Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 15: June-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbel

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
New York
Country
United States
Welcome to the 12th installment of Charles' and Camilla's Current Events.

Part 11 can be found here.

Last edited:
Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall arrive at London's Westminster Abbey to attend, the Service of Thanksgiving for Gallantry and Valour, Monday June 26, 2006. The religious thanksgiving service is to mark the 150th anniversary of the creation of the Victoria Cross bravery medal awarded for acts of valour in the presence of the enemy, and in the 150-years to date 1, 355 Victoria Crosses have been awarded.

from polfoto and getty

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpeg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 259
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,007
Last edited:
Camilla's outfit was Lilac, in case anyone was wondering! :D

thanks for the pics, she looks lovely in that color. great hat

More images from getty

Attachments

• 51.JPG
    51.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 52.JPG
    52.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 53.JPG
    53.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 54.JPG
    54.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 57.JPG
    57.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 56.JPG
    56.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I like the colour of her outfit but, she is looking pregnant...:confused::D:rolleyes:

hornsen said:
I like the colour of her outfit but, she is looking pregnant...:confused::D:rolleyes:

Do you mean she is looking a bit overweight. I think that Camilla's childbearing years are long gone. What do you think?:)

Love the hat, it's so Camilla! :)
Your comment made me laugh terribly, hornsen! Thanks for that. ;)

i think she has a very nice figure and many people have commented she has great legs. That coat style isn't the most flattering. she is a middle aged woman with grown children, but who knows with modern medicine, didn't a 63? year old woman have a baby not long ago. :eek: just kidding!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe at least 1 tabloid hasn't played up a story along those lines tho.

Yes, Heidi P. It was only a joke...It´s the cut of her coat and her little weight problems.;)

It's the cut of her coat. It's perhaps not the most flattering line I've seen her wear, but then she is going to Church! I like the colour on her and I think she looks lovely.

Edited to add, thanks for posting the pics.

BBB
I agree with you. It is wonder why the tabloids have tried to claim Camilla is pregnant. LOL

I don't like the cut of her coat. It makes her look heavy. She doesn't, to me at least, seem to want people to see her figure. She probably does yo-yo on her diet somewhat but articles I have read this past year say the same thing from people. Camilla is smaller, more delicate and petite then they realized. The camera adds ten pounds but Camilla's choice of clothing seems to me to add even more weight.
Although as a rule I think Camilla always look very nice when she goes out.

Royals back elephant fundraiser

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to dine on an Indian banquet at a fundraising event for an Asian elephant conservation project

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5119956.stm

PAINFUL LEGACY OF BATTLE OF THE SOMME, 90 YEARS ON

THIEPVAL, France, June 27, 2006 (AFP) - Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall on Saturday lead commemorations in northern France to mark the 90th anniversary of the Somme, the bloody battle which in Britain became emblematic of the slaughter and sacrifices of World War I.

http://www.ttc.org/200606271034.k5raylw29610.htm

Here are a couple different photos of Camilla and Charles at the Service of Thanksgiving for Gallantry and Valour (From Bruno Press):

Attachments

• camilla.jpg
    camilla.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 245
  • charles 2.jpg
    charles 2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 272
  • charles.jpg
    charles.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 291
  • charles and camilla.jpg
    charles and camilla.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 591
  • charles and camilla 2.jpg
    charles and camilla 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 279
Pictures

Prince Charles and Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's Photos:In that Rather smashing!

BeatrixFan said:
Camilla obviously went to Lloyds to be reunited with her money.

That was my thought too :D She apparently took Charles with her for support :D

Duchess of Cornwall and Prince of Wales attend a reception in aid of Elephant Family charity for elephant conservation on June 27, 2006 at Petersham House in Richmond, England. Pics from GettyImages.

Attachments

• 71309182.jpg
    71309182.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 71309183.jpg
    71309183.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 71309184.jpg
    71309184.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 71309185.jpg
    71309185.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 71309187.jpg
    71309187.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 71309190.jpg
    71309190.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
I love that outfit.

This outfit she wore in India first. I love it. But she forgot her jewellry...:( They have nice elephants there.:)

i adore the coat, just gorgeous. Camilla looks very pretty, i like her in blues and purples. special touch, charles pocket hankerchief matches perfectly.

I love the outfit. These are great pics. I'd love to know what Charles was saying so earnestly in photo No. 5. :) Was it before or after he touched the end of the elephant's trunk?

C&C appear to really enjoy the events they attend together. They chat to each other a lot.

Charles and Camilla will have many joint enegaments these days.Camilla does seem to be much happier and it is good for her and Charles. Camilla's birthday is nearer and I am delighted to see her smiles back. She is such a brave lady.

Camilla looks fantastic. That color is an extremely good color for the Duchess.

wonderful pictures!
thanks for the information.

hornsen said:
This outfit she wore in India first. I love it. But she forgot her jewellry...:( They have nice elephants there.:)

Yes, it's the same, she wore in India but it looks much better with skirt, imo.
She looks great and Charles looks so happy.

Another from facetoface

Attachments

• 00983451.jpg
    00983451.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 177
HRH seems alot more relaxed on engagements now. She doesn't play with her hair too much and she isn't so stiff and awkward. She's just taken to it like a duck to water. Good for her.

Mmmm, giant pasties and ale. Now I'm all hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom