Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Prince of Wales's diary of engagements, TRH will be hosted a Dinner by the Emperor and Empress tonight. It will be a highlight event, and for sure that Camilla would be out for a Tiara, and Order of the Precious Crown as well.

It's listed as a private dinner not a gala so probably not a tiara and decorations event.

Thank you milla Ca and giov for all the pictures, I know it takes time to find them all!:flowers: A wonderful selection from milla Ca as usual! :rose2: Charles and Camilla really looked like they were enjoying themselves, but I am somewhat jealous, (not a normal reaction for me), they met my hero Asimo!:lol:
---------------------
Prince Charles and his wife Camilla arrived here Monday on a visit to Japan, the first in nearly two decades by the heir to the British throne

Channelnewsasia.com

What a pity they didn't have our own milla Ca picking the photograph to use! :whistling:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I'm not sure to like this day outfit.
The color is nice but the pearls on the shoulders are a lilltle bit too'"Dolly Parton".

Sadly no tiara for the dinner but a very new beautiful and well cut dress for the DOC.

The color is flattering. Not too much cleavage. Nice and of course appropriate japanese touch. One of her best evening dress Imo.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...9669,83459667,83459666,83459664|0&id=83460813

A special bonus : a nice curtsey

No tiara? No decoration? One is sad.

I'm not sure to like this day outfit.
The color is nice but the pearls on the shoulders are a lilltle bit too'"Dolly Parton".

Sadly no tiara for the dinner but a very new beautiful and well cut dress for the DOC.

The color is flattering. Not too much cleavage. Nice and of course appropriate japanese touch. One of her best evening dress Imo.

A special bonus : a nice curtsey

Lovely pictures. The evening dress looks regal, it seem to fit very well and Camilla looked radiant in it. Its a pity that it is a private dinner, and we are robbed of the opportunity to see Camilla bedecked in her wonderful jewellery.

I too was not a huge fan of the suit that Camilla wore during the day - IMO the dangly bits on the shoulders were not really Camilla!

Her shape makes for an unnatractive fit where many of her evening gowns are involved, and as such, reflects the middle age spread quite well, imo. She could be better assisted and I do feel she's being let down. Certainly she wouldn't be the easiest shape to dress but a better job could be done! And considering it's no doubt tailored, I expect more.

It looked 'ok' from the back with the detailing. But front on...ugh! Still, it's a lovely colour on her and she wears it with a smile!

I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...:D

Her shape makes for an unnatractive fit where many of her evening gowns are involved, and as such, reflects the middle age spread quite well, imo. She could be better assisted and I do feel she's being let down. Certainly she wouldn't be the easiest shape to dress but a better job could be done! And considering it's no doubt tailored, I expect more.

It looked 'ok' from the back with the detailing. But front on...ugh! Still, it's a lovely colour on her and she wears it with a smile!

I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...:D

I agree that some of the detailing on the front of the dress is a bit amateurish, but IMO the dress as a whole works very well.

I agree that some of the detailing on the front of the dress is a bit amateurish, but IMO the dress as a whole works very well.

Her bust is ample enough without being subject to materials which induce shimmer across the chest. Her waist and hips are also areas which seem to possess a reasonable abundance of width and are often afflicted by detailings which draw the eyes, as is here the case. Overall, I think it's quite frumpy.

HRH has the potential to look amazing...though as of yet, I've seen such a sight but a mere few times.

Her posture truly isn't the best either.

All my own opinion, of course...:)

Madame Royale,
As usually, your observations are insightful.
:flowers: The outfits are all right. Duchess has got limited latitude, when it comes to outfits.
The visit seems to be going all right: a dancing robot, kendo practice, warm welcome from the Japanese.

Her bust is ample enough without being subject to materials which induce shimmer across the chest. Her waist and hips are also areas which seem to possess a reasonable abundance of width and are often afflicted by detailings which draw the eyes, as is here the case. Overall, I think it's quite frumpy.

HRH has the potential to look amazing...though as of yet, I've seen such a sight but a mere few times.

All my own opinion, of course...:)

All very valid points, and ones her chosen designers should bear in mind. I am sure we would all support any moves to further glam up her attire.

As regards your observations as to her phyical attributes, my only comment is that I think she is doing quite well for a woman in her 60s!

The top of the dress is very nice-not to low cut and the back is with the sash/obi effect was very beautiful. However the front across the waist seems to 'bunch up' some.
Overall very flattering color and effect.

Mmmm "Frumpy" is rude. As Al Bina said we are in "limited latitude" concerning the DOC and her clothes. For her age and her body it's elegant and appropriate. Of course sh'es not a model, but frankly it's not that bad.

The dress is far more fitted and seems to be from a better material than the Uganda one :

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Detail.aspx?axd=DetailPaging.Generic|1&axs=0|78079228%2c78079214%2c78079205%2c78079199%2c78079183%2c78079091%2c78079090%2c78079088%2c78079082%2c78079081%2c78079072%2c78079068%2c78079064%2c78079050%2c78079047%2c78079044%2c78079043%2c78079042%2c78079688%2c78075611%2c78075610%2c78075609%2c78075608%2c78075546%2c78075544%2c78075538%2c78075495%2c78075493%2c78075492%2c78075490%2c78075488%2c78075484%2c78075473%2c78075471%2c78075466%2c78075464%2c78075462%2c78075460%2c78075309%2c78075275%2c78075274%2c78075273%2c78075233%2c78075202%2c78075197%2c78075196%2c78075195%2c78075188%2c78075177%2c78075025%2c78074998%2c78074997%2c78074996%2c78074995%2c78074917%2c78074916%2c78074915%2c78074914%2c78074734%2c78074726|0&id=78075538

But i agree that the best evening and flattering look for the DOC remains the nice conbination jacket + dress.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...1390,56971386,56971381,56971378|0&id=74408683
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...1390,56971386,56971381,56971378|0&id=74408683
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...2354,56062350,56061562,56060276|0&id=56059242http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...1390,56971386,56971381,56971378|0&id=74408683

I don't like the dress but see no need for the gleefully bitchy remarks and those cloaked in concern and understanding. MEOW:pawprint::hellokitty::dog:.

I do not find the remarks "gleefully bitchy". It is a usual course of discussion, when it comes to fashion. Similar remarks about other Crown Princesses' outfits can easily be found in the fashion forum.

Speaking of which, let's try to direct our fashion comments to the fashion forum if they are going to be discussed at length. Thanks!

pictures and blinkage.

Thanks for posting the great pictures.
I like the closeup of the DOC. She looks best when she's smiling. I don't really miss all the over the top blinkage.

Nore pics from Ibl
Charles and Camilla attend an official diner at the Imperial Palace hosted by Emperor Akihito of Japan. 10/28/2008.
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

I haven't really looked at all the pictures, but I think she looked good (although I wasn't too keen on the fringey beads at the shoulders on that one suit).

I hope they'll get a chance to see Masako. I think it would make all the difference for Masako to get to know some of the world's VIPs. And she and Camilla might have a great deal in common; after all, Camilla has certainly endured rough treatment from the press.

I loved the way both Prince Charles looked and the Duchess of Cornwall. And they really look HAPPY.

Also I loved her pearl chocker and blue dress.:flowers:

I do not find the remarks "gleefully bitchy". It is a usual course of discussion, when it comes to fashion. Similar remarks about other Crown Princesses' outfits can easily be found in the fashion forum.
Ahh, that could be why I rarely venture to it to read all the posts by the top fashion advisers!:rolleyes:
I hope they'll get a chance to see Masako
I hope that we will also see Masako, one of my favourite princesses.:wub: :flowers:

When i read some of the statements here today it´s not the first time that i ask if we are talking here about humans or only about the wish to see always perfect Princess/ Princes with perfect bodys dressed in perfect suits .... behave every second in a perfect way....:rolleyes:
I just want to send some pics from the Prince´s speech today...but now i´m afraid that not everything is perfect with him...so maybe it´s better to let it be....:cool:

:previous:Please post them milla Ca, not everybody is that way inclined.:flowers:

Mmmm "Frumpy" is rude. As Al Bina said we are in "limited latitude" concerning the DOC and her clothes. For her age and her body it's elegant and appropriate. Of course sh'es not a model, but frankly it's not that bad.

Rude? My dear girl I think not.

I commented that the gown looked frumpy. No where did I state the Duchess was frumpy. Nor have I ever.

If a certain few (no surprises there) are going to surmise the intent of my posts, then good luck to them...lol. My observations are neither mean or bitchy. They are observations of someone within the industry who believes HRH is not being fitted and styled to her dimensions. It's not her fault and I don't like seeing it happen to anyone..least of all someone in her position.

Are there to be any other dinner events? Surely there shall. I look forward to the pictures later today.

I commented that the gown looked frumpy. No where did I state the Duchess was frumpy. Nor have I ever.

If a certain few (no surprises there) are going to surmise the intent of my posts, then good luck to them...lol. My observations are neither mean or bitchy. They are observations of someone within the industry---snipped---.
Of course each to their own opinion, whether a sales assistant, clerk, pattern cutter or secretary, all are after, within the industry. I believe we have had this conversation before (no surprise there). I am surprised nobody picked up my remarks that the comments appeared to be cloaked in concern and understanding. :dog:.

Concern was voiced about the content in one of the other threads, with derogatory personal comments allowed but it seems that this thread is now a victim.

A nice article.

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were treated to an exhibition of some of Japan’s best known cultural traditions when they visited one of the country’s oldest universities...

Prince Charles and Camilla meet Japanese dancer - Telegraph
Absolutely brilliant, a masterpiece! Thank you for posting it!:flowers: The shouts in Kendo can be terrifying in themselves, (which is one of the reasons). My Sensei was a great chap, until you were in the dojo!:D

While I am quite disappointed at the lack of tiara (oh how I hoped for a new one to emerge!) I have to say that I thought the dress had a very regal, yet simplistic flair to it--much like the Duchess. As much as I would have loved to have seen some serious jewels, she is equally elegant with or without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom