Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Pakistan - Oct 29-Nov 3, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rominet09 said:
I quite agree, jewels are to be seen for our pleasure
true very true:ROFLMAO: all royals are for our pleasure

wow good research skydragon thanks for the clarification.
camilla is a trooper, if my husband said we're going on a business trip to pakistan, i'd say sorry honey, i'll make the next one

bbb said:
true very true:ROFLMAO: all royals are for our pleasure

wow good research skydragon thanks for the clarification.
camilla is a trooper, if my husband said we're going on a business trip to pakistan, i'd say sorry honey, i'll make the next one

Maybe that's why the information is release at such a rather short notice - my, I just told my husband that he had to fly to a conference in Fort Worth all by himself, as I wouldn't want ever to take a United Airlines flight and here is a lady who braves Pakistan together with her husband... She must make him really proud.

I think they are both very brave. There's no way I'd go there.

Prince Charles is ideally, perhaps even uniquely, placed to be able to do some real good in relation to the issue of inter-faith relations. Here's hoping this visit will be successful.

Prince Charles and Camilla's trip to Pakistan

In light of the recent announcement I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on the trip.

Prince Charles planning trip to Pakistan

LONDON, Oct. 5 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are planning a weeklong trip to Pakistan this month.

LINK

It's quite a lengthy trip so I expect they'll be visiting a fair amount of the country.
I'm quite intrigued to see how this works out as Diana was hugely popular in Pakistan so it will be interesting to see what sort of reaction people have to Camilla.

Well its not suprising that there going to Pakistan. Camilla wouldn't want Charles to go to pakistan by himself since it isn't that safe.

Last edited:
I'd love to know on what basis people are claiming Pakistan isn't safe. I spent nearly 6 weeks there over the summer and suffered from no dangers. Moreover a substantial amount of time was spent travelling between cities. No country is safe and no country can guarantee that your holiday will be hassle-free.

If anything they're going to get absolutely fantastic treatment, because not only is the British Royal Family quite well respected there but Pakistani are incredibly hospitable by nature.

security

Little_star said:
I'd love to know on what basis people are claiming Pakistan isn't safe. I spent nearly 6 weeks there over the summer and suffered from no dangers. Moreover a substantial amount of time was spent travelling between cities. No country is safe and no country can guarantee that your holiday will be hassle-free.

If anything they're going to get absolutely fantastic treatment, because not only is the British Royal Family quite well respected there but Pakistani are incredibly hospitable by nature.
When Diana went to Pakistan was there alot of danger or security problems. Because there is alot of fuss over the security of Charles and Camilla going to Pakistan.

I think they will be just as popular as Diana was. They are wonderful people and as Little-star said, very hospitable! I hope that nothing marr's their visit though, as it would just as sad for the people of Pakistan as it would be for Charles and Camilla.

im sure mostly people who love Diana so much than Camilla since 1992 and 1997 because Diana was more popular Princess but im not sure about picture frame of Diana at pakistan if they would remove or not

Do you think that Camilla will not be as popular as Diana in Pakistan, Sara? Perhaps I'm not reading your post correctly and if not, I apologise! :flowers:

Respectfully, I disagree. The people of Pakistan are not as caught up in the celebrity war of Diana versus Camilla, and therefore I feel that they would be just as welcoming to Camilla as they were to Diana. :)

I am looking forward to the trip to Parkistan at the end of this month.:wub: I think Charles and Camilla will be warmly welcomed by people there. It is the first time for both of them to travel there. I just hope that THRs will be well protected during the trip.

sirhon11234 said:
When Diana went to Pakistan was there alot of danger or security problems. Because there is alot of fuss over the security of Charles and Camilla going to Pakistan.
Diana's official visit was in 1992 and there were no security risks at all, from what I recall. Moreover she made quite a few unofficial visits as well, usually to Lahore to visit Imran and Jemima Khan.

sirhon11234 said:

Diana first went in September 1991, after she was separated from Charles, it became a legal separation at the end of 1992.

Jemima and Imran were married in 1995, so if she did go on 'unofficial unpublicised' visits it was after this.

The reason everyone is worried about security for Charles, (heir to the throne), and his wife is best shown by this article.
http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?story_id=7141272

Interesting article, but very one-sided and imo, misses some out major points. As it's OT I'll happily discuss it with you by PM if you want.

I posted the article to show why some people are concerned about the safety factor, not to spark an international incident. :flowers:

Thank you for sending this interesting article Skydragon!
I´ve never visited Pakistan, like you did Little Star, but i think, it´s a big difference, if you are travelling the country for holidays or as The Heir to the British Throne on a official visit. And i also do believe that there are living fantastic people (like in every country), but the political situation is very explosive and the neighbourhood to India is strained for a long time.
Terrorism need targets, and offical guests like the royal couple are very much in danger. That´s a fact, i think.

When Camilla and Charles visited India last year, the question wheather the people would like Camilla was the same one.
And the visit was very successful, the people did like her because of her own personality...maybe they didn´t expect a second Diana...
I think the same will happen in Pakistan.

Too be honest I don't think anybody expects a second Diana people know they are two different women.

I hope the trip will get good press like the last one and we will get nice pictures again.

Hmm, Charles and Camilla seem to be focusing on the Middle East.

First the trip to Egypt and India and now the trip to Pakistan. They seem to have an affinity for the area.

ysbel said:

First the trip to Egypt and India and now the trip to Pakistan. They seem to have an affinity for the area.

Hm, maybe the reason for that is that Royal visits to these regions with a rather unhealthy climate (politically and/or because of the weather) are due and the BRF decided it's too much for the queen in her advanced age.

I agree with Jo.
I think, another reason for the visit to Pakistan is, that Charles wants to do a job as a mediator.The political situation between India and Pakistan is very explosive, and we know that Charles likes this region of the world very much. So maybe he wants to help starting a time of approach and peace.

Last year when the couple visited India, i read, that it was always his wish to show Camilla some parts of the country he loves so much.

This is nice and all but, I got to thinking of this after reading the thread in Royal Chit Chat about which country might become a republic. They really need to start visting the realms. I know Charles went to Australia and New Zealand right before he got married and he was in Canada a few years ago, but I think he and Camilla need to start getting people in those areas used to the idea of having him as King/Princess (or Queen whatever) or else he is going to lose them.

Oppie said:
This is nice and all but, I got to thinking of this after reading the thread in Royal Chit Chat about which country might become a republic.

Pakistan has been The Islamic Republic of Pakistan since 1947.

What I was trying to say that instead of spending so much time in other countries, (or at the same time) they should start visting the other 15 countries he is going be King of.

On their official visits abraod, the Prince and the Duchess are working together with the British Foreign Secretary. They decided together, with the advice of the Prime Minister, where the are travelling, and what kind of talks they will have.
Their visits are poltical and social missions for the UK, it´s not only a question about where Charles will be king one day, or where they like to go.( But i think, Pakistan is near to their hearts )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom