Charles and Camilla: Visit to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India - March 20-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos. Just love it! So happy to Charles and Camilla showing affection to each other. They are a perfect match.

Charles really does loves her, and I am glad that they are finally be together. You can really see it in the pictures. :)

Did Camilla borrow her wardrobe from the Queen for this trip? The dress she wore on the first day was dowdy! And the Blue outfit today-Did she get that in K-mart? Her best outfit so far was the pants outfit at the mosque.;

I saw the blue outfit in the L.L. Bean catalogue last season. I swear...

Stanwix said:
What happened last night? No official functions? No photo ops?

Boy, they look hot today. Right out of an Agatha Christie movie.

He, don`t ask what happened last night...;) Seems it was a romantic little hotel...:D

Ew, Ew. Now you got me imagining it. Not something I cared for. I cant wait to see them tomorrow. It should be an emotional day for Camilla. They will visit the battlefield for her father was wounded and captured.

Princejohnny25 said:
It should be an emotional day for Camilla. They will visit the battlefield for her father was wounded and captured.

can you tell me a bout her father story , please ?

Well I dont know much but I will look it up. Her father is a World War II hero. I dont know much but I know that he was wounded and captured by the enemy in Al-Alemain???? dont know how to spell that. I will try to find out more and post it.

qui mal y pense said:
Did Camilla borrow her wardrobe from the Queen for this trip? The dress she wore on the first day was dowdy! And the Blue outfit today-Did she get that in K-mart? Her best outfit so far was the pants outfit at the mosque.;

I agree. That outfit is awful on her and he certainly looks ridiculous. The hat is ghastly, but she wear's many a ghastly hat. That they love each other is very nice. She has to try very hard because she is always followed by a ghost. She is hardly a "fashion icon", as her predecessor was, but I think she really has no choice, but to wear what she is told will look well.

Bemused workers welcome Camilla to the shop floor

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-2100415,00.html

Is a size 12 normal? Just curious.
She cant even speak their laungage but she somehow manages to have a conversation and get along with them well. She is very outgoing and down to earth. Good qualities.

Last edited:
English size 12 (assuming it even exists any more after having to go metric) is equivalent to American size 10.

redfox6 said:
She is hardly a "fashion icon", as her predecessor was,

Diana wasn't "fashion icon". I am to young to remember her but I saw the pictures and I don't understand why people keep calling her "pretty" or "fashion icon". Her clothes were very funny and certainly not classy.

AgnesK said:
Diana wasn't "fashion icon". I am to young to remember her but I saw the pictures and I don't understand why people keep calling her "pretty" or "fashion icon". Her clothes were very funny and certainly not classy.

probably your age is the reason why you don't understand. I was told that it's the truest sign for ageing if you see someone wearing the same fashion clothes that you wore when you were young and you think: how ridiculous...
It's happening to me all the time these last years as I was a teenage in the seventies and can't understand why I loved these clothes then... :)

But - Diana's clothes were very fashionable and "classy" then - they were not in the classic style (even though she wore some pretty classical patterns, materials and styles) but that was what women wanted to wear in her time, the eighties and nineties of the last century. I'm sure if she still was alive she would still find new designers to work for her and introduce a new style for maturing women (she would be in her mid-fourties after all).

As for Camilla (to come back on-topic): I personally like what she is wearing. It's a difficult task to represent a western country at the moment in islamic countries and she is really trying to fit in. Plus she is not longer so very young so has a right to look more for comfort then style. She does IMHO a good job to be like the Romans when in Rome. And the light colours are good for her while there is no danger to outshine her husband. Well done!

Let's stop the comparisons between Camilla and Diana. Diana's trip to Egypt was at a different time and the world is a very different place today, especially in Egypt.

redfox6 said:
I agree. That outfit is awful on her and he certainly looks ridiculous. The hat is ghastly, but she wear's many a ghastly hat. That they love each other is very nice.

Lets be honest, it wouldn't matter to some of you if she was awarded the Miss World title, fashion icon of the year title or anything else, you would still find something to gripe about.:(

She was well dressed in a very pretty outfit, with a functional hat. He was appropriatly dressed as an English gentleman. :)

Skydragon said:
She was well dressed in a very pretty outfit, with a functional hat. He was appropriatly dressed as an English gentleman. :)
Yes, I totally agree with you. Though the outfit wasn't her greatest and the hat was quite ugly, I thought by myself: oh well, it's not like someone has to be ashamed of her, she is looking quite fine and it looks like it's awfully hot over there, so she may be excused. Hard to be extremely smart and elegant when it's 40 degrees outside. I love the pictures (thanks to all who posted them), seeing them struggling with the hot temperatures. Reminds me of myself when I'm on holiday and want to visit some interesting and historical places when it actually is way too hot and I'd better go looking for a swimming pool or a beach. Next time I bring an umbrella like Camilla's. Too cute for words! I loved it! :)

Agree

I do agree. Don´t be so hard on Camilla! She isn´t a young model. When she is commissioned by her Country it´s much more important how she has appeared as a person. And it seem to all appearances she fulfil comply with all requirements filled with joy.

I thought Camilla looked fine but honestly I wasn't looking at her fashion statement.

This trip to Egypt has produced some of the most breathtaking photos from a royal visit that I've seen for quite some time.

Several members are right, it looks straight from an Agatha Christie novel. The awe-inspriring scenery, the atmosphere, the native clothing all make for a spectacular event.

I'm very glad they made this trip.

Camilla prefers to classical royal dressing code but Diana preferred to fashion styles. When Diana aged, she may have chosen some classical designs as well. I like the way Camilla dresses herself because she wears suitable cloths for herself with her age and her position. Camilla is a traditional person and it is not surprised to her tastes as classical styles.

No more about Diana please.
Back to Charles and Camilla in Egypt.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

TRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales lay a wreath during a visit to the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetry on the fifth day of their 12 day official tour visiting Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India, on March 24, 2006 in El Alamein, Egypt

From polfoto

Attachments

• AP700996_guest.jpg
    AP700996_guest.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 261
  • AP701003_guest.jpg
    AP701003_guest.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 206
  • AP701004_guest.jpg
    AP701004_guest.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 215
  • AP701008_guest.jpg
    AP701008_guest.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Lovely pictures. The Duchess looks really nice. I like the Marilyn Monroe pic. She seems to have gotten emotional. Understandable of coarse. Many of her fathers men died and her father himself nearly died.

I think that she looks very nice. She is not 20 or even 30 something. She is doing great.

Is she crying?:( Very emotional. Is it a friend of the family, where she is laying flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom