Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might be lucky tonight. Brunei is quite glittery when it comes to their Royals and I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't see a piece of jewellery thats a gift from the Sultan.

... yes, but there is a strong possibility Camilla will not be wearing a tiara. On past trips abroad, she may have got the diamonds and the long dress out, but other than Uganda (and where the Queen was present), Camilla has never used a tiara. Not sure how protocol works on this.
Tiara's are normally used at The Lord Mayor's Banquet, the State Opening of Parliament and state receptions for foreign dignitaries. They can be worn for private parties of course, especially if the hosts state it is White Tie.:flowers:

Tiara's are normally used at The Lord Mayor's Banquet, the State Opening of Parliament and state receptions for foreign dignitaries. They can be worn for private parties of course, especially if the hosts state it is White Tie.:flowers:

Thank you. So lets see if we get lucky tonight!

this trip was folle of glamour pic of the duchess , nice choice for the creme dress of today!
i hope too to see the duchess wearing a tiara at the state banquet this evening!

I would say that it is very possible that Duchess of Cornwall wear a tiara for a state banquet. As we know, Brunei royals have some magnificent jewellery and often wear it for occasions as this one.

First pics from Brunei
Zimbio
Prince Charles And Duchess of Cornwall Tour Darussalam - Pictures - Zimbio

Belga
Prince Charles, Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah with his wives Queen Saleha and Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim and Camilla, prepare for a group photo during an audience at Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei on 31 October 2008.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2e3u6f9.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/168zwqc.jpg

Getty
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=53354343#

Beautiful pic!

Thank you for the first pics of the banquet!:flowers: (And also for all the other nice photos giov!)

So we can see: NO TIARA :verysad:,
but two men and three wives...:whistling::lol:

Given the current recession, I am not surprised that the banquet is somewhat low-key.

Thank you giov for the pictures! The evening dress looks delightful and the blue dress really suits her. I like this picture.

Camilla

Thank you also milla Ca for the article.
:rose2:

Lovely photos again. Thanks everyone who posted them. :flowers:

Camilla looks very nice in her floaty cream outfit at the banquet. I hope we get to see close-ups of her and the other ladies so we can see their outfits in detail, and especially so I can see the sparklies the Duchess is wearing. I think there are some serious diamonds there.

banquet dress

I agree. THAT is a really beautiful dress. The scarf looks pink in one of the pictures. Very elegant. Thanks for the pictures.

Lovely photos again. Thanks everyone who posted them. :flowers:

Camilla looks very nice in her floaty cream outfit at the banquet. I hope we get to see close-ups of her and the other ladies so we can see their outfits in detail, and especially so I can see the sparklies the Duchess is wearing. I think there are some serious diamonds there.

I agree. THAT is a really beautiful dress. The scarf looks pink in one of the pictures. Very elegant. Thanks for the pictures.
I also thought the overlay of chiffon was pink, whatever it still looks lovely.:flowers:
---------------------------
HRH The Prince of Wales will this Sunday visit the Indonesian island of Sumatra to view an innovative rainforest conservation project as part of his ongoing Far East tour. Prince Charles will see how logged rainforest on Sumatra is being protected and restored by conservation groups BirdLife International, based in Cambridge; Burung Indonesia, which in English is BirdLife in Indonesia; and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, which is BirdLife in the UK

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2008/2008-10-31-01.asp

CP Masako looks either excited or very nervous or both: she's flushed and her skin looks a bit too glowy. She looks great, though. It's wonderful to see her, and I really like her pretty pink suit.:flowers:

Both couples looked great! Surely one of the highlights of this trip!
Thank you for posting all the nice pics!:flowers:

October 30
The Prince of Wales was accorded in Tokyo one of the rarest honours that Japan has in its power to bestow: dinner with the elusive Crown Princess Masako.

Elusive Crown Princess Masako all smiles as she dines with Prince Charles - Times Online

I don't understand why they don't wear tiara in both banquet (japan and brunei). And I read in local newspaper that today the POW will arrive in Jakarta today. But the DOC doesn't company her.

POW will visit Yogyakarta, where he's going to meet His Highness the Sultan Hamengkubwono x of Yogyakarta and Her Highness Queen Hemas in the Yogyakarta Royal Palace. POW visit the palace once in 1989 with Diana.

here's some picture from 1989
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2945079810085180389UrNYzK

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2258492140085180389aBuIgL

BAHAR_19

RAMLI_013

I wonder why the DOC doesn't curtsy in front of Their Majesties. Beside The fact that Their Majesties is the reigning monarch, they both are much senior royal than the DOC. I think she suppose to curtsy right?

Thank you banda windsor for the pics. I particularly enjoyed the link to the pics of diana, a lot of which I have never seen before

BAHAR_19

RAMLI_013

I wonder why the DOC doesn't curtsy in front of Their Majesties. Beside The fact that Their Majesties is the reigning monarch, they both are much senior royal than the DOC. I think she suppose to curtsy right?

I have only seen still photos and no video showing the actual meeting so maybe she curtsied and we just don't have any photos of it.

I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.

. . . . . . I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.
I truely believe that Camilla is too polite to fail to pay her respects in the appropriate manner. Everywhere she has been before with the POW she has been the perfect wife and partner. IMO she would never let him down in such a rude and disrespectful way.

I just have to say, Charles has gotten better looking with time! He is much more distinguished, relaxed, and elegant now. I also admit I like a man with a little gray in his hair--

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only seen still photos and no video showing the actual meeting so maybe she curtsied and we just don't have any photos of it.

I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.

I am not sure but I believe Muslims Monarchs don't expect a long curtsy from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom