Charles and Camilla: Visit to Singapore, Malaysia and India - Oct 30-Nov 9, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely feel for Camilla. This tour is gruelling even for someone not her age. The several hour stop over for tea in Brunei? Not like a tourist either when they can stop for a rest when needed.

Enjoying the coverage though that there is. I have been catching up on articles and photos when I get home from work. Looking forward to Malaysia and the rest of the tour.

I definitely feel for Camilla. This tour is gruelling even for someone not her age. The several hour stop over for tea in Brunei? Not like a tourist either when they can stop for a rest when needed.

Enjoying the coverage though that there is. I have been catching up on articles and photos when I get home from work. Looking forward to Malaysia and the rest of the tour.

I was thinking the same thing looking through all the pictures and reading about this tour so far. She's got a few years on me and I *know* I would have been totally exhausted by the first day of events such as they've had.

What I do admire is Camilla's ability to joke about it. She'll openly admit to feeling the strain yet keeps on keeping on and does it with a smile and a good sense of humor. I think her natural grandmother instincts come out too when she's around children. Not like Harry, who gets down and personal with them, but she's very interested and involved in children's education and especially literacy.

She does look so good after her stay at a health spa beforehand and I love the clothes that she's wearing. They look so comfortable and like outfits that I would love to have in my closet. :D

Here are a few photos of TRH's arriving at Brunei International Airport in Bandar.

PPE Agency

I've enjoyed the photos from this tour,travel and heat must have the Prince/Duchess looking forward to returning to the cooler climate of the UK.

I presume there will be a gala dinner tonight. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I was thinking the same thing looking through all the pictures and reading about this tour so far. She's got a few years on me and I *know* I would have been totally exhausted by the first day of events such as they've had.

What I do admire is Camilla's ability to joke about it. She'll openly admit to feeling the strain yet keeps on keeping on and does it with a smile and a good sense of humor. I think her natural grandmother instincts come out too when she's around children. Not like Harry, who gets down and personal with them, but she's very interested and involved in children's education and especially literacy.

She does look so good after her stay at a health spa beforehand and I love the clothes that she's wearing. They look so comfortable and like outfits that I would love to have in my closet. :D

As usual, I agree with you Osipi - I admire how Camilla is still keeping on with the tour.
As a sidenote; I love the pink gown she wore for the gala! She's been wearing a lovely colour palette during the tour so far.

I wonder if they will ever cross paths with the King and Queen of Bhutan and their little son who are touring the same part of the world right now.

Day Three of the Autumn Tour: Singapore
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-three-of-the-autumn-tour-singapore

Day Four of the Autumn Tour: Brunei
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-four-of-the-autumn-tour-brunei

Day Five of the Autumn Tour: Malaysia
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-five-of-the-autumn-tour-malaysia

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at a Gala Dinner to celebrate 60 years of UK-Malaysia diplomatic ties in Kuala Lumpur
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-five-of-the-autumn-tour-malaysia/speech

Totally agree, the grandma in her really shines in kid related events :flowers:

Though I enjoy watching her, she really glows in two types, kids and animals. If anything makes her smile bigger then rescue dogs, its kids. I really enjoy seeing her events for literacy. She often sits and reads with the kids and you can see everyone enjoys it, her included. Rescue animals, literacy and osteoporosis. I like that she has picked some causes which might not be 'big causes' but she is truly passionate about. I think royals should focus on things they have a passion for, and not simply knocking off the big categories. She does have some of those as well.

Think the spa was likely only reason she is keeping up as well as she is. Can only imagine if she had flown with Charles, if tired now. Definitely good choice.

More wonderful photos of Camilla with kids. Great seeing her serving the food and interacting. Adorable bracelet that she was given :flowers:

Beautiful church they visited as well.

He was visiting one of the locations for WORQ. Its a modern take on working offices. Its a place for people who may not work from a tradition office to go work, have meetings, make connections. Its meant to be a modern take on the office building in a world where more and more business is done online. It offerts things like gyms, sleeping pods, coffee bars and such for members. Very modern and appealing to the younger working force.

https://worq.space/

:previous: A Royal Order for that orangoutang who posed so inelegantly, but flexibly with the POW. It's impressive!

I heard rumors that he is actually a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model who is now retired and teaching Yoga in Loma Linda. Wearing the Orang suit for the photo op, of course. :lol:

Day Six of the Autumn Tour: Malaysia
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-six-of-the-autumn-tour-malaysia

Day Eight of the Autumn Tour: Malaysia
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/day-eight-of-the-autumn-tour-malaysia

Court Circular 2nd November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning departed Singapore Changi Airport for Brunei and were received this afternoon upon arrival at Brunei International Airport by The Crown Prince of Brunei and the British High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam (His Excellency Mr. Richard Lindsay).

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Edinburgh Palace and The Prince of Wales inspected the Guard of Honour formed by 2nd Battalion Royal Gurkha Rifles, British Forces Brunei.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were subsequently received by The Sultan of Brunei and The Raja Isteri at Istana Nurul Imam.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards remained to Tea with the Royal Family of Brunei and senior Government ministers.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later departed Brunei International Airport for Malaysia.

The Crown Prince and Princess of Brunei were present at the Airport and bade farewell to Their Royal Highnesses.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and were received by the British High Commissioner to Malaysia (Her Excellency Mrs. Victoria Treadell).

Court Circular 3rd November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited the Islamic Arts Museum and was received by The Sultan of Perak.

The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince's Foundation for Building Community, afterwards attended a presentation on sustainable urbanisation at the Majestic Hotel.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited WORQ Malaysia Digital Hub, a co-working space.

The Prince of Wales later attended the launch of the Commonwealth Youth Summit and Youth Platform at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.

His Royal Highness afterwards officially opened the Headquarters of the Crops for the Future Research Centre and launched the Forgotten Foods Network.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently called upon The Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia at Istana Negara.

Their Royal Highnesses this evening attended at Dinner at the Majestic Hotel with Members of the Malaysian Royal Families to celebrate Sixty Years of United Kingdom Malaysian diplomatic relations.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the International School Park City, meeting students participating in The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition and was received by The Queen of Johor.

Her Royal Highness later attended a Women's Group Meeting discussion entitled "Women and Malaysia" at the Majestic Hotel, and was received by the British High Commissioner to Malaysia (Her Excellency Mrs. Victoria Treadell).

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Permata Foundation at Permata Negara.

Court Circular 4th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning attended a Service in St. Mary's Cathedral, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Taiping Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery and laid a wreath at the Stone of Remembrance and subsequently laid a wreath at the Cross of Sacrifice.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later called upon The Sultan of Perak at Istana Iskandariah, Kuala Kangsar.

His Royal Highness, with The Sultan of Perak, afterwards attended a Meeting on Malaysian Conservation at the Conservation Summit, Royal Belum State Park.

The Prince of Wales, with The Sultan of Perak, subsequently attended a briefing on Royal Belum State Park at Temenggor Lake.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Lost Food Project at the Lighthouse Children's Welfare Centre, Kuala Lumpur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Countessmeout! Great photos :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom