Correspondence to and from Charles and Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Ok. I'm shaking a little so bear with me....

Camilla wrote to me today!

When Laura got married, I wrote a poem and sent it to Camilla. I said how much I admired Camilla and said that she was to ignore the gutter press because we loved her just as much as we loved any other member of the RF. I thought that I'd get a form letter back and then Camilla's father died and I thought wouldn't get a reply at all. I got a letter from Clarence House yesterday saying thankyou for my letter. But today, the postman knocked and said, "Special Delivery". It was from Clarence House and had a tiny 'C' with a coronet on the back. And when I opened it - it was a letter from Camilla! She'd written the date and "Dear Sam" on it, the body was typed. She said that Laura and her had enjoyed the poem very much and she'd enclosed a photograph for me with her very good wishes. Then she'd handwritten "Yours Sincerely, Camilla".

I'm over the moon! I've taken some snaps of the letter and piccie with my digital camera to share but they're not that clear. When my scanner is working again, I'll scan it. What an amazing lady Camilla is. I adored her before but now, I'm totally besotted with her and I don't care who knows it!

The photograph was one of the wedding ones. It isn't signed, just a glossy print but it's rather lovely to have. I've framed the letter and the photograph and it looks very nice if I do say so myself. I shall treasure it always. Just thought I'd share that ;)

That's so cool, you're so lucky.
Camilla is such a nice lady, I adore her;)

WOW! You are so lucky, Sam! I am jealous! I never had the courage to write to Camilla or Charles. :(
Congratulations!
Camilla is one great person. Not many royals write back personally.

Congratulations, Sam. You must have really touched Camilla with your poem, if she replied in addition to the regular "Thank You" letter.

Thanks all! I'm really amazed that HRH wrote back to me. It's quite a wierd feeling! Just think. The future Queen of Great Britain has written me a letter. LOL. It's sooo strange. But lovely.

that really wonderful write letters to Camilla,beatrixfan

but im wishes i would write letter to Prince of Wales and their sons but one of his private secretary send me letter i wanted write to HRH Prince Charles only not from his secretary how rude! but i wanted write to Royals only not from his secretary like that.

when i met Prince Charles in Nov.2002 at Prince's trust and i shake him he says how nice meet you after he attend at Prince's trust my mom typing computer to HRH Prince Charles and she saying thank for meet you and im wishes i would see him again.

Wow that's amazing, BeatrixFan!
I wish I would dare to send a letter to a Royal, but I just don't. ;)
Congrats to you! :)

Sam,
It so incredible Camilla wrote to you! I would cherish her letter for many years. I am so glad you thought to write to her!

Wow, the "C" monogram must stand for Class with a capital C! Very classy of Camilla, love the 'special delivery' too.
Your poem must have hit the spot, Beatrixfan! quick question though: you're not going to change your Forum name now to 'Camillafan', or are you?! ;)

Congrats Sam !!! That's really lovely from Camilla to write back to you. You must be over the top with happiness :) Like others on here myself I've never dared to send anything to Clarence House ...

It is very nice of her to respond in this way :) Well done Camilla :D

Congratulations, Sam!! It must be very good feel the future Queen of Great Britain wrote to you ;) :)

Avalon, come on, write to them if you want... ;)
I wrote to other royal two weeks ago... unfortunately i'm waiting the answer... :(

Thanks all! I always send a card for Christmas and birthdays etc to various RF members and I get the usual things back but I think that we should write to them, especially Camilla, who needs all the support she can get. Princess Olga - you're so right! The 'C' does stand for a class - because she's truly classy to respond as she did. I don't think I can change my username but if I could, I would! So come on guys, write to them!

What a wonderful experience for you. I, too, would treasure her letter. I think it's lovely that she has taken the trouble to personally attend to it and send it Special Delivery. She must have been touched by your thoughts and the fact you had gone to the trouble of writing and sending your poem, and she responded in kind.

It makes me like her more than I already did, which was a lot anyway.

lol I Know how you feel I once got a letter from Eugenie it was after her operation :) it made my day ! Congrats again Camilla seems nice.

What a lovely surprise for you Sam - There is no doubt that Camilla is one very classy lady.

That's really cool that you got a reply. Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear she writes back.

Thanks everyone - now back on terra firma but everytime I look at it on the wall, I can't help but smile.

that's great sam! congratulations! thanks for telling us and showing us the pictures. it must be so exciting...

i agree, camilla is a lovely lady and you had a wonderful idea of telling her how respected she is.

what a lovely gesture from you BeatrixFan, i'm so proud of you and excited for the letter. it is so cool for her to not only take time to respond, but to know that it was read and appreciated must really be a great feeling. Shows alot of class and caring on both of your actions.

Congrats to you BeatrixFan ! :)

Camilla is definitively a wonderful lady, I really hope that she will be Queen of England one day !

I heard a story at the time of Charles and Camilla's wedding about a woman who had sent letters to Camilla for years (even when Princess Diana was still alive), to tell her how much she admired her and to give Camilla all of her support . And Camilla didn't forget this woman and even invited her to her wedding with Charles !! Wonderful, isn't it ?
So, who knows, BeatrixFan, maybe you will meet her someday ??!!;) :) :) :)

Well, at this rate I reckon Sam will be getting an invite to the coronation!:D

Seriously, it's nice that she signed it herself and didn't do the usual royal "I am commanded by Her Royal Highness to thank you..." signed by one of the ladies in waiting. Mind you, once she starts getting huge amounts of mail, she may have to resort to handing it over to ladies in waiting to deal with.

Well, I've met HRH very briefly and I had no lasting reminder of it so this is something a bit more permanent. I have to admit, I was a bit gushing in my letter and outrageously obsequious but that's life!

And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p

BeatrixFan said:
And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p

Can I make a reservation? :p

Maxie said:
Can I make a reservation? :p

Wouldn't mind either. It's a one-life opportunity! :D
So what about reservation? ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom