Charles and Camilla: Visit to Singapore, Malaysia and India - Oct 30-Nov 9, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tour omits Myanmar. Notwithstanding the change, it should be a very interesting trip.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/ne...of-cornwall-will-visit-singapore-malaysia-and

30th October – 9th November 2017
Their Royal Highnesses' visit, which is at the request of the British Government, will celebrate the U.K.'s partnership with these Commonwealth Nations on shared priorities in advance of the Commonwealth Summit in April 2018.

31st October - The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will begin the tour in Singapore
3rd November - The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will start their visit to Malaysia
8th November - The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit India

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures. Good to see them in Singapore.

Has Camilla already been in Asia for a few days privately?

It states that Camilla was on a private holiday but the first thing that went through my mind when hearing about this trip is the thought that Camilla would go ahead of time. There's a health spa kind of place that she's gone to a couple of times before and I thought she may go there again before the tour.

It states that Camilla was on a private holiday but the first thing that went through my mind when hearing about this trip is the thought that Camilla would go ahead of time. There's a health spa kind of place that she's gone to a couple of times before and I thought she may go there again before the tour.

Thank yuou

:previous: I think they have tours in hot climates down pat. On their first such tour, Camilla was exhausted after the initial flight in and never seemed to catch up with herself. Somewhere along the line, someone advised them they should try her going ahead and spending a couple of days resting and acclimating. A spa is a no-brainer since most countries them and her privacy is assured.

And, from the looks of things, it is not time wasted because she looks wonderful.

Looking forward to another interesting tour. I enjoy these two :flowers:

It makes a lot of sense for Camilla to have gone ahead. Allowing her a chance to climatize and rest after the travel, before 11 day tour starts. Hopefully she will be in good health and good spirits for the tour.

India is sure busy with royal visits the first half of this month. The Bhutanese royals are there now.

Court Circular 31/10

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in Singapore.

Their Royal Highnesses were received by The President of the Republic of Singapore at the Istana this morning.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently called upon the Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore (Mr Lee Hsien Loong) and Mrs Lee.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited the Cenotaph and His Royal Highness laid a Wreath.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended an Interfaith meeting at the Harmony Centre.

His Royal Highness later visited MacRitchie Reservoir Park.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Dinner given by The President of the Republic of Singapore at the Istana.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Temasek Junior College and received students who have won prizes in The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Prize.

Nice pictures from the reception thus evening

Beautiful picture of Camilla with the flowers :flowers:

Again really enjoying the photos from this trip.?

Nice to see some coverage here as I have only seen one article in the DM and nothing in the other media.

No coverage because they don't rate for click-bait and it allows people to believe that there is no interest in them. Of course the press can't suggest that Camilla does any work and by not covering their overseas tours they are able to make that suggestion.

Other than this site I have seen no coverage - not even other fora or social media that I follow for news on royals in general are covering this tour.

Sad but true - particularly this year when Charles' popularity has plummeted as has Camilla's.

I wish there was a bit more information on the engagements in Brunei, other than what the Daily Mail puts out.

Nice to see some coverage here as I have only seen one article in the DM and nothing in the other media.

No coverage because they don't rate for click-bait and it allows people to believe that there is no interest in them. Of course the press can't suggest that Camilla does any work and by not covering their overseas tours they are able to make that suggestion.

Other than this site I have seen no coverage - not even other fora or social media that I follow for news on royals in general are covering this tour.

Sad but true - particularly this year when Charles' popularity has plummeted as has Camilla's.
DF: 8 articles already, and Rebecca English (who is following Charles/Camilla on their tour) has good coverage on twitter: https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Telegraph: 5 articles.

Express: 6 articles.

Getty Images: Several photos.

Not bad at all.

Last edited:
Court Circular 1st November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Singapore.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited Tiong Bahru Wet Market.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Meeting with United Kingdom Defence Advisors and Defence Attachés at the British High Commission.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon attended an orchid-naming ceremony at the National Orchid Garden.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Dyson Technology Centre.

His Royal Highness subsequently visited Garçons Nosh Restaurant.

The Prince of Wales later visited Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the National Gallery of Singapore.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by His Excellency the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Singapore and Mrs. Wightman at the Residence.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Tiong Bahru Community Centre.

Back
Top Bottom