The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Am I going crazy or was Brunei added at the last minute?

They had a beautiful orchid named after them today. And I love that Camilla wore a pansy dress to visit the botanical gardens.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...K-07vieKjl.jpg

Old 11-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Am I going crazy or was Brunei added at the last minute?

They had a beautiful orchid named after them today. And I love that Camilla wore a pansy dress to visit the botanical gardens.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...K-07vieKjl.jpg
That is such a wonderful picture!

Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Majesty

Beautiful picture of Camilla with the flowers

Again really enjoying the photos from this trip.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Pics of day 4, November 2 - by now Charles and Camilla are in Brunei:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei And India - Day 4 **
Old 11-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice to see some coverage here as I have only seen one article in the DM and nothing in the other media.

No coverage because they don't rate for click-bait and it allows people to believe that there is no interest in them. Of course the press can't suggest that Camilla does any work and by not covering their overseas tours they are able to make that suggestion.

Other than this site I have seen no coverage - not even other fora or social media that I follow for news on royals in general are covering this tour.

Sad but true - particularly this year when Charles' popularity has plummeted as has Camilla's.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

It can’t be easy to keep up with Charles. The man have so much energy.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Majesty

I wish there was a bit more information on the engagements in Brunei, other than what the Daily Mail puts out.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Nice to see some coverage here as I have only seen one article in the DM and nothing in the other media.

No coverage because they don't rate for click-bait and it allows people to believe that there is no interest in them. Of course the press can't suggest that Camilla does any work and by not covering their overseas tours they are able to make that suggestion.

Other than this site I have seen no coverage - not even other fora or social media that I follow for news on royals in general are covering this tour.

Sad but true - particularly this year when Charles' popularity has plummeted as has Camilla's.
DF: 8 articles already, and Rebecca English (who is following Charles/Camilla on their tour) has good coverage on twitter: https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Telegraph: 5 articles.

Express: 6 articles.

Getty Images: Several photos.

Not bad at all.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Courtier

They’ve arrived in Malaysia:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarenceH...22390320484353

https://mobile.twitter.com/MyBPLN/st...58516304953344

The British High Commissioner to Malaysia and the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur have been posting extensively about the visit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/VickiTreadell
https://mobile.twitter.com/UKinMalaysia
Old 11-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Court Circular 1st November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Singapore.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited Tiong Bahru Wet Market.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Meeting with United Kingdom Defence Advisors and Defence Attachés at the British High Commission.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon attended an orchid-naming ceremony at the National Orchid Garden.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Dyson Technology Centre.

His Royal Highness subsequently visited Garçons Nosh Restaurant.

The Prince of Wales later visited Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the National Gallery of Singapore.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by His Excellency the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Singapore and Mrs. Wightman at the Residence.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Tiong Bahru Community Centre.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Here are two galleries and an article of day 5 - Malaysia!

** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Flying solo! Duchess of Cornwall gets warm welcome during Kuala Lumpur school visit..**

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall Visit Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and India - Day 5 **
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 AM
Majesty

I definitely feel for Camilla. This tour is gruelling even for someone not her age. The several hour stop over for tea in Brunei? Not like a tourist either when they can stop for a rest when needed.

Enjoying the coverage though that there is. I have been catching up on articles and photos when I get home from work. Looking forward to Malaysia and the rest of the tour.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I definitely feel for Camilla. This tour is gruelling even for someone not her age. The several hour stop over for tea in Brunei? Not like a tourist either when they can stop for a rest when needed.

Enjoying the coverage though that there is. I have been catching up on articles and photos when I get home from work. Looking forward to Malaysia and the rest of the tour.
I was thinking the same thing looking through all the pictures and reading about this tour so far. She's got a few years on me and I *know* I would have been totally exhausted by the first day of events such as they've had.

What I do admire is Camilla's ability to joke about it. She'll openly admit to feeling the strain yet keeps on keeping on and does it with a smile and a good sense of humor. I think her natural grandmother instincts come out too when she's around children. Not like Harry, who gets down and personal with them, but she's very interested and involved in children's education and especially literacy.

She does look so good after her stay at a health spa beforehand and I love the clothes that she's wearing. They look so comfortable and like outfits that I would love to have in my closet.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are a few photos of TRH's arriving at Brunei International Airport in Bandar.

PPE Agency

I've enjoyed the photos from this tour,travel and heat must have the Prince/Duchess looking forward to returning to the cooler climate of the UK.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Majesty

I presume there will be a gala dinner tonight. Look forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Another article and pictures from the DailyMail
Duchess of Cornwall mobbed by children in Kuala Lumpur | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I was thinking the same thing looking through all the pictures and reading about this tour so far. She's got a few years on me and I *know* I would have been totally exhausted by the first day of events such as they've had.

What I do admire is Camilla's ability to joke about it. She'll openly admit to feeling the strain yet keeps on keeping on and does it with a smile and a good sense of humor. I think her natural grandmother instincts come out too when she's around children. Not like Harry, who gets down and personal with them, but she's very interested and involved in children's education and especially literacy.

She does look so good after her stay at a health spa beforehand and I love the clothes that she's wearing. They look so comfortable and like outfits that I would love to have in my closet.
As usual, I agree with you Osipi - I admire how Camilla is still keeping on with the tour.
As a sidenote; I love the pink gown she wore for the gala! She's been wearing a lovely colour palette during the tour so far.

I wonder if they will ever cross paths with the King and Queen of Bhutan and their little son who are touring the same part of the world right now.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-03-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I presume there will be a gala dinner tonight. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Pls check Instagram malaysianroyalfamily.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdy View Post
Pls check Instagram malaysianroyalfamily.
Seen the pictures, thank you!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Day Three of the Autumn Tour: Singapore
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...tour-singapore

Day Four of the Autumn Tour: Brunei
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...mn-tour-brunei

Day Five of the Autumn Tour: Malaysia
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...-tour-malaysia

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at a Gala Dinner to celebrate 60 years of UK-Malaysia diplomatic ties in Kuala Lumpur
https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...alaysia/speech