Correspondence to and from Charles and Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason camilla writes handwritten personal notes to so many people is that she is never on engagements and hence as so much free time :lol::lol:

It says so much about Camilla´s personality that she makes us happy with her handwritten notes.
How poor must people feel who can see something bad in everything?:rolleyes:

the only reason camilla writes handwritten personal notes to so many people is that she is never on engagements and hence as so much free time :lol::lol:

Camilla's 1st full year of engagements = 222. Diana's first full year of engagements = 78.

Camilla's 1st full year of engagements = 222. Diana's first full year of engagements = 78.

Oh dear, here we go again ... I think the whole TRF is getting invaded by the Diana/Camilla debate. Can't we just take a break for a while ?

I don't think Camilla was pregnant and very sick her first year of engagements. I wonder with Camilla's surgery this year if she will have many engagements for the year? Maybe she did letter writing to help pass the time. I know from reading that Princess Diana did lettering writing too.

But getting back on topic-I love that The Duchess is thoughful enough to send out personal letters to her fans and I think someone close to her monitors this website.

Last edited:
I wonder with Camilla's surgery this year if she will have many engagements for the year?
She has spent a great deal of time writing to and visiting our injured soldiers and families of the bereaved (and on more than one occasion). None of which will be counted as official engagements, I think she has been doing a tremendous job without worrying about the engagements 'count'. :flowers:

I don't know if I should post it here but I sent a drawing to Earl Spencer three months ago and I've received an answer last monday. It's "only" his personal assistant who typed and signed the thank you letter but I don't care because he got the drawing and that's the most important for me. Here's the letter (I've deleted my address) followed by the drawing :

Attachments

• althrop2ns3.jpg
    althrop2ns3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 337
  • Brother_and_Sister_by_SensibleRose.jpg
    Brother_and_Sister_by_SensibleRose.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 278
Congratulations Kelly, I'm sure you are thrilled to receive the reply. :)
And what a beautiful drawing, I like it very much. :flowers:
The picture of Diana playing with her little brother had always been one of my favourites.

Thanks Avalon ! I was very pleased to have an answer and I'm so happy that he liked the drawing :)

I don't know if I should post it here but I sent a drawing to Earl Spencer three months ago and I've received an answer last monday. It's "only" his personal assistant who typed and signed the thank you letter but I don't care because he got the drawing and that's the most important for me. Here's the letter (I've deleted my address) followed by the drawing :

Congratulations about you letter. The drawing was executed beautifully.:flowers::flowers:

Well I think it's wonderful to meet so many Camilla fans. Bless you all. I can understand how pleased you were, Beatrixfan, to receive your letter. This christmas and last, I received a hand signed official Christmas card from her. Both contain lovely pix of her and Charles. I treasure them of course.
I have written her several letters of support over the years, and I think that she must appreciate support from folk like us.
She must get fed up with all the rubbish printed in the press.

Hi normalil, nice to meet you and welcome to TRF!:flowers:
Congrats to you for receiving the Christmas cards from the Prince and the Duchess! I got a letter from Camilla this year and i was over the moon...:angel:

thanks for sharing,I just love to hear things like this.That was very nice of Camilla,and you should be proud.

What a charming drawing, TheTruth. You must be a talented artist.

I wrote once to Lady Jane Fellowes, but never received a response. Of course, this was right after Diana's death and there must have been a deluge of letters and cards.

This morning I picked up a note from the Duchess and I am so happy. I will think putting this note in a frame soon!:flowers:

What a nice story! I think it is great that Camilla wrote a thank-you note to this woman. This story put a smile on my face.

It never hurts to show that personal touch and kindness it was very thoughtful of Camilla:flowers:

I`m so happy, I received a letter fram Camilla today:)

Congrats to you, Atene ! She really loves her fans and shows it.

After sending her a birthday card today i received another letter with a handwritten note from Camilla! :D:D:D

It´s so kind of her that she takes the time to write these letters herself and does not let her secretary do.

That´s one of many reasons why she´s so special and more and more people adore her!:wub:

After sending her a birthday card today i received another letter with a handwritten note from Camilla! :D:D:D

It´s so kind of her that she takes the time to write these letters herself and does not let her secretary do.

That´s one of many reasons why she´s so special and more and more people adore her!:wub:
I am so pleased for you! :flowers:

1st December, 2008

Dear Zhengyu,

The Prince of Wales has asked me to thank you for the letter you so kindly sent to him on the occasion of his 60th Birthday. His Royal Highness grately appreciated your kind thought.

The Prince was very interested to know that you have set up an organisation to support The Royal Family, and that the number of supporters is increasing. He has asked me to send you his warmest thanks for writing as you did and his best wishes.

Yours sincerely
Mrs. Claudia Holloway

http://photo1.bababian.com/upload13/20081217/A6BE55B74B847B03FD0BE6E2A6072762.jpg
http://photo1.bababian.com/upload13/20081217/7D72C961E81F1170BB826E876F98B060.jpg
http://photo1.bababian.com/upload13/20081217/4F40BA8250A45D9E1430691062C860F1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom