Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean - March 3-14, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Trinidad and Tobago, St Lucia, Montserrat and Jamaica on a tour of the Caribbean from 4th to 14th March 2008.

Their Royal Highnesses’ visit to the Caribbean will reinforce Britain’s ties with the important Commonwealth countries of Trinidad and Tobago, St Lucia and Jamaica and the UK Overseas Territory of Montserrat. It will advance key British Government priorities in the promotion of sustainable development, environmental protection and youth opportunity.

The Prince of Wales visited Trinidad and Tobago in 2000 and St Lucia in 1989. His Royal Highness has visited Jamaica three times previously, in 1966, 1993 and 2000. This will be The Prince’s first visit to Montserrat.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see any tiaras. I hope so. Bring out the bling Ma'am!

I wonder if we'll see any tiaras. I hope so. Bring out the bling Ma'am!

I guess they will use that large yacht they chartered (I read the dining room sits 100 guests) to hand out some invitations. Parties abord yachts can be quite jewel-intense, so I look forward to the reports.

I'm quite happy that Charles and Camilla both seem to like the bling-thing. Maybe they will have a good look around the Royal faults once the items are in their care alone and select surprising jewels for Camilla to wear. I at least look forward to see them.

BTW - will they add some days of a private holiday?

I'm always impressed with Charles diverse interests--the coral reefs, young people, the environment, etc.... He has chosen interests that are close to his own heart--
that being said--
it would be nice to see some different jewels on HRH The Duchess of Cornwall! I'm looking forward to this.

Yes indeed. I hope that they both can enjoy a restful and private holiday following the engagements..which will include lots of jewels i hope! The more the merrier, and I do think that HRH can carry off anything. The Rod Stewart song, "You Wear it Well," could have been written for her don't you think?

German mass media is full of reports that Camilla at the moment is already in the Caribbean (Antigua) together with Andrew Parker Bowles and his wife Rosemary...

German mass media is full of reports that Camilla at the moment is already in the Caribbean (Antigua) together with Andrew Parker Bowles and his wife Rosemary...

This story is true, i think, although the article about it ( i posted it in the ´Camilla current events´ thread) is from the D.... Mail.
It seems that the whole Parker Bowles family ( Andrew, Rosemary, Tom, Sarah, Lola, Laura, Harry, Eliza....and Camilla) spend some days together on Antigua before Camilla will be reunited with her husband for the offical Carribean tour on Montay.

This story is true, i think, although the article about it ( i posted it in the ´Camilla current events´ thread) is from the D.... Mail.
It seems that the whole Parker Bowles family ( Andrew, Rosemary, Tom, Sarah, Lola, Laura, Harry, Eliza....and Camilla) spend some days together on Antigua before Camilla will be reunited with her husband for the offical Carribean tour on Montay.
I think it is a chance to have family time with the children and the grandchildren, out of the media spotlight. This is the sort of relationship one hopes to see when couples divorce, IMO. :flowers:

Royal Yacht docks in Scarborough
March 2

The Royal Yacht, Leander, currently docked in the Scarborough Port will be used by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to sail between Trinidad and Tobago.The vessel reportedly arrived on the island yesterday morning.
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

Climate on Prince´s agenda
March 3

PRINCE CHARLES’ passion for the environment could well dominate his visit to this country this week, as he is carded to discuss climate change, eco-friendly business practices and coral reef preservation as he meets with politicians, businessmen and environmentalists here at the start of his whirlwind Caribbean tour.
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

I am so glad that they enjoy traveling the world together! :flowers:

The Independent is criticizing him for traveling by a yacht, but I think they would have done as much criticizing of him if he had traveled by plane. How is he to get there? He can't win. The article actually calls Camilla's former husband Peter Parker Bowles. haha but surprising for a serious paper to make such a mistake....

Prince faces climate change dilemma over cruise - Green Living, Environment - Independent.co.uk

By Jonathan Brown
Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Clarence House has pointed out that hiring the yacht would not only ease the strains on the public purse, having apparently negotiated a hefty discount from Leander's owner, the NCP tycoon Donald Goslin, on his usual £40,000-a-day charter cost, but it would be good for the environment too. The Prince's staff had calculated that by using the yacht, plus taking schedule flights and even sending Camilla to the airport by Gatwick Express, would also rack up a 40 per cent reduction in the amount of carbon emissions compared with the last royal trip to the region in 2000.
But there is a slight flaw in Charles's dreams of a guilt-free Caribbean odyssey: experts are warning that, far from minimising the tour's carbon footprint, his chosen method of transport could do more damage to the environment than several hundred transatlantic flights....

Last edited:
I'll never understand why the Queen didn't just buy Britannia. She could afford it and she obviously missed it and this is where it would come in handy.

Camilla looks radiant. Very relaxed, very professional. And I love the parasol.

Yesterday Richard Kay stated that actually Andrew & his present wife were in London & nowhere near Antigua, where Camilla was enjoying a long weekend with her son, daughter-in-law and baby Lola. Kay made no mention of the fact that the original false story had been published by the Mail's sister paper the London Evening Standard!! But then that's typical of the brazen lies published by the Associated Newspaper Group that runs the Mail/Evening Standard.

Has anybody else seen the BBC News report from Port of Spain by Nick Davis? It is strewn with errors. It claims that both Charles and Camilla flew from Britain to T&T and finishes by asking any Caribbean holidaymakers in the region to send the BBC any photographs of the "Prince and Duchess of York"!!!

Yesterday Richard Kay stated that actually Andrew & his present wife were in London & nowhere near Antigua, where Camilla was enjoying a long weekend with her son, daughter-in-law and baby Lola. Kay made no mention of the fact that the original false story had been published by the Mail's sister paper the London Evening Standard!! But then that's typical of the brazen lies published by the Associated Newspaper Group that runs the Mail/Evening Standard.

Do you have a link to this???

I usually read Richard Kay column online and his last column was on February 29.I just checked again. Camilla wasn't mentioned. I must have missed one. What day was it in? Although I did think it was slightly strange Andrew and Rosemary had gone with Camilla.

I really don't like her dress. It is way to plain and doesn't flatter anything. the umbrella is beautiful though.

Yeah, that dress isn't very flattering.

Well it is very hot there (unlike England where it's -3) so she wants something loose. The grand gowns might come out later but as a simple day/travel dress I think it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom