The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

To me her answering, her personally answering those letters all of send, shows very clearly, how much she really suffers from the continuing bad press and the ongoing dislike.
So hopefully those letters of support and admiration that you continue to write her, make her day as much as the answers make yours...

Old 09-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
So lucky BeatrixFan ! Congrats for being able to have in your own hands a letter that the Duchess herself, also touched with her hands ! I must admit, I'm jealous . For myself, I don't have many chance of getting an answer since most of the Royals I admire are dead. Poor old me ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:10 PM

I got my note from the Duchess today! I am so happy. It came first class and I had to sign for it, and I turned it over and it had her "C" seal. I opened ever so carefully and pulled out the most wonderful note. It is short, typed, but it's signed by her! "Camilla" with a line underneath. A wonderful line! I love my signature and my line!
Here are pics of my wonderful, fabulous note, the best note ever written, hehe! I have provided two views of my treasured letter, which is promptly going inside a frame! I have only to pick out the frame. It will be my treasure always: my wonderful signature and line.
Wide view
Reading view
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Yay! Ashley got one too! This is why I love this woman, this woman has class, she has style and my dear she is just the most fabulous Royal diva we have had for years. I may well write to her again. Now the smoke from the funeral's cleared.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Yay! Ashley got one too! This is why I love this woman, this woman has class, she has style and my dear she is just the most fabulous Royal diva we have had for years. I may well write to her again. Now the smoke from the funeral's cleared.
And she can punctuate! I love the way she's added commas to the typed note.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I got my note from the Duchess today! I am so happy. It came first class and I had to sign for it, and I turned it over and it had her "C" seal. I opened ever so carefully and pulled out the most wonderful note. It is short, typed, but it's signed by her! "Camilla" with a line underneath. A wonderful line! I love my signature and my line!
Here are pics of my wonderful, fabulous note, the best note ever written, hehe! I have provided two views of my treasured letter, which is promptly going inside a frame! I have only to pick out the frame. It will be my treasure always: my wonderful signature and line.
Wide view
Reading view

Congats. How wonderful to have that personalised treasure. I wonder if Camilla knows how happy she makes people by doing this.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to everybody who got one! This just put Camilla way high up on my list, not everbody takes the time to title and sign the letter themselves. And she has good grammar as well!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Thanks, Roslyn and acdc, and Beatrixfan. I wonder about the commas too. It does seem like the kind of thing one does as they glance over the letter, once it is finished being typed by the lady-in-waiting, to put the commas and the signature oneself. Though it is typed, it just has a personal feeling to it, as if she very much directly dictated or told the aide precisely what to write.
I know how Beatrixfan feels too about it making one want to write again! I am tempted to write her a "thanks for the thanks" note, hehe!
It would be too funny for words if she sent me a "thanks for the thanks for the thanks"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_092107_001.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	260900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_092107_002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	260901  
Old 09-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

That really is great, CT!
She really is a class act, isn't she?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Congrats Ashley !!! It's such a treasure !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

I´ve got a personally note from Camilla today, too.
I share CasiraghiTrio´s and others feelings who got this letter before....
It´s soooooooo nice to open it, see my handwritten name and the signature....
Ohhhhh Happy Day......!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Would someone be so kind as to post the address where HRH The Duchess of Cornwall can be written to please?

Thank You
Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Courtier

Congratulations, Milla Ca.Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondBrg View Post
Would someone be so kind as to post the address where HRH The Duchess of Cornwall can be written to please?

Thank You
Here you go:

The Prince of Wales - Contact us

The mailing address is there as well as the contact form.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Here you go:

The Prince of Wales - Contact us

The mailing address is there as well as the contact form.
Thank you Elspeth very much!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Congratulations Milla Ca! Wow. We're getting quite the group. We should have t-shirts made with "The Recipients" on them.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, it really shows another side of Camilla and that is she does have a heart. Congrats on getting the replies.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
Wow, it really shows another side of Camilla and that is she does have a heart. Congrats on getting the replies.
Thank you PR Princess. But it shows one side of Camilla and not another. And she has not only a heart but a big, warm, loving, strong, ......one.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Nobility

Red face letter from camilla

Last Thursday, I received a big surprise.. A letter dated September 24 2007 from Camilla. It was in response to a letter I sent her at the end of August regarding her work on osteporosis and women's health issues in general. It really is thrilling to receive an "royal air mail" letter with a buckingham palace postmark. My eight year old is telling all of her friends. I was touched that the Duchess would take the time to write back considering the month that she's had. She really is a special person.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, congratulations milla Ca and sthreats!

It really shows what a special person the Duchess is: I don't think many Royals take the time to personally read their mail.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!

Tags
camilla, correspondence, duchess of cornwall