Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looks lovely--blue, shapeless thing--perhaps--but the color is very nice, she wears pearls beautifully, and I do like that insect brooch. It's different. I am also a big fan of those shoes--she wears them regularly--and have been on the hunt for a similar pair.

As for her missing the Indonesian leg of the trip--big deal. She doesn't enjoy heat, and she's had some health issues that may well make it intolerable for her. The media needs to find something more newsworthy than that.

That shad of blue certainly suits her. I am looking forward to seeing what she is going to wear for evening wear on this trip.

It was around 8 p.m. when TRH arrived at Tokyo. I think the state banquet will be tomorrow.:flowers:

Ah I see, thanks! I've been trying to dig out the itinery for the trip but can't find it. Well, as I have the time I'm going to guess that Camilla will wear;

The Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara
The Blue gown she wore in South Africa
The Diamond Collet Necklace

As for Orders, I'm going to stick my neck out and say the QE2 Family Order and the Order of the Precious Crown from Emperor Akihito. If she has got this then I'll change my dress colour prediction to the yellow one she wore for the Sarkozys which might suggest a tiara swap to the Delhi Durbar.

Lovely pictures. They do look jet lagged, and quite understandably so. Iremember from the one time we went to Japan, it took a good few days to recover fully.

Oh goodness, I forgot to mention how incredibly handsome Charles looks! It's always a given, he's always so elegantly tailored and attractive I sometimes forget to mention him. I don't want him to get lost in the fuss this time around as well!

As for the State Banguet--I'm not so sure about which dress--but I'm tired of the honeycomb (beautiful though it is) and while I'd like to see the Delhi Durbar again, I am hoping (fingers crossed) that we will see something else. What it might be I have no earthly idea--but it could be a smaller tiara--it may even be her family tiara.
I think the collet will reappear if the tiara is all diamonds, and of course, the family order and hopefully a new one as well! I'd also like to see a brooch this evening, nice earrings, the whole shebang. HOW WONDERFUL would it be to the Kent amethysts??? If those are paired with Boucheron I would not be upset in the least. I guess we shall have to wait to see what Camilla wows us with this time....

I think Camilla has to get the Precious Crown, Mette Marit got it after all.

Why thankyou. ;)

Looking at it, Mette Marit got the Grand Cross of the Order of the Precious Crown on her first meeting with the Emperor. Nobody can say that Camilla's past would affect her getting the order because Mette Marit was equally 'non-conventional'! So I'm quite hopeful.

I wonder what Crown Prince Naruhito said to make her laugh?

Camilla and Crown Prince Naruhito

I think the reason for her smile is a warm welcome, the kind words of Crown Prince Naruhito maybe let her forget that she´s probably very tired after a long flight, starting in the night.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall, he was greeted in Tokyo by Crown Prince Naruhito, who cut a solitary figure, being unaccompanied, as usual, by Crown Princess Masako, who has not carried out official functions since being diagnosed with depression.

Prince Charles arrives in Tokyo to campaign on global warming - Times Online

I like this one too Milla, they look so happy together and they seem to share the same thoughts about everything. A very nice happy photograph.

Why thankyou. ;) Looking at it, Mette Marit got the Grand Cross of the Order of the Precious Crown on her first meeting with the Emperor. Nobody can say that Camilla's past would affect her getting the order because Mette Marit was equally 'non-conventional'! So I'm quite hopeful.
I am sure that Duchess of Cornwall will get her Order. When it comes to the Orders, the past is irrelevant to the Japanese. She is going to get the Order because she is the wife of Heir Apparent.

Quite right Al Bina. I really hope we do see Crown Princess Masako at some point. It's hard to excuse her when she's made other public appearances and the Empress, who apparantly found it hard to adjust and suffers with nerves, gets on with her duty impeccably at a great age.

I hope to see Crown Princess Massako as well. It has been reported that Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako will give a private dinner to Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall. Let us hope that photos of this event will be released. :flowers:

from the PoW - website:

TRH arrive in Japan
27th October 2008

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were greeted by Crown Prince Naruhito, a senior member of Japan's imperial royal family, on the first day of their overseas tour to Japan, Brunei and Indonesia.

The Prince of Wales - TRH arrive in Japan

TRH visit Japan - the visit will promote low carbon future and celebrates 150 years of diplomatic relations
27th October 2008

The Prince of Wales will call for “nothing less than an urgent, full-scale transformation to a low-carbon society” in a keynote speech on the first full day of his official visit to Japan.

The Prince of Wales - TRH visit Japan - the visit will promote low carbon future and celebrates 150 years of diplomatic relations

The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 28th October 2008

The Prince of Wales - Wednesday 29th October 2008

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 30th October 2008

Fabulous! Who knows, we may be lucky and get two tiara outings.

Camilla looks lovely--blue, shapeless thing--perhaps--but the color is very nice, she wears pearls beautifully, and I do like that insect brooch. It's different. I am also a big fan of those shoes--she wears them regularly--and have been on the hunt for a similar pair.

As for her missing the Indonesian leg of the trip--big deal. She doesn't enjoy heat, and she's had some health issues that may well make it intolerable for her. The media needs to find something more newsworthy than that.
Her shoes are by LK Bennett http://www.lkbennett.com/products/sale/saleshoes/saleshoescourts/sara/pid-26590chocolate, this is Camillas pair, but not tan-colored, but chocolade-brown, t you'll find lots of nice and similiar pairs. Kate wears a lot of LK Bennett-shoes, too. They are not very expensive IMO

Edit: I think Camilla owns this pair http://www.lkbennett.com/products/sale/saleshoes/saleshoescourts/smartie/pid-29042taupe and this pair http://www.lkbennett.com/products/sale/saleshoes/saleshoescourts/story/pid-28846camel as well, not sure about the color

I hope to see Crown Princess Massako as well. It has been reported that Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako will give a private dinner to Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall. Let us hope that photos of this event will be released. :flowers:

Oh yes, it would be great to see the Crown Princess. Hopefully she is feeling much better.

I had the impression from the still photos that Camilla looked rather nervous, but it might have been just the strain of jet-lag.:flowers:

And they have arrived. Both look extremely jet-lagged and Camilla is in a blue shapeless thing, suitable for travelling though so we'll let her off.

I am sure that Duchess of Cornwall will get her Order. When it comes to the Orders, the past is irrelevant to the Japanese. She is going to get the Order because she is the wife of Heir Apparent.
According to the Prince of Wales's diary of engagements, TRH will be hosted a Dinner by the Emperor and Empress tonight. It will be a highlight event, and for sure that Camilla would be out for a Tiara, and Order of the Precious Crown as well.

I had the impression from the still photos that Camilla looked rather nervous, but it might have been just the strain of jet-lag.:flowers:
It must have been jet lag, :sleeping: she isn't silly, after all, what is there to be nervous of?:cool:

Her shoes are by LK Bennett SARA-Sale Courts-LK Bennett, this is Camillas pair, but not tan-colored, but chocolade-brown, t you'll find lots of nice and similiar pairs. Kate wears a lot of LK Bennett-shoes, too. They are not very expensive IMO

Edit: I think Camilla owns this pair SMARTIE-Sale Courts-LK Bennett and this pair STORY-Sale Courts-LK Bennett as well, not sure about the color

Many many many many thanks to you jinigirl! I'm off to order (hope they ship internationally!)

And they have arrived. Both look extremely jet-lagged and Camilla is in a blue shapeless thing, suitable for travelling though so we'll let her off.

But wouldn't it be usual for her to change before arrival?

I think the reason for her smile is a warm welcome, the kind words of Crown Prince Naruhito maybe let her forget that she´s probably very tired after a long flight, starting in the night.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall, he was greeted in Tokyo by Crown Prince Naruhito, who cut a solitary figure, being unaccompanied, as usual, by Crown Princess Masako, who has not carried out official functions since being diagnosed with depression.

Prince Charles arrives in Tokyo to campaign on global warming - Times Online
I agree on the favourite pic. It just exudes marital harmony

PC and D of C look really well and happy on Day 2. They got a really great welcome from the japanese children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom