling my father, dad because I called him that when she was about 2/3. I corrected her and now she addresses him as grandpa.

I don't call my stepfather dad and my daughter doesn't call him grandpa. We call him by his first name. Granted there are some families that may freely call the person who married in "mom" or "grandma" or "nana" but not when the circumstances of that person entering into the family were so horrendous and hurtful to the biological mother & the children. I don't think William and Harry would stand for it. Their mother and her memory would always come first. Not the woman who made her miserable. I feel that they only appeased Charles with his wedding to Camilla and really could'nt care less for her. I mean why would they?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I know William and Harry will not let their children think Camilla is their grandmother. Diana didn't get the chance to grow old.
I wouldn't be so sure of that; their kids will only know Camilla.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

But they aren't really that close to Camilla. Well, Harry isn't at all close to her.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
But they aren't really that close to Camilla. Well, Harry isn't at all close to her.
So the press tell us!
Has anyone ever heard Harry say that he doesn't like Camilla????
Old 05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

Has anyone ever heard Harry say that he does like Camilla?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Serene Highness

So, basically, non of us know exactly what Harry thinks about his stepmother but we assume that he hates her - How juvenile!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Who says that he hates her? Dislikes her, most likely. Tolerates her, definiltely.
As juvenille as you may think it sounds it is not.
It is only common sense that his feelings towards Camilla would be considerably mixed up. His feelings for her would not be of a genuine love & unconditional nature as they would be to his own mother. She did not raise him or nurture him or guide him through his life. If Camilla had come along as a positive influence when Harry was a child (without the affair issue) then maybe some sort of bonding and lasting relationship could have formed.

Aside from the fact that Charles seems to be happy with Camilla can you or anybody please tell me why you think that Harry would like her?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Gentry

Putting myself in Harry's place, nope, can't say that I would have warm, fuzzy feelings for Camilla. Perhaps we should remember that Diana died just days before Harry's 13th birthday. It is said that he used to run into the room and jump into her lap for a cuddle. So in many ways he just a little boy when she died. So it is likely that the little boy still has some harsh feelings for the woman who duped his mother.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Aside from the fact that Charles seems to be happy with Camilla can you or anybody please tell me why you think that Harry would like her?
Perhaps as a confidante when he feels he can't talk to his father or as a way to let his father know things he doesn't feel comfortable discussing with him? I understand that many stepmothers fulfill this role for their husbands adult children. I think Camilla is too intelligent to set herself up as a replacement for their mother but I think that she will do her very best to be a freind to William & Harry and to listen when they need someone to talk to.

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships