The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 PM

I think its such bad manners to take pics of them eating. But the media love those shots because they are usually captured with a strange look on their face.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It appears that Camilla is enjoying a Gin and Tonic - I wonder if that's her favourite tipple?
It was the Queen Mother's favorite.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/royals/camilla.html

In July 1998, Prince William agreed to meet his father's partner for the first time, and the news was leaked to the press. Tabloids beamed with speculation about the encounter, reporting that after half an hour of tea and small talk Camilla said, "I really need a gin and tonic."
Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is a looker. That would be something new. A San Fransicsan President and First Lady. I love the liberabness and tolerent soceity of San Fran. It is one of the greatest citys in America IMO. I dont think mainstream america is ready for a guy as liberal as him. The duchess didnt do to well with the dress. It looked a bit like a maternity dress. I loved the long blue jacket outfit she wore though. There is this one pic of Camilla after just bitting into an apple and holding it up. Her face looks so funny and it looks like a commercial. This tour was a great success. I am going to miss not seeing them everyday.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The BBC has written up a commentary about the trip:

A Royal triumph?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4420002.stm

The smiles on the faces of the royal entourage as they headed home, said it all. America, from the perspective of those who work for the prince and the duchess, has been conquered.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
The smiles on the faces of the royal entourage as they headed home, said it all. America, from the perspective of those who work for the prince and the duchess, has been conquered.
Well, I don't know about conquered, but I see what they are getting at. The trip was a success. I also liked the video on the BBC website when Charles and Camilla were talking to the reporters before they left. They were very nice and gracious. I especially liked what the prince Charles said, he's very nice.:)
Old 11-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

It certainly turned out well for them. The coverage has been more positive than not.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla looked so lovely in that suit on the day of her departure. i wish she'd worn it earlier in the trip.

she looked beautiful carrying those 3 white roses.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../09/0893cover/
Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is such a nice cover. The picture is so perfect. Her mood and the candles and the setting. Its great.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I wish they would catch her smiling more. Sometimes she has that look like she'd rather be riding horses in the country side than doing gala dinners and doing the royal functions. But Diana had that look sometimes too, I guess it must be stressful at times for anyone in that position, just seems it is harder for Camilla than anyone else. I hope she adjusts soon.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

They do catch Camilla smiling a lot. She is a very fiesty happy type of person. The fact of the matter is that Camilla can have a pretty wide smile which is most unflattering in pictures. But, I do see a lot of pics of her laughing and smiling.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Commoner

Why can't we just let C & C alone.Diana is dead and there is no way of bringing her back - it is a shame that their marriage Di and Charles' didn't work out but why only blame him? She was no angel or saint and don't forget she had more than her share of lovers also. If camilla had been a young and beautiful 2nd wife I don't think anyone would have cared either way but because she isn't people just want to make remarks abt her etc. Let them be.no one has the right to judge people and I think that charles has always been the ' bad ' guy and i think that he can't be as bad as all that.If she makes him happy, let camilla make him happy something that beautiful and enchanting diana was unable and couldn't do.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Courtier

Camilla is not always aware of the existence of cameras like Diana was. I hope that she will improve that in the future. She seems to be really media-shy because she is such a confiodent person. Charles and her will be a good time because Charles will be stronger in public and Camilla will be stronger in provate.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Administrator

A French View

From this week's Point de Vue, giving a French perspective of the US Tour:

Cover: "The calm triumph of Camilla in the United States."
Story: "Her first offcial State visit was a test... but the Duchess of Cornwall passed this trial with grace."
"Despite the formal protocol throughout the official tour, the complicity of the Princely couple was obvious at every moment."
At the WWII Memorial in Washington DC: "The elegant sobriety of the Duchess of Cornwall was impressive as she assisted at the moment of reflection."

All in all, I would say that this particular magazine was impressed with Camilla's debut official tour.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love cc
Camilla is not always aware of the existence of cameras like Diana was. I hope that she will improve that in the future. She seems to be really media-shy because she is such a confiodent person.
No! We don't need another Princess of Wales who plays up the cameras. Camilla's doing well IMO. She sees the cameras, gives them their shot and has a little word then gets on with the job. I felt that with Diana it wasn't about opening a hospital, it was about being photographed opening a hospital. Camilla isn't like that.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
It appears that Camilla is enjoying a Gin and Tonic - I wonder if that's her favourite tipple?
Maybe....I know she's probabaly only actually blinking or something, but she actually looks slightly sloshed there!
I can't believe how well Camillas doing.....ever since the wedding, she's really winning people over, and I don't think she's put a foot wrong. Certainly Charles fiddles with his sleeves less and smiles more around her!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No! We don't need another Princess of Wales who plays up the cameras. Camilla's doing well IMO. She sees the cameras, gives them their shot and has a little word then gets on with the job. I felt that with Diana it wasn't about opening a hospital, it was about being photographed opening a hospital. Camilla isn't like that.
I don't want another Diana either. I like Camilla's style because she preseves the traditional style of uppclass and roaylty.I am happy with her low-key style and places Charles and BRF before herself. Diana was more likely to be a popular celebrity in my eyes. Very glamourous, but... What I meant is to see more smiles from Camilla on these photos. Some journalists are quite mean to make some strange photos.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I don't want another Diana either. I like Camilla's style because she preseves the traditional style of uppclass and roaylty.I am happy with her low-key style and places Charles and BRF before herself. Diana was more likely to be a popular celebrity in my eyes. Very glamourous, but... What I meant is to see more smiles from Camilla on these photos. Some journalists are quite mean to make some strange photos.
It's not Diana's fault that people paid more attention to her. She was photogenic and was a charmer. Everyone has their own qualities.

The local media (I live in Florida) totally made fun of C & C in the looks department but gave them points for togetherness.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
It's not Diana's fault that people paid more attention to her. .
Diana 'courted' the cameras and publicity, she set out to get all the attention. IMO. So yes it was her fault. Camilla loves her husband and is happy to be there to support him.
I'm not surprised to hear you have the gutter press in Florida as well.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states