The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Majesty

from yesterday's visit to Florence
"Rockstar welcome for Prince Charles "
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...05785597984768

"I haven't been on a tour for ages that has generated so much interest. Police have had to hold back crowds of Italians everywhere we've been"
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...62416054177792

Inside the Vatican today
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...78710909984769

Old 04-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Daily Fail and their stupid articles: Camilla looks at a loss after she sneezes into her hand | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall usually looks her polished best at official engagements.

So it is of little surprise that she found herself at a loss when she sneezed into her hand during a pubic appearance in Rome today.

Camilla, 69, politely covered her mouth and turned away from Prince Charles, only to realise seconds later that she did not have a handkerchief to hand.

In a moment familiar to all, the royal then looked around sheepishly for help - or a spare tissue - before resorting to opening and closing her palm.
The Duchess of Cornwall looks awkward after sneezing in Rome

Old 04-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is the point of keeping the tradition of the "privilege of the white" for Catholic queens if, under Francis, there is no longer a proper dress code to meet the Pope ?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
slow news day?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
What is the point of keeping the tradition of the "privilege of the white" for Catholic queens if, under Francis, there is no longer a proper dress code to meet the Pope ?
None whatsoever. I don't think the lack of a dress code is an issue, do you?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Camilla in Rome:

Charles and Camilla at the Vatican: (no sound)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I have to agree, i was surprised to not see Camilla in black with a veil . I guess the Vatican suggested a more "relaxed" dress code this time.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Stupidest article for ages, even by DM standards
Old 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I have to agree, i was surprised to not see Camilla in black with a veil . I guess the Vatican suggested a more "relaxed" dress code this time.

I have to say I wasn't expecting black and a mantilla. The Queen wore a hat and purple coat when she met the present Pope. However The Duchess of Cornwall's outfit was too close to white, which I think still ought to be reserved for Catholic Queens.

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
from yesterday's visit to Florence
"Rockstar welcome for Prince Charles "
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...05785597984768

"I haven't been on a tour for ages that has generated so much interest. Police have had to hold back crowds of Italians everywhere we've been"
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...62416054177792

Inside the Vatican today
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...78710909984769
''Check out the crazy reception the Duchess got in Naples! My picture of her presented with a pizza and then the view from behind!''
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...87935476285440

I haven't seen so much interest from people for a royal tour since their visit too Sydney in 2015, where they drev bigger crowds that William/Kate and Harry.

But it can't (of course) match HM The Queen's visits to Australia in 2011 and her visit to Germany in 2015, and many of her other visits.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
OT but, personally, I'm glad to see the Vatican get rid of this nonsensical custom. What was the point of it? Other than to allow Popes and the Catholic queens to feel special? Why on earth should non-Catholic women wear a veil? Are popes offended by female hair? Never made sense to me.

Glad to see Charles and Camilla getting such a warm welcome! Charles is turning into a kind of sweet little old man in a lot of ways which most people naturally warm to. He deserves it.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a private Visit.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
It was a private Visit.
So it makes sense. thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Articles from the Telegraph:

Read more: Prince Charles presented with a king during card game in Florence
Quote:
Prince Charles sat down to a card game in a social centre in the heart of Florence on Monday, as he and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, continued their European tour.

“I’ve got a lot to learn,” he said as he surveyed the hand he was dealt, looking as though he would quite happily have settled in for the afternoon with the five elderly men sitting around the table.

One of the card players, a sprightly 83-year-old with white hair, offered to show him some card tricks.

The Prince of Wales jokingly looked up the pensioner’s sleeve to see if there were any cards hidden there.

“Ah yes, very clever,” he said after the man pulled off a deft sleight of hand which ended with him presenting the heir to the throne with a King. “Years of misspent youth, I see.”
Read more: Prince Charles's dilemma about what to give the Pope in Royal visit to the Vatican*
Quote:
It is a dilemma familiar to us all: what to buy the man who has everything for the big occasion in his life.

That quandary was taken to another level at the Vatican today, as Pope Francis and the Prince of Wales exchanged gifts close to their heart.

The Prince told his host: "It's difficult to know what to give Your Holiness", looking at the hamper of homegrown produce he had settled on before modestly wondering: "Somebody else might like it".

An aide lifted the lid of the wicker basket, placed on a table in a study in the Vatican, to reveal jars of food from the Prince's Highgrove estate nestled amongst the straw.

The Prince, in his first audience with Pope Francis, explained: "They're all homemade things I produce".

His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, added "It's very good". The items are destined to be distributed among the poor and homeless in Rome, as a gesture from the Pope and Royal couple.
Also from this article:
Quote:
In 2009, when she met Pope Benedict XVI, she opted to wear the traditional black with a lace mantilla over her head.

A Vatican spokesman said: "Things have become more relaxed over the last few years there are no hard and fast rules."
Old 04-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen didn't wear black when she met with Pope Francis
Old 04-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Papal audience lasted 30 minutes,the Prince and Duchess also toured the Vatican Library and the British School in Rome .

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...visit-the-holy

Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...newest#license
Old 04-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

And why should Camilla, daughter-in-law of the reigning Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, 12 other countries, figurehead for 2 billion people, the most popular head of state (many would say person) in the world, wear black when she meets a controversial church leader.

I feel uncomfortable when I see clips where the Queen (in black) meets John Paul II.

Charles and Camilla at the Vatican (with sound), the ROME REPORTS comentator refered to Charles as the heir to the crown of England:
Old 04-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

"My husband talks a lot"
Ah Cams you're the best !
Old 04-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Finally! Its happened as I always said it would. "The Sneeze Heard Around The World" courtesy of the Daily Fail.

With the influences the HH The Pope has and the intense interest that Charles has in many areas, its a good thing to be able to express their opinions. I don't think that global warming is exactly a political issue but one that concerns every one of us living on this planet. Both men have the interest of all the people globally at heart.

Tags
austria, duchess of cornwall, italy, prince of wales, romania