The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Commoner

Camilla and Charles a respectful marriage!?!

We all know the classic fairytail marriage between Lady Diana and Prince Charles... Or do we? We will never know what went on between Diana and Charles and personally I don't want to know. That was their personal life that I could never understand. During Diana's marriage with Charles she said she had "tremendous hopes in her heart for him and her" well those hopes we crushed not very long after they said their "I do's." Charles hurt Diana deeply and he never even felt sorry for his indescretions toward his marriage vows. He said that he always cared for Camilla and his love was stocked away not for Diana but for the mistress Camilla. He made plenty of excuses for having an affair but the truth is their is no excuse. He made it clear of how he felt for Camilla and Diana. I think their marriage was a lesson we all should learn from. I personally dislike Camilla but I hope that Charles and her have a happy marriage full of bliss and happiness!??? What is wrong with that picture? I don't think it is fair for the sacred vows of marriage and certainly Diana to have them marry. Diana never had a stable loving marriage that she wished for all her life. Diana just wanted to be loved by somebody much less her husband! Diana deserved a better marriage but for she never got another one!!!!! Yet cheating charles had another one. I think their marriage was sort of a hypocricy! What are they going to do next?! Pretty soon marriage will be a "thing" where people moch. Marriage is about comitting to someone for life and honoring them and loving them and becoming one in the eyes of god!! I loved Diana as our dear princess and I can only imagine what her face must of looked like when she saw Charles marrying Camilla. Charles is loving the very person who caused Diana soooooo much pain and disgression. " This is my opinion and if you get offended in any way I am sorry."

Old 04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree your posts,blondebeauty123

but Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales got first married in 1981 but both got failures because both had affairs and Charles go see Camilla since Harry's birth in 1984 but Diana dont like it! and Diana got affairs with James Hewitt and lots more with man!

I dont like Camilla lots! because she got homewrecker since the Wales got married in 1981 and she meet Prince Charles at his home and Diana getting pissed off at Charles for that!

but i know that Prince Charles still loves with Camilla i understand for more over 30 years since both met at party and both been still as mistress,companion and affairs and Charles been dating Diana's 2 older sister before Diana.

Sara Boyce

Old 04-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

I would say Charles and camilla's story is a fairytale, but hold on, the happily everafter is not done yet? Next installment, Please.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

i tell you! Princess Diana is fairytales in first places but Camilla dont!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
I would say Charles and camilla's story is a fairytale, but hold on, the happily everafter is not done yet? Next installment, Please.
Charles did tell Diana he wouldn't be the only Prince of Wales without a mistress. Now that's he married the mistress does that hold true?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

No. When a man marries his mistress he creates a job opening.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
LOL. Too true.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What a horribly crass thing to say.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Gentry

Smile rear photos

:) Hey Guys,

There is an article about Charles and Camilla and some rear photoes, when Camilla was young she was not bad looking , she looked kind of cute. I will try scan them tomorrow. Till then here are some others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charles1.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	128488   Click image for larger version

Name:	char2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	128489   Click image for larger version

Name:	char3.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	128490  
Old 04-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, their whole situation is just shameful in my eyes. The fact that they married doesn't erase the past. Plus, past actions are a pretty good indication of future behavior; who's to say he won't do it again? When someone cheats, the chances are stacked in the favor of a repeat of the behavior. And, statistically speaking, marriages made from the collapse of a previous marriage only have about a 5% success rate, meaning out of 100 couples, only 5 make it. Pretty bleak odds, wouldn't you say?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Yes, very true but it´s also a famous quote and I believe Bubbette was just quoting.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Love your post Moonlightrhapsody!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Not likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Well, their whole situation is just shameful in my eyes. And, statistically speaking, marriages made from the collapse of a previous marriage only have about a 5% success rate, meaning out of 100 couples, only 5 make it. Pretty bleak odds, wouldn't you say?
I may be mistaken, but it appears that some of us are actively hoping for the Charles/Camilla marriage to fail.

However, considering they have known each other for over thirty years, and have gone through thick and thin together to finally "reach the altar", I think the hopes for an early divorce might not only be misplaced, but doomed to disappointment.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I may be mistaken, but it appears that some of us are actively hoping for the Charles/Camilla marriage to fail.

However, considering they have known each other for over thirty years, and have gone through thick and thin together to finally "reach the altar", I think the hopes for an early divorce might not only be misplaced, but doomed to disappointment.
And I may be mistaken but there's nothing around this thread that even mentions the hope that they'd divorce. Now, how it's interpreted is up to the public.

I'm mentioning statistics here. Statistics and probability can try to predict the future. I'm not saying that they can't beat the odds, but the odds are pretty high. I wouldn't gamble on a card game that only gives me 5 wins out of 100.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Majesty

The difference is that most of these couples don't have over 30 years of togetherness behind them. Even if we discount the periods of fidelity to their respective spouses these two have been together for well over 20 years together before getting married, which does increase the chances of success.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Statistically speaking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
And I may be mistaken but there's nothing around this thread that even mentions the hope that they'd divorce. Now, how it's interpreted is up to the public.

I'm mentioning statistics here. Statistics and probability can try to predict the future. I'm not saying that they can't beat the odds, but the odds are pretty high. I wouldn't gamble on a card game that only gives me 5 wins out of 100.
Perhaps it was all in the context? :)
Old 04-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, those odds are for people who get divorced, marry a person they have known a bit and and after the inlove feeling diminishes and real love has to kick in they discover that they might just a well could have stayed with their first partner. They encounter the same difficuties.

C&C have proven that they really want to be together, and now they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
The difference is that most of these couples don't have over 30 years of togetherness behind them. Even if we discount the periods of fidelity to their respective spouses these two have been together for well over 20 years together before getting married, which does increase the chances of success.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Nobility

very well said. i agree with you 100%.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Even if Charles and Camilla decided at some point down the line that they'd made a mistake in getting married (which seems to me to be unlikely, but one never knows), I don't think they'd let it be known in public; it would be too damaging.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Yep. You've got history to back your claim up.

Quote:

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships