Charles and Camilla: Visit to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India - March 20-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The duchess really knows how to represent her country with style!

The wedge shoes are very trendy, but I don't like the way these look. Usually the wedge heels are in a more informal shoe style, so it looks strange to me (and not very attractive) to see them with a close toe shoe and a formal jacket.

ap3 said:
The wedge shoes are very trendy, but I don't like the way these look. Usually the wedge heels are in a more informal shoe style, so it looks strange to me (and not very attractive) to see them with a close toe shoe and a formal jacket.

I'm afraid they are the shoe of the moment in London, always closed toe for formal daytime shoes.

Princejohnny25 said:
Today Camilla wore a green suit. It is the same one that she wore to Prince Williams graduation and to church in California. She is also wearing the same type of shoes she wore on the first day but in beige. I dont know much about shoes. Are they coming in style or something. So far they have been feeding animals on a farm.

No, that`s only the jacket from Williams graduation. The rest is completly new. But she wore this jacket not very often, so it`s a nice look.

more pics of Charles and Camilla in Egypt.
source - getty images

1. I love Camilla's shoes, in the pics posted below.
2. At first I thought Charles is actually riding one of those horses. I mean it looked like that at first glance.:D :eek:
3. Camilla's yesterday's dress was WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I love it!

Attachments

• 57154699.jpg
    57154699.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 57154702.jpg
    57154702.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 248
  • 57155089.jpg
    57155089.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 299
  • 57155090.jpg
    57155090.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 57155194.jpg
    57155194.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 57154697.jpg
    57154697.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
I thought that maybe Camilla wears that particular kind of shoes in Egypt, because apart from being trendy, they are also more comfortable. Egypt is not exactly famous for its smooth roads.

Avalon said:
I thought that maybe Camilla wears that particular kind of shoes in Egypt, because apart from being trendy, they are also more comfortable. Egypt is not exactly famous for its smooth roads.

Okay, I'll give her a break on the shoes (which I don't particulary like ;)). But when it comes to the rest, Camilla looked wonderful, she's one stylish lady!

Maxie said:
Okay, I'll give her a break on the shoes (which I don't particulary like ;)). But when it comes to the rest, Camilla looked wonderful, she's one stylish lady!

Oh, I don't like the shoes but, they are fashionable!:) She does look marvelous!

Skydragon said:
Oh, I don't like the shoes but, they are fashionable!:) She does look marvelous!

I guess I don't like everything that's fashionable. (It's been fashionable to put your pants in your boots too for a long time, so I tried it once and thought it was rather uncomfortable. I dind't give in to fashion that time and I'm not going to now :p). But you're right, she really does look marvelous. I'm quite curious what their visit will bring us the next few days. It certainly is lovely to see so much of them!

Princejohnny25 said:
Today Camilla wore a green suit. It is the same one that she wore to Prince Williams graduation and to church in California. She is also wearing the same type of shoes she wore on the first day but in beige. I dont know much about shoes. Are they coming in style or something. So far they have been feeding animals on a farm.

Close Princejohnny25, it is the same jacket she wore to the garden party at Buckingham Palace, but the dress underneath is different. The jacket at Prince William's graduation had full length sleeves.

I'm looking forward to their visit to saudi arabia as I used to live there and am anxious to see where they will be going.Maybe Camilla will do a spot of shopping at the Saks Fifth Ave in Riyadh.

Skydragon said:
I'm afraid they are the shoe of the moment in London, always closed toe for formal daytime shoes.

I love the wedge shoe (can't wait for Spring/Summer to the hit the US East Coast) and they look great on the Duchess. Yes, I am thinking that by wearing them she is being more practical then trendy.

I am just a little surprise by how short the Duchess' skirts/dresses are. With the exception of the outfit she wore to the mosque, the other day dresses/suits could pass for visiting any Western cities. I wonder if the skirts will be longer when she goes to Saudi Arabia.

Its not legs that matter so much as arms and neck in the middle east. Though they shouldnt be short skirts or shorts its ok to show your legs if your a western women. I am also intrested in how she will dress in Saudi Arabia.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visit a temple on the fourth day of their 12 day official tour visiting Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India, on March 23, 2006 in Siwa, Egypt. The visits provide an opportunity to support the UK's international contribution and profile, with key themes to promote better understanding and tolerance between faiths, supporting environmental and conservation initiatives, and encouraging sustainable employment and training opportunities for young people.

from getty

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 476
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 258
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 201
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Not the best look of Camilla IMO. Though I do like the umbrella. Very victorian. Not a fan of her hat either.

More images from getty

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, (C) sits with Egyptian seamstresses during a visit with her husband Britain's Prince Charles the Siwa Oasis 23 March 2006

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 215
Thank You for the pictures fanletizia, the last picture in post 80 shows how much Charles and Camilla love each other, I think.
The parasol is beautiful but, I can understand why she swapped to such a sensible hat.

What a cool day for the Prince and Duchess. Nice to see them arm and arm. They never hold hands so its nice to see that affection. I like how camilla sat down with the other ladies. Show how down to earth she is and doesnt care if she gets her clothes dirty.

Absolutely lovely! The Prince and Duchess look like an elegant couple strolling out of a film from past times, looking very relaxed with each other and the things around them.

Its does remind me of the early 1900's when upper class Brits use to come to Egypt to holiday.

What happened last night? No official functions? No photo ops?

Boy, they look hot today. Right out of an Agatha Christie movie.

Princejohnny25 said:
Not the best look of Camilla IMO. Though I do like the umbrella. Very victorian. Not a fan of her hat either.

I think the top and skirt matched perfectly, spot on you could say.:) The hat style is designed to allow air to flow around your head and shade you from the worst of the sun.
Sometimes you have to have the sense to forget fashion and go for stylish comfort. I should think they were both suffering in the heat! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom