The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Charles & Camilla: Visit to Romania, Italy, Holy See & Austria - Mar 29-Apr 6, 2017

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse Just announced: The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria.

Quote:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Europe to celebrate links between the UK and Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria
Published on 7th March 2017

The Tour will highlight the UK's relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking.

The British Government has asked The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to visit Europe between 29th March and 6th April 2017. The Tour will begin in Romania – The Prince will visit Bucharest and the surrounding area from 29th-31st March. The Prince and Duchess will then undertake engagements in Italy and the Holy See from 31st March – 5th April and in Vienna from 5th-6th April.

More details of Their Royal Highnesses' programme in each country will be released at a later date.

ENDS

Notes to Editors

The Prince of Wales has visited Romania officially once before. His Royal Highness has visited Italy officially 19 times, and The Duchess of Cornwall has visited once. The Prince has undertaken two previous visits to the Vatican, and The Duchess of Cornwall one. His Royal Highness has visited Austria officially 3 times and this will be The Duchess's first official visit.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Majesty

I am sure it will be a very full agenda. This will be C&C demonstrating the soft power of the monarchy at its best.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Didnt Charles buy a house in Romania a fews years ago? I would think they would visit there on a fairly regular basis, enough so as to justify buying a house there.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
From what I understand, Charles is quite active in preserving the rural way of life in Transylvania. Its been reported that he does own two properties there and although he may visit once or twice a year, the properties themselves are available for rentals.

From what I've seen, thanks to the Daily Mail's excellent photography, its a beautiful place to be and I wouldn't mind spending a few days there myself.

Prince Charles sets up foundation to protect Romania’s rural heritage - Telegraph

How you can stay at Prince Charles' £122-a-night Transylvanian farmhouses | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure it will be a very full agenda. This will be C&C demonstrating the soft power of the monarchy at its best.
Agree! And I look forward to the ridiculous small media coverage as well. (With the exception of the audience with Pope Francis, who almost certainly will be shown on British television.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From what I understand, Charles is quite active in preserving the rural way of life in Transylvania. Its been reported that he does own two properties there and although he may visit once or twice a year, the properties themselves are available for rentals.

From what I've seen, thanks to the Daily Mail's excellent photography, its a beautiful place to be and I wouldn't mind spending a few days there myself.

Prince Charles sets up foundation to protect Romania’s rural heritage - Telegraph

How you can stay at Prince Charles' £122-a-night Transylvanian farmhouses | Daily Mail Online
Too bad the Daily Fail is not as sexcellent when it comes to their journalism.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles to be named Renaissance Man of the Year | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

"The heir to the throne will receive the award in Florence next month at a gala dinner in the sumptious Palazzo Vecchio while on the second leg of a nine-day tour of Romania, Italy, the Vatican, and Austria, all of it apart from Romania with his wife Camilla."
Old 03-16-2017, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Well-deserved honor for the PoW
Old 03-16-2017, 04:52 PM
Majesty

"The Prince of Wales will travel for the first time on the prime ministerial jet dubbed 'Cam Force One' when he visits Europe"

Prince Charles will hitch a ride on ‘Cam Force One’ | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Details about the European tour
"The Tour will highlight the UK's relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking."

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/med...ornwalls-visit
Old 03-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Majesty

Do we have a detailed itenarary yet?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Chris Jackson‏ @ChrisJack_Getty
The Prince of Wales arrives in a very sunny #Romania for a two day visit #royalvisitromania @GettyImagesNews

https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...78267547013120
Old 03-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Read More: Article 50: Prince Charles begins Brexit tour of Europe | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
Charles' tour will also include visits, with the Duchess of Cornwall, to Italy and Austria in a trip that will be seen as a bridge-building exercise with the continent as Brexit begins.

The monarchy are seen as the nation's most important figureheads, with their soft style of diplomacy renewing ties and strengthening bonds with nations through official visits.

By the end of the year the Royal Family, dubbed Brexit Ambassadors by the press, will have visited the majority of the EU's major member states, France, Germany, Italy and Poland with the King of Spain coming to the UK for a state visit.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said about the tour: "Royal visits play a very important role in the United Kingdom's bilateral diplomacy.

"The Royal Family are excellent and experienced ambassadors for the United Kingdom.

"Whilst every royal visit is unique, each visit is designed to support foreign policy objectives and promote closer ties across a range of areas, for example cultural, economic or political, between the UK and the host country."
Old 03-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Why two days in Romania ??One with the Princess , one with the President ?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales today met with Klaus Iohannis, President of Romania at Cotroceni Palace. Here's a gallery of the first day:

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Prince Of Wales Visits Romania - Day 1 **
Old 03-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Majesty

"The Prince of Wales' tour of Europe has kicked off with a traditional red carpet welcome in Romania as the UK formally began the process of leaving the EU.
The tour will also include visits to Italy and Austria, with the Duchess of Cornwall due to join her husband on Friday."
Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Tomorrow, Prince Charles will meet with Crown Princess Margareta of Romania & Prince Radu at Elisabeta Palace.

Principele de Wales vizitează mâine Familia Regală | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania
Old 03-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why isn't Charles joined by Camilla in Romania ?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla is arriving on Friday.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Camilla is arriving on Friday.
Yes, but I assume mbruno is wondering why Camilla didn't go with him today. Odd that she wouldn't accompany him on the entire tour. She has no events today or tomorrow at home which would have delayed her coming.

According to Richard Palmer, he did inquire why Camilla wasn't going to Romania. Seems he didn't get an answer. Other than that 'Romania is his thing'.

Looking forward to seeing this tour.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I seem to remember other tours where she only did a part of it not the whole tour

Tags
austria, duchess of cornwall, italy, prince of wales, romania