The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
The colors fit right in with the fall weather in New York, deep and rich. I agree about the collier. I think with that neckline no necklace or collier was needed, but regal nonetheless. :)
Indeed, deep and rich was the way to go "Lady M"

I am a HUGE fan of these necklines so anything like this is sure to get my thumbs up!

Maybe a few cultured pearl strands & button earings (would have looked absolutely fab against the rich material), but the centrepiece of the collier is (I think) rather ugly.

"MII"

Then again, we cant see her ears.lol.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness

For a fall evening, the dress looks very appropriate and different. Great colour, too. Prince Charles is only wearing a suit, not a dinner jacket. Her cocktail dress length matches his outfit. I never quite understand the dress codes if the man wears a suit, but the lady wears full length evening gown.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Just so as to not confuse people, I meant that if this were a gown it would be perfect (in my opinion) for say something like a State Banquet or even a Coronation or Enthronement ceremony etc.

"MII"
Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Gentry

The pink suit was very nice however- the Union Jack handbag was a bit tasteles... I however don't think it's ever okay to wear or display your national flag on anything other than a mast, so I may be alone in my rebuke...
Old 11-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was at a museum of modern art. So a handbag like that seems fitting to me. It is different and modern.

every reporter keeps saying that their visit to the WTC site was emotional. I looked at photos and they seemed more shocked or something than they looked overcome with emotion.....I think it was interesting how Camilla placed the flowers instead of Charles....

Old 11-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

I know there are laws in some countries forbidding the use of the flag in applications that might appear frivolous, like clothes, accessories, or dishtowels, but that isn't the case in the UK. The flag gets stuck on just about everything at one time or another.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Gentry

I know Elspeth, just call me old fashion I suppose lol
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla at the Modern Art Museum in New York Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2005.
From Colourpress

Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla at the World Trade Center Site on November 1, 2005.
From Colourpress.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeap
The pink suit was very nice however- the Union Jack handbag was a bit tasteles... I however don't think it's ever okay to wear or display your national flag on anything other than a mast, so I may be alone in my rebuke...
Considering the fact that C&C are in the US to promote British trade & industry I think its a lovely way to start getting the message across. :)
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Nobility

Without the wrap the dress looks much better.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

don't think camilla wears cultured pearls, she only wears the really real and rare ones (but warren would know perhaps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Not a fan of the cultured pearl collier however. I dont like the centrepiece.

"MII"
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Have just read through the last ten pages. These calmer waters are such a pleasure; it was rough enough to belly-up the SS Poseidon back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
HRH the Duchess of Cornwall does look very lovely, I must say... Somewhat Elizabethan in appearance.
I thought this too; from a distance the white neckline gives the appearance of an Elizabethan ruff. As to the dress, I think we have learnt from experience that velvet doesn't photograph very well. It probably looked quite chic to those who were there. Camilla looked stunning in pink.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
don't think camilla wears cultured pearls, she only wears the really real and rare ones (but warren would know perhaps)
Sorry, I prefer diamonds. Pearls have never really done it for me. No glitter. :)
Old 11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla's sequined clutch was a nice play on themes. The pattern was Union Jack like but the sequins was not. The bag was symbolic just as everything one sees on various countries national days. It was a very telling touch.

grevinnan
Old 11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

I just now noticed her handbag and loved it! What a hip and modern touch and something you would never expect a royal to have....very cool.

From Yahoo News:

The duchess also carried a cheeky, sequined Union Jack handbag by designer Lulu Guinness.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

I thought camila looked fab on both days!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I love the neckline of the dress but the bodice is not very flattering at all. Its too loose around the chest. I think the right undergarments can fix a lot of figure flaws, one doesnt need to hide them under baggy cuts. And I dont like the hairstyle from the reception either. It looks like Camilla's about ready to take off with those two wings around her head.
I tried not to say anything at first but I've got to be honest. The duchess can look better.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla marke their mark in Manhattan
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM

Re;

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...illa-dop2a.jpg

Does anyone know what the stone actually says?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states