Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean - March 3-14, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see that Hello called her the "Duchess of Windsor" - had quite a chuckle about it... ;)

How weird. They write about her frequently enough, and using correct reference, to make it a most surprising blunder. Oh well.

One of the best moments so far for me was Charles batting at cricket. I love seeing him do it. In August 2007 at Robert Clack School he also had a go at cricket and it was quite fun. He's so self-effacing by nature, but he does not do himself credit when it's due. He is not bad with the bat. At least he hits the ball, which is much more than I could do. ;)

Updated gallery
Caribbean tour of Prince Charles and Camilla - a photoset on Flickr

Thank you to all of you who posted articles and pics!:flowers:

KINGSTON, (JIS)
Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Kingston Restoration Company (KRC), along with the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, will be raising approximately US$4 million over the next two years to help fund different developmental projects in the Rose Town community.

Prince's Foundation to Help Raise US$4 Million for Rose Town Development - Jamaica Information Service

Visiting the home of reggae legend Bob Marley in the West Indies this week, Prince Charles found himself trying his hand at bongo drumming.

Charles becomes 'Prince of Wailers' on Jamaican tour

Just saw the bongo soundbyte on the news! It was great fun! Good to see the royal couple having fun. Camilla was a good sport...and I am sure in her mind she must have been thinking "Oh, the things I do for England!"

That is so cool she's got a parasol! I want one!
She looks so much better in pattered dresses than I ever could! :ohmy:

Prince Charles urges J'can private sector to help protect environment
Saturday, March 15, 2008

BRITAIN'S Prince Charles yesterday urged the private sector to take a greater interest in protecting the local environment.

Prince Charles urges J'can private sector to help protect environment - JAMAICAOBSERVER.COM

Jamaica said goodbye to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with a beating the retreat event full of pomp and ceremony.

The Press Association: Jamaica farewell to royal visitors

Actually I think there is a fair bit of truth in the Daily Mail article and I can well believe that there is now Trouble in Paradise.:ohmy:

The only sources i have are the pics from the trip and there i see a happy, relaxed couple who always exchange smiles and who seem to care for each other and to be comfortable with their togetherness.

Maybe you can tell your source (expect of the D.... Mail article)?

Actually I think there is a fair bit of truth in the Daily Mail article and I can well believe that there is now Trouble in Paradise.:ohmy:

So how do you explain all the photos on the web & in the Carribean press of them exchanging beaming smiles and whispering to each other. They're all fake are they - Fabulous Fake?

Some pis of the doomed couple....
Ohhh yes the marriage is cleary on the rocks.....and the tour obviously a disaster....

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

A cold welcome...

Omg they seem soooo sad...

You seem so tired and upset Ma'm...

"i hate you"

"Trouble in Paradise": that's obvious

No hope i fear...

The D.... Mail must be seeing different photos than I've seen. Where do they get this drivel? I had to laugh the entire time I was reading the article. What utter rubbish!!!!!

Cat

This piece of fiction gave me such a good giggle, desperate or what! :ROFLMAO:
lol-049.gif

Some pis of the doomed couple....
Ohhh yes the marriage is cleary on the rocks.....and the tour obviously a disaster....

Thank you Nico, you´ve done a great job!:flowers::ROFLMAO:

Nico, you make me laugh! Fantastic post!

As for the Daily Mail article--let's just say there is a bit of truth in the whole being together on the yacht for so long--big deal. I love my husband, he's wonderful and treats me like I'm the most important thing in the world to him--but when we go on vacation for a week to a cottage by the beach, well, I have to say he can drive me crazy and I need to get away-- That is true of all married couples--they all need their space and alone time. But, to suggest that the marriage is on the rocks is really silly, and Camilla has every right to go on little mini-vacations by herself, just as Charles does. I think, personally, that it just gets Kay's goat that Camilla has become as popular and sought-after as she has and he is just trying to mess up what is a happy home and marriage with two mature, loving, yet independent individuals. Their marriage seems to work because they respect each others needs.
Incidentally, he criticized Camilla's need to get away from the heat--well, whoop-di-do. I know that the heat tires me out quite easily. Let her nap and relax and not splash it on, ahem, the news.

As for the Daily Mail article--let's just say there is a bit of truth in the whole being together on the yacht for so long--big deal.

I agree jcbcode99, that also in a happy marriage everyone needs his own space - but fact is that´s not what that tabloid wants to tell us.
The wish of this journalist is only to paint a bad pic of Camilla and a worse one of Charles.
I´m sure Kay has no real sources for the things he tries to tell us. No friends or aides of the royals would chat about the couple´s private life. Friends of C&C stay always silent and aides would fear the consequences for their job.

But i would like to go with Skydragon and laugh about the D....Mail gossip.:whistling::ROFLMAO:

Hahaha Nico thanks for the laugh!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wasn't sure whether to post it or not it's such utter drivel . Actually found it by accident , a friend sent me a link to a "totally unrelated to royalty" story and the link to that story was on the same page

Living in Australia we get less news of the trip I guess but there are always snippets on the news/in the paper and absolutely nothing unfavourable has been reported from what I've seen, the clips always show them smiling/shaking hands/playing the bongos( that was hilarious) they are just glowing and having a fabulous time from the looks of it.

Hahaha Nico thanks for the laugh!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wasn't sure whether to post it or not it's such utter drivel . Actually found it by accident , a friend sent me a link to a "totally unrelated to royalty" story and the link to that story was on the same page

Living in Australia we get less news of the trip I guess but there are always snippets on the news/in the paper and absolutely nothing unfavourable has been reported from what I've seen, the clips always show them smiling/shaking hands/playing the bongos( that was hilarious) they are just glowing and having a fabulous time from the looks of it.
According to the 'article' Camilla has either been too tired and miserable or on the telephone, the entire trip.

Does it matter if they have small separate holidays, there is nothing I like more than to have a break with my female friends and I am certain Mr S also enjoys his time spent with his male friends. That to me speaks of a happy and accepting marriage, secure in the love they have for one another, they each allow the other 'their space'. :wub:

From that article:
"Oh dear. No one told the Duchess of Cornwall just how suffocating life at sea in a relatively confined space with the Prince of Wales was going to be."

Oh dear, indeed. It's not as if Camilla had never before been "in a relatively confined space with the Prince of Wales".... If she is used to something, than that!:D:ROFLMAO:

And did you see the second pic in the article and which comment the D... Mail gave? Quite the joke...:lol::lol::lol:

It's amazing to me how grumpy, unrested and just downright miserable Camilla appeared while in the Caribbean! :ohmy: The latest D---- Mail story is just as laughable. It seems Camilla doesn't want to go skiing with Charles at Klosters after being forced to endure his company on the Leander for over a week.

Camilla says NO to annual Klosters skiing trip and the Royal 'hangers-on' | the Daily Mail

Gee, she doesn't ski and has 2 grandchildren she wants to spend time with, sounds like a no-brainer to me! Still, the story was good for a chuckle with my coffee this morning.:lol:

Cat

Lady Cat,

Couldn't resist checking out the D Mail article. If they can't get their wedding anniversary correct (April 9, not April 8), :doh::rolleyes: how could anyone begin to believe any of their speculative comments. :bang::bang:

Leander charter

I realize that this thread has been dormant for some time, but I have felt that the charter of the Motor Yacht Leander was really stretching the point when Clarence House claimed that Charles will use 40 per cent less carbon dioxide than he did on an almost identical itinerary by air eight years ago. Great care has been taken to explain away the trip in carbon footprint terms because of royal fears that the use of the Leander might be interpreted as more of a holiday jaunt than an official tour.

The argument seems ridiculous to me. The queen chartered the Hebridean Princess for her 80th birthday party at her own expense, and again in 2010. The 67 year old former car ferry is a fitting for the Queen who expects luxury without extreme ostentation.

I thought that Charles sent a very bad message by chartering the Leander. He followed it up with two jet charters for £655,674 pounds (to Asia) , and £645,127 (to South America). He also took an overnight domestic charter from London to Belfast for £33,400.

Although I think that in general the royal family is well worth their cost, in these cases the Prince of Wales stepped over the line from concerns for security, efficiency, and regal appearances to ostentation.

I would like to see him set an example by leasing high end turboprops for domestic travel.

If he is chartering a ship for official travel, it should be more on the order of the Hebridean Princess, not one of the most luxurious vessels in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could nto agree more. It's extremely hypocritical. Rather like taking a private jet to pick up an award for being green, Which Charles also did.

I could nto agree more. It's extremely hypocritical. Rather like taking a private jet to pick up an award for being green, Which Charles also did.

I don't think that we as outsiders to the reasons why Charles chose the Leander can use this decision to claim he is hypocritical. But of course if he couldnt with all he has done in the last decades convince you or others that he really cares for the environment, then its your privilege to think so. I personally think that it's not hypocritical but human to overstep a line now and then. Even the most serious fighter against famine in the world sometimes eats more than he should... That's how we humans are.

Point 1: The previous Caribbean trip was not the same. It didn't include a visit to Monserrat island which doesn't have an airport large enough to take a commercial jet.
Point 2: The Hebridean Princess is a former roll-on roll-off channel ferry it couldn't even get across the Atlantic let alone around the Caribbean!!!
Point 3: The Yank broadcasters are presently complaining that due to Prince Charles#s campaign against climate change the floodlights on Buckingham Palace are due to be swiched off at midnight UK time evening US time & are trying to bully Palace officials into keeping them on. Thus the UK taxpayer will have to pay for the US non-taxpayer's benefit/ I thought the War of Independence in 1776 was about not paying tax? It cuts both ways you know!!!

Curious timing to be resurrecting an issue (if it ever was) that's three years old. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom