Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Yes she did....hate be the one to tell you that.

Let's have a little bit of proof shall we? When did HM The Queen say, "Hello All, Don't bother to curtsey to me anymore - I'm only the Queen and it'll save the wear on your corsets" ?

She may have pointed out that people were not curtseying etc and so to give an option wouldn't look like a snub to her, but a choice that you had anyway. But I missed the Letters Patent that commanded all who hear it that they need not show deference to the Sovereign.

I find it most interesting to think respect only needs to go one way when another person's future head of state visits another country.

But when certain people visit their country, it seems NO respect or deference should be shown...

I thought it worked both ways....stupid yankee me....

Re:

Which certain people?

Re:

It isn't. Who do you mean by 'certain people'?

Princejonnhy25 said:
The US media is calling them Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla. Some are even calling her Princess Camilla. Princess Camilla has a nice sound. Is it appropiate to call her Duchess Camilla. Is that even correct.

I noticed that The Today Show referred to her as "Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall", echoing the divorced form of "Diana, Princess of Wales." They obviously don't read this forum or they'd know better!

BeatrixFan said:
HRH looks divine! A wonderful outfit and she's wearing a little more make-up than usual which suits her. She looks perfect.

Camilla does look wonderful. Her new lighter hair (the color, that is) is very pretty. And she does look very good in jewel tones.

I know, iowabelle. I wish they would be more prepared in their usage of the titles.

for you my godness diana , for you, we are more!!!!

Source: Getty.

Re:

Those two obviously have no lives. To think that they actually sat down and thought about doing it. To protest for a woman they never met. What good did they do? Did they think that Charles and Camilla would care less? Did they think that Diana was going to pop down with a harp and start dancing with John Travolta again? Charles is reported to have said after leaving the USA the last time, "Never Again" - I wish he'd stuck to it and not bothered.

Lady Marmalade has proven herself to be nothing but charming and open minded. She realizes the reality of the situation and thinks rationally. The Queen would not post anything on the official website if it did not follow official protocal. It is not mandatory to bow or curtsey it is simply the traditional way of showing respect. I agree those people need to move on who protest the visit but that is there problem.

BeatrixFan said:
I imagine I'll get a sharp telling off for speaking my mind, but I can't be gushing and marshmallows when I don't agree with someone. I don't believe I've been rude or nasty towards anyone. I've been extremely toned down in expressing my opinions publicly. I think that there's confusion over whats on-topic and people back down because they think they're posting in the wrong places.

I think you have. I may have been strong in some of my wording, but I have not once insulted your country, the way your goverment is set up, and I have not called any British person by a slang or derogatory word.

Re:

I may have been strong in some of my wording, but I have not once insulted your country, the way your goverment is set up, and I have not called any British person by a slang or derogatory word.
Not in public posting but certainly in PM so let's not go down that lane shall we?

The picketers do not represent N.Y or America for that matter. I think that they really have to much time on their hands, and they need to get lives. I hope charles and Camilla have a wonderful visit.

Well I was sorry to miss Camilla and Charles. I think Camilla's outfit looks smashing and actually even like her hair! :D I like the windblown effect. The necklace is stunning!

Thanks everyone for posting pictures. :)

sorry, I leave but I back, I do something wrong? Somedoby can tell me. I dont want offend anybody with the photo I posted.

I really like Camilla's necklace as well. Does anyone know if it is something new or just not seen much before?

Lady Marmalade said:
But they probably won't. We, as citizens of another country, do not bow or curtsey to anyone. ;)

That is not offending protocol in anyway. I would be floored (and she will not do it) if the First Lady curtseyed tomorrow.

She is not Princess anything.....she is Duchess Camilla..or, Princess Charles if one must absolutely insist on using the prefix of Princess. ;)

She's the Princess of Wales, if that's any help...

I'm opening this thread again after having deleted as much of the civil war as possible without destroying the thread completely.

Please note that fights, insults, politics, and international warfare will not be tolerated and that people insisting on disrupting the thread will be looking at suspension.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Britain's Prince Charles (L) and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrive for a reception in their honor at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. The royals are on the first day of an eight-day visit to the U.S
#1-3: AP
#4,7: Reuters
#5-6,9-10: Newscom
#8: Britain's Prince Charles (L) and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, are greeted by British Consulate-General Philip Thomas (R) as they arrive at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

Charles, Camilla view 9/11 sites
http://www.rednova.com/news/general/291941/charles_camilla_view_911_sites/index.html?source=r_general

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 190
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 123
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 323
  • r3046749535.jpg
    r3046749535.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 182
  • afplive895290.jpg
    afplive895290.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 178
  • rtrlive101223.jpg
    rtrlive101223.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 183
  • r2947100185.jpg
    r2947100185.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 171
  • r2026044562.jpg
    r2026044562.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 144
  • afplive895308.jpg
    afplive895308.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 176
  • epaphotos451352.jpg
    epaphotos451352.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Not the biggest fan of her outfit right their. She is wearing that stunning necklace again which I love. Her hair and make up look wonderfull, but the dress seems to tight. Maybe in a different light it might look better.

This dress does nothing for her. It looks heavy and has no shape. The outfit she wore earlier today was very nice.

Not too crazy about the neckline..it should be a little more fitted at the the bust and neck.

I was so hopeing for her to wear one of her stunning outfits. But hey, all royals have to try a bunch of clothes. Some faliures and some success. I just wish she would have not worn this in america. Hopefully she will stun us tomorow at the white house.

the real camilla is back!

Yeah I agree about the neckline. The black velvet is good.

That dress is not good the neckline is odd. I understand the velvet it is cold here in N.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom