The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Uk Press

Old 03-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The duchess really knows how to represent her country with style!

Old 03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Nobility

The wedge shoes are very trendy, but I don't like the way these look. Usually the wedge heels are in a more informal shoe style, so it looks strange to me (and not very attractive) to see them with a close toe shoe and a formal jacket.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
The wedge shoes are very trendy, but I don't like the way these look. Usually the wedge heels are in a more informal shoe style, so it looks strange to me (and not very attractive) to see them with a close toe shoe and a formal jacket.
I'm afraid they are the shoe of the moment in London, always closed toe for formal daytime shoes.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Horse sanctuary on royal agenda

A visit to a sanctuary for mistreated horses was on the agenda for Prince Charles and his wife as they continued their tour of Egypt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4832764.stm
Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Today Camilla wore a green suit. It is the same one that she wore to Prince Williams graduation and to church in California. She is also wearing the same type of shoes she wore on the first day but in beige. I dont know much about shoes. Are they coming in style or something. So far they have been feeding animals on a farm.
No, that`s only the jacket from Williams graduation. The rest is completly new. But she wore this jacket not very often, so it`s a nice look.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

more pics of Charles and Camilla in Egypt.
source - getty images

1. I love Camilla's shoes, in the pics posted below.
2. At first I thought Charles is actually riding one of those horses. I mean it looked like that at first glance. :o
3. Camilla's yesterday's dress was WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57154697.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	233930   Click image for larger version

Name:	57154699.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	233931   Click image for larger version

Name:	57154702.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	233932   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155089.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	233933  

Name:	57155090.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	233934   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155194.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	233935  
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that maybe Camilla wears that particular kind of shoes in Egypt, because apart from being trendy, they are also more comfortable. Egypt is not exactly famous for its smooth roads.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I thought that maybe Camilla wears that particular kind of shoes in Egypt, because apart from being trendy, they are also more comfortable. Egypt is not exactly famous for its smooth roads.
Okay, I'll give her a break on the shoes (which I don't particulary like ). But when it comes to the rest, Camilla looked wonderful, she's one stylish lady!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Okay, I'll give her a break on the shoes (which I don't particulary like ). But when it comes to the rest, Camilla looked wonderful, she's one stylish lady!
Oh, I don't like the shoes but, they are fashionable!:) She does look marvelous!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Oh, I don't like the shoes but, they are fashionable!:) She does look marvelous!
I guess I don't like everything that's fashionable. (It's been fashionable to put your pants in your boots too for a long time, so I tried it once and thought it was rather uncomfortable. I dind't give in to fashion that time and I'm not going to now :p). But you're right, she really does look marvelous. I'm quite curious what their visit will bring us the next few days. It certainly is lovely to see so much of them!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Wedge Sandal
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/m.../efwedge22.xml

Classy Camilla evokes echoes of Diana
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...55E912,00.html
Old 03-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Today Camilla wore a green suit. It is the same one that she wore to Prince Williams graduation and to church in California. She is also wearing the same type of shoes she wore on the first day but in beige. I dont know much about shoes. Are they coming in style or something. So far they have been feeding animals on a farm.

Close Princejohnny25, it is the same jacket she wore to the garden party at Buckingham Palace, but the dress underneath is different. The jacket at Prince William's graduation had full length sleeves.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Nobility

I'm looking forward to their visit to saudi arabia as I used to live there and am anxious to see where they will be going.Maybe Camilla will do a spot of shopping at the Saks Fifth Ave in Riyadh.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm afraid they are the shoe of the moment in London, always closed toe for formal daytime shoes.
I love the wedge shoe (can't wait for Spring/Summer to the hit the US East Coast) and they look great on the Duchess. Yes, I am thinking that by wearing them she is being more practical then trendy.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Royal Highness

I am just a little surprise by how short the Duchess' skirts/dresses are. With the exception of the outfit she wore to the mosque, the other day dresses/suits could pass for visiting any Western cities. I wonder if the skirts will be longer when she goes to Saudi Arabia.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its not legs that matter so much as arms and neck in the middle east. Though they shouldnt be short skirts or shorts its ok to show your legs if your a western women. I am also intrested in how she will dress in Saudi Arabia.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles charms students at new university

Cairo - Prince Charles inaugurated Egypt's newest private university on Wednesday, charming students at the British-affiliated school.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?s...3062463332B221
Old 03-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visit a temple on the fourth day of their 12 day official tour visiting Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India, on March 23, 2006 in Siwa, Egypt. The visits provide an opportunity to support the UK's international contribution and profile, with key themes to promote better understanding and tolerance between faiths, supporting environmental and conservation initiatives, and encouraging sustainable employment and training opportunities for young people.

from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	234022   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	234023   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	234024   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	234025  

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	234026   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	234027   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	234028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	234029  

Name:	9.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	234030   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	234031  
Old 03-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not the best look of Camilla IMO. Though I do like the umbrella. Very victorian. Not a fan of her hat either.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, egypt, india, prince charles, prince of wales, saudi arabia