Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean - March 3-14, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the Royals, I think I enjoy Camilla and Charles the most. I think she has class.
And so what if she was tired? Can you imagine making a statement like that and having someone use it against you? Sheesh...we all get tired. Not that the Mail has in credibility, just shows how insipid that publication is.
Camilla and Charles have loved each other for a long time. I'm happy that they can be together.

The D.... Mail only has to change the name of the locations ...every time the royal couple is abroad they first publish a report that Camilla is too lazy to join the Prince doing the duties and second they try to tell us that Camilla is too exhausted and feels not well on the tour...:bang:
The curious thing is: Where are all these pics of a happy and relaxed Camilla are from?
Maybe we see another royal tour than the gossip magazine?:rolleyes:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Oh indeed! Poor Camilla looks entirely WASHED OUT by the trip! :D

No, George Maxwell Richards, 4th President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is the Head of State. The Queen is only Head of the Commonwealth in this instance.

Really? I thought we still owned them. Oh well....another two bite the dust.

Camilla purple(?) outfit was gorgeous. :flowers:
Even if the article about her was true, I understand her, official trips are not always fun, and royals/politicians may feel tired, weather might be bad, making them even more tired. It's just life.
But from other posters comments I think that story might be totally made up, no surprise here, isn't it what tabloids are doing all the time to increase sales?:rolleyes:

Ah! Thank you!:flowers:

No probs, Russ...;)

If that's not Imperialistic snobbery I don't know what is...If you even contemplate saying that when Australia eventually becomes a Republic I will find you and slap you silly...:ohmy::ermm::neutral::lol:

Trinidad and Tobago aren't indavidual nation's, rather, are the two larger islands in what is an archipelagic state. There are a further 21 smaller islands which are territorial protectorates.

Last edited:
I wouldn't judge Camilla based on a probably inaccurate story in the Daily Mail. The pictures we've seen show the validity of their story - or lack thereof. Even if she is tired she isn't showing it.

Cat

Absolutely even if the DM story is true (which I highly doubt) then she IS showing class because as LadyCat says she is doing a good job of covering it up

But please, next time don´t forget to mention that she´s lazy too...

Of course: She's also evil, nasty, ugly, dirty,alcoholic, sponsor of a doomed ship, use botox, has a cancer, want to divorce with Charles, killed Diana...I think she used to eat children some times ago too....:rolleyes:

Sorry guys, I just deleted some responses to a post that I thought I deleted last night. The original poster was notified via pm.

I couldn't understand why everyone was going over the same comment this morning when I thought it was gone!

Silly me! :lol:

Of all google media sources that reported about the trip recently, only two talked about the fact that Charles does more engegments than Camilla during the trip. Which ones? Come on, is this a question? :ROFLMAO:

At least the Di Express said that as an explanation:
On other occasions, she will return to the boat for a meal while Charles works through lunch, or go back to the yacht because she needs more time to get ready than her husband.
"There are several occasions when she needs to get back to the boat, such as a State dinner, to give her more time to prepare. A lady needs more time to get ready than a man," a senior royal aide said.
(End of quote)

That leaves only the D... Mail. I'd say: forget about it.

Of all google media sources that reported about the trip recently, only two talked about the fact that Charles does more engegments than Camilla during the trip. Which ones? Come on, is this a question? :ROFLMAO:

At least the Di Express said that as an explanation:
On other occasions, she will return to the boat for a meal while Charles works through lunch, or go back to the yacht because she needs more time to get ready than her husband.
"There are several occasions when she needs to get back to the boat, such as a State dinner, to give her more time to prepare. A lady needs more time to get ready than a man," a senior royal aide said.
(End of quote)

That leaves only the D... Mail. I'd say: forget about it.
Makes sense to me! Women definitely need more time to get ready for an event. Men have it sooooo easy <sigh>. I am loving Camilla's evening wear. The purple and the green/teal were smashing! Such style! Such class!

Cat

More new pics from Abaca
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall get caught in heavy rainfall as they visit Port Soufriere on the island of St Lucia, on March 7, 2008 during their tour of the Caribbean. Day four.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
More from yesterday
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Why are they still referring to her as Camilla Parker-Bowles here? I find that annoying--she is married to the PoW and is The Duchess of Cornwall. Can't people figure that out that her name has changed becaus she remarried? Once again, just people trying to supplant her role. I find it incredibly annoying!

Secondly--I have to say that I love how Camilla whips out her camera when she Charles visit other countries. I think it is charming and down to earth--two of the qualities I admire most about her. I also am enjoying her fashion on this trip--she always manages to look both elegant and comfortable at the same time. A true Duchess of Cornwall--not Windsor as Hello stated; interesting that a magazine dedicated to royals really doesn't have a clue about who holds what titles? They need to come to The Royal Forums and find a little knowledge.

Last edited:
Charles and Camilla and blacks and other people of color.

I am seeing a bias not on this website but in the newspaper coverage of this trip. I think that Charles and Camilla would have had more coverage and more positive coverage if they had gone to Slovenia or Russia than to the 'bannana republics'. The photos in rex features and the islands newspapers show that Camilla has been at most functions and has reached out to the people and children especially and they really LIKE her. The royal couple also was well received at the Jesus Church, Chinatown, Turkey, etc. I read some degoratory remarks about this on serveral other webstites. Prince Charles has always seemed to be interested in and reached out to other cultures. Camilla also seems to reach out (maybe that's just her outgoing personality). Being upperclass white people they don't have to do this nor is it expected. It is a nice surprise. Politically it is a smart move given the changing 'complexion' of our world. No she is not Diana , who was also very outgoing, but she has her own unique charm.
I am not trying to sound racist but these are my observations as an African-American with Caribbean relatives and friends.:flowers:

Being upperclass white people they don't have to do this nor is it expected. It is a nice surprise. Politically it is a smart move given the changing 'complexion' of our world.
I am not trying to sound racist but these are my observations as an African-American with Caribbean relatives and friends.:flowers:
Your post left me feeling sad, that even in this day and age, to some it comes down to skin colour, (I don't mean you). I would imagine they see people as people, rather than white, black or whatever. Many here may complain about losing their local schools to faith schools, or being forced out of the housing market by incomers, but that can also apply to small communities where the local youngsters are forced out by well paid workers from the South. As with every race, colour and religion, you get nice people and nasty people. :flowers:

seeing color

Your post left me feeling sad, that even in this day and age, to some it comes down to skin colour, (I don't mean you). I would imagine they see people as people, rather than white, black or whatever. Many here may complain about losing their local schools to faith schools, or being forced out of the housing market by incomers, but that can also apply to small communities where the local youngsters are forced out by well paid workers from the South. As with every race, colour and religion, you get nice people and nasty people. :flowers:

I think they do 'see color' I think from what I have read about Prince Charles since I was 12-he is able to celebrate all colors, cultures, and religions. It is sad that he is attacked for this. The world is a rich tapestry. Let's celebrate it. :wub:

I think they do 'see color' I think from what I have read about Prince Charles since I was 12-he is able to celebrate all colors, cultures, and religions. It is sad that he is attacked for this. The world is a rich tapestry. Let's celebrate it. :wub:
When I was in St. Louis last year I got called a racial slur. I thought it rather funny because it never happened before. I think I would be changing my mind if it happened all the time. It is sad that people still see color instead of people. I like it that Charles and Camilla are very friendly with everyone!

No tiara this trip but hopefully we'll see one at the French state banquet.

When they pack the jewels when going over seas, does some guard come with them or something?

Royals in town
March 13

Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, Charles and Camilla, arrived in the island approximately 10:10 a.m. yesterday.

Jamaica Gleaner News - Royals in Town - Thursday | March 13, 2008

´This could not miss me´
March 13

Skipping work to witness the visit of Their Royal Highnesses certainly paid off for Tamara Johnson, a resident of Rose Town in Kingston. Charles, Prince of Wales, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, toured the community yesterday as part of their visit to the island.

Jamaica Gleaner News - 'This could not miss me' - Thursday | March 13, 2008

Fotobanka isifa image service

They were just on the news The Today Show! It does look like they are having a great time in the Caribbean. And Camilla I must say looks radiant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom